Tennmak
May 11, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #151 of 1,026

Don't tell me that now that I've ordered the HLSX 808 and it's in the mail! :frowning2:

I wouldn't worry too much as it seems everyone else loves them. Perhaps my ears or sound preferences are just bad. After all I seem to be the only one that uses gold tips with the ED9. :p
Could be brain-in but the bass seems to have improved somewhat with time but I don't think these will ever be my daily driver.

May 11, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #153 of 1,026
@peter123 sorry I meant PaulPark. 
beerchug.gif

May 11, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #154 of 1,026
May 13, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #155 of 1,026
I managed to lose my Sennheiser IE8 IEMs so now I'm looking for cheaper but decent ones for a fool like me. What kind of sound stage Tennmak (Pro and Piano) has? How well those suit for jazz, acoustic live records etc? Will funk make me to get off my ass and jam? And will they keep up on heavier metal? I don't care about modern pop at all.

Here's my favorite test track (Gojira: Art of Dying): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrDSdC0Joh8
Some good spots: 1:10 (bass), 2:15 (treble).

In overall, how good these cheap Chinese IEMs are? Can I compare those to western 200-300€ IEMs/headphones?

Thanks for the help!

May 13, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #156 of 1,026
my Pianos are temporarily in the drawer as I managed to destroy the cable so now I'm waiting for a new one but from my experience of listening to heavy stuff (e.g. Pantera, Fear Factory) they cope with it very well, there is a lot of space, clarity and detail based on a good quality bass

I have never touched any iems above 50usd so I have nothing to say as for your last question :)

but as for accoustic live music for example Alice In Chains Unplugged sounds really good

(another model worth recommendation IMHO is Joyroom E107)

May 15, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #157 of 1,026
Had a massive day at work yesterday then went home and collapsed in bed with my pianos. Woke up a full 8 hours later with my telephone under me. The right side earphone had fallen out during the night but the left side was still fully in. Had no pain or discomfort at all and no damage done to the piano. Damn these things are awesome!

May 16, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #159 of 1,026
is piano better than 808 crabdog? lol. i also purchased the 808 and im gonna sell it right away if the piano is better than 808 hehe. the only thing i don't like about the piano is the memory wire.

Technically no it's not. The 808 is very good and most people will say it's superior but it depends what kind of sound signature you like and your taste in music too. I find the 808 to be a bit too analytical sometimes and find the piano less fatiguing and a bit more musical / warm. I find that the 808 sounds better from my pc and laptop so maybe they just don't pair well with the Xduoo X2. They're both great, it will just depend on personal preference.

May 17, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #160 of 1,026
Just revisted the Tenmak Pro thats been hanging in my spare closet along with a bunch of other chinese IEMs taking a backseat to the honeymoon period am in with the Shozy Zero sound. To the point I popped my Fidue MMX mic cable onto them to make a phone call and OMG they sound fantastic! They are still on the thin side in the sub and mid bass for my tastes but the presence and clarity in the mids and treble are fantastic for a sub $30 IEM! Did some tip rolling and found a large silicon medium bore from the Easy M2s which gave an even better but more shallow seal and resonates more like a subwoofer in my ear canals.. the Pros easily better the Easy M2 in the mids and treble to my ears , find the M2s to be rather recessed in the mids.. the Tenmal Pros are very comfortable for extended listening second only to the tiny and light Shozy Zeros.. Tenmak Pro is increadible value IMO! Makes me wonder what their sexy looking high end stuff sounds like!

i've been spending some time with the pros (which i recently received in trade for the easy custom ues) and found that when properly driven (in my case, with the new htc 10) they actually have a lot of subbass--with less power the low end did sound somewhat anemic. it's very clean and unbloated bass, too--there's no midrange bleed.  overall clarity and refinement are very impressive, price notwithstanding

May 18, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #161 of 1,026
Just revisted the Tenmak Pro thats been hanging in my spare closet along with a bunch of other chinese IEMs taking a backseat to the honeymoon period am in with the Shozy Zero sound. To the point I popped my Fidue MMX mic cable onto them to make a phone call and OMG they sound fantastic! They are still on the thin side in the sub and mid bass for my tastes but the presence and clarity in the mids and treble are fantastic for a sub $30 IEM! Did some tip rolling and found a large silicon medium bore from the Easy M2s which gave an even better but more shallow seal and resonates more like a subwoofer in my ear canals.. the Pros easily better the Easy M2 in the mids and treble to my ears , find the M2s to be rather recessed in the mids.. the Tenmal Pros are very comfortable for extended listening second only to the tiny and light Shozy Zeros.. Tenmak Pro is increadible value IMO! Makes me wonder what their sexy looking high end stuff sounds like!

Hey AudioDHD

so you would say that the shozy zero is still a better choice than pros yeah?

thanks

May 18, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #162 of 1,026
 Hey AudioDHD

so you would say that the shozy zero is still a better choice than pros yeah?

thanks

My source is somewhat limited to a Note 4 using Neutron player which I highly recommend for anyone using Android with stock music player.  The Shozys cost double the Pros for me so it depends on budget and sound preference, find the Pros more brighter cleaner sound with emphasis in presence on mids and treble with a decent open airy soundstage which adds to the charm of their lightness. I find them very  pleasant on the ears for extended listening being small and  comfortable so you become less conscious of things in your earholes and more focused on just the sound! IMO they offer ridiculous value if bright light and clear with  decent detail and a dash of sub bass is your sound preference and can reward further with a good tinker (upgraded cable , largest wide nozzle silicons you can fit in your ears , shallow insertion for added bass) then they get better and better and likely even more so if you have a better source.

The Shozys Zeros dig deeper offering a more rounded warmer sound  with emphasis towards richer fuller sounding bass and thicker mids, with slight sparkle and extension in a more laid back treble,  there is nothing I can really pick on about them.. my ears think they are the more musical with sweet sounding of the two.  There's a quality to the  Bass with good separation of the mids  and clarity with enough detail going into the upper frequencies  to satisfy without being fatiguing at all, soundstage is average compared to the IE80s but just right for a tiny package.  They are the smallest lightest  and most comfortable IEMs out of the 10 or so in this collection so far and like the Pros your focused on the sound and not whats sitting on your ears, and the sound impression is big for something so small. 

In short they offer completely different signatures bright and light and clear with detachable cord versus warm balanced and musical, the star of the show being an unbloated enjoyable deeper reaching and fuller base but with non detachable cord prone to tangle.Find Microphonics to not be an issue with either. The Pros cost pretty half that of the Zeros. To my ears the Zeros offer another tier of sound which I find a more satisfying flavor, bear in mind the Zeros could be my current favorites because I've come from Fidue A83 then 808s which offer totally different signatures. The IE80s are the closest I have to the Zeros and offer greater soundstage and more extension and sparkle in the treble but thats about it, Id pick the fuller more balanced flavor that is Zeros over them which makes me feel a bit foolish paying 8 times more for the IE80s.

Just  Like the Pros the sound quality on offer here is miles above their asking price when compared to Western prices for similar sound quality. In fact the asking price has nothing to do with the quality of sound on offer from either.

hope these impressions are helpful .

May 20, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #163 of 1,026
My Tennmak Dulcimer package arrived today and I can't believe it, It comes with the distorted box and there is no headphone inside 
confused.gif

Too bad I didn't check the package on arrival and signed in the receive letter, the previous orders on AE and Taobao were quite smooth so I don't care about it. I don't have high hope, maybe the local customs took it (it happens many times in my country).
I contacted the gearbest and they asked for the acceptance letter from the local post office. If it's too complicated and takes much of time, then I may pass on this.

http://imgur.com/a/I3YZr

May 20, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #165 of 1,026
  That's a real shame. Looks like someone wanted to see what was inside and decided to take it for themselves. Hope you can get your dulcimer, they are meant to be really good. What country are you from?

I'm from Vietnam 
biggrin.gif

Idk this is by mistake or a random guy's intention. But yeah, maybe I've lost my Dulcimer though I don't see it yet 
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back