Tempotec V1 & V1A
Jun 13, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #61 of 237
Hello all, just wanted to share the following - maybe someone has had a similar case and can take advantage of my experience.

I got a V1, and it worked as inteded with
- Fiio BTR5 connected via USB
- an iNassen DAC dongle (which was pure crap sq-wise so I returned it, but it did connect flawlessly with the V1)
- a Dosmix Hifi Dongle

However, my Meizu Hifi DAC Pro dongle refused to work properly. V1 could connect to it only at 100% battery power, and play for some time. Soon after the battery discharged by "1 icon tick" V1 lost connection with the Meizu, and the only way to restore it was to re-top battery to 100%.
Ofc I went through quite some troubleshooting, including checking firmware etc.... No joy :frowning2:

So I opened a case at Tempotec, and they sent me a replacement unit. Took some time as always but I finally got it, and the replacement unit works flawlessly with Meizu (besides all the rest, ofc).

Just for you guys to know.

Jun 13, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #62 of 237
Hello all, just wanted to share the following - maybe someone has had a similar case and can take advantage of my experience.

I got a V1, and it worked as inteded with
- Fiio BTR5 connected via USB
- an iNassen DAC dongle (which was pure crap sq-wise so I returned it, but it did connect flawlessly with the V1)
- a Dosmix Hifi Dongle

However, my Meizu Hifi DAC Pro dongle refused to work properly. V1 could connect to it only at 100% battery power, and play for some time. Soon after the battery discharged by "1 icon tick" V1 lost connection with the Meizu, and the only way to restore it was to re-top battery to 100%.
Ofc I went through quite some troubleshooting, including checking firmware etc.... No joy :frowning2:

So I opened a case at Tempotec, and they sent me a replacement unit. Took some time as always but I finally got it, and the replacement unit works flawlessly with Meizu (besides all the rest, ofc).

Just for you guys to know.

Thanks for updating us. I am happy my V1-A as a different model is working fine.

Jun 13, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #63 of 237
Thanks for updating us. I am happy my V1-A as a different model is working fine.

In my case it was apparently not a model-related issue, but a sample variation (a bad unit)

Jun 15, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #66 of 237
A question for all of you fellow V1 users.

The battery icon in my V1 showing a very non-linear behaviour.
Under an approximately homogeneous load, the first 3 "ticks" (that is from 5/5 full-charged to 2/5) get progressively lit-down more or less in the same time.
Once reached 2/5 level though, tick #2/5 and tick #1/5 instead turn off way more quickly. Like 4 or 5 times more rapidly.

Has someone noticed the same?

Jun 15, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #67 of 237
no, the steps on the V1 are in %. When you push the hardware button you see the % on the screen, then you can slide the screenvolume if you like. Very convenient, very fast and smooth. It works with much more steps than on my phone or Tempotec HD pro.

About the battery indicator... I think I noticed the same, but normally it just quits on me after listening a long time. :wink:
Indicators are usually like that, it's the battery that behaves that way, the indicator just measures V.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #68 of 237
no, the steps on the V1 are in %. When you push the hardware button you see the % on the screen, then you can slide the screenvolume if you like. Very convenient, very fast and smooth. It works with much more steps than on my phone or Tempotec HD pro.

I think you are referring to the volume steps?

Jun 16, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #69 of 237

About the battery indicator... I think I noticed the same, but normally it just quits on me after listening a long time. :wink:
Indicators are usually like that, it's the battery that behaves that way, the indicator just measures V.
I mean yeah there are 100 steps on the v1, but when used with e1da 9038s g3, even the 4th step is too loud. I'm using an iem.
Anyway I'm hoping the e1da app will fix this issue

Jun 16, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #70 of 237
I mean yeah there are 100 steps on the v1, but when used with e1da 9038s g3, even the 4th step is too loud. I'm using an iem.
Anyway I'm hoping the e1da app will fix this issue

You are opening a nice point here. I have some odd experience I am looking into right now. Here we go:

V1 -> USB -> Meizu Hifi Dac Pro dongle (declared power 30mW@32Ohm) -> TIN T4 (32 Ohm) : volume progression is smooth all the way up

V1 -> USB -> BTR5 (declared power 80mW@32Ohm) -> TIN T4 (32 Ohm) : volume progression is smooth all the way up, sound pressure output is definitely louder ofc

V1 -> USB -> DOSMIX TPR22 dongle (declared power 30mW@32Ohm) -> TIN T4 (32 Ohm) : volume progression is much steeper. At 12-13/100 I get the same sound pressure out that I get at 30-35/100 out with the Meizu. Besides that, the sound pressure out at 100/100 is WAY louder than the Meizu and of the BTR5 too.

Jun 16, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #71 of 237
Once somebody figures it out, could it be a hack to drive something a lot more power-hungry? Has somebody who has a 'loud' dongle tried it with something like a HD6XX that's a little more demanding than a 32ohm IEM?

Sounds exciting

p.s. I only have experience with the Meizu HiFi Pro so I don't have anything constructive to add to this issue, apologies.

Jun 16, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #72 of 237
Once somebody figures it out, could it be a hack to drive something a lot more power-hungry? Has somebody who has a 'loud' dongle tried it with something like a HD6XX that's a little more demanding than a 32ohm IEM?

Sounds exciting

p.s. I only have experience with the Meizu HiFi Pro so I don't have anything constructive to add to this issue, apologies.

Tell you what: I did something "similar" :) I got no high impedance cans to test, but I do have 2 very low impedance & low sensitivity IEMS, namely Final E4000 and especially Final E5000 (14 Ohm 93 dB a very bad customer for many sources)

Talking about E5000 only
- Meizu Hifi DAC Pro - V1 set at 98-99/100 is still almost unable to properly drive it. I get some pressure out, but sound is still veiled
- BTR5 - V1 set at 100/100, then BTR5/SE volume set at 58/60 "decently" drives E5000 (fact is: BTR5 drives E5000 properly from BE only)
- Dosmix TPR22 - V1 set at 20-21/100 fully opens E5000 sound, a walk in the park....

I did not physically open the dosmix thingie. According to their specs inside there should be 1 x WHS9415 DAC + 1 x TI OPA1622 amp.
The amp chip is the same installed inside the Meizu dongle, which produces a totally different result when driven by the very same source.

Lastly: I obvsiously did not do the following test with IEMs plugged in my ears but if I raise the volume on the V1+Meizu to 100% I do hear a certain level of music leaking from the connected IEMs laying on my desk; if I do the same with V1+Dosmix at 80% the sound level leaking from the IEMs is so loud I fear damaging them !

So: either the parts inside the Dosmix are not the ones written in the spec sheet, but something totally different and much more powerful (I doubt...), or there is something in the way the V1 sends power to the Dosmix that is dramatically different from how it sends power to the Meizu.

If someone more competent than me can explain this... ?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #73 of 237
@Hooga Thanks for the findings. I'm no where near smart enough for it either but thanks for your findings.

Completely unrelated, has anybody used a 512GB MicroSD card with this yet? I'm thinking of getting one for the V1 but wanted to make sure it worked first.

Jun 18, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #74 of 237
Completely unrelated, has anybody used a 512GB MicroSD card with this yet? I'm thinking of getting one for the V1 but wanted to make sure it worked first.

Good question :D Personally I didnt but as a matter of facts, I just asked them (Tempotec) yesterday about this :) waiting for an answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back