Tempotec V1 & V1A
Mar 30, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #31 of 237
But a DAC is a Digital to Analogue Converter and the V1 doesn't have an analogue section so it can't work as a DAC. The best it could do is send a digital signal via coax or USB that it receives from Bluetooth? Which makes it a Digital to Digital Conversion, at best.
You're right, I didn't mention things right. V1 only can send and receive bluetooth, conversion to analog is done by external DAC. The only thing is that receiving from a smartphone or PC is possible (in Linux and in the LDAC codec after installing pulseaudio-modules-bt-git and libldac-git on the system)
Windows and Mac OS x only aptX, even after some system modifications

One bug on Vortex firmware - there is no normal playback in the album playback panel, only 2 shuffle and 2 loop modes. Or just me?

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #32 of 237
I didn't mean to nitpick u but I thought it was worth clarifying for the benefit of members and lurkers reading through this thread trying to decipher the difference between the V1 and the V1-A.

Nothing personal

Apr 1, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #33 of 237
The error in the icon is only in the swapped play mode icon. When cycling play modes, shuffle mode is 2 times. take it easy. Even so, Hiby player still can't play through directories and albums in the artist selection, only in the albums and directories selection. Hopefully they will learn ...

Apr 8, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #36 of 237
Would anyone tell me step by step how to update V1 Firmware?

Thanks
Download the Firmware from the Tempotec Website or XVortex’s firmware and upzip the file. You’ll end up with a file called “update.upt”. Load on a SD Card and turn on the Tempotec with the card inserted. Go to “System” on the main Menu and select the last item “Firmware update”. Click “OK” and the update will load.

Apr 18, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #37 of 237
hi there, I've tried to upgrade the FW by pressing "+" and connecting it to my PC. Nothing happened. At the beginning of the FW update the Instruction reads (in red) 'Please make sure V1 or V1-A is power off during the entire firmware updated process.' Has anybody managed to upgrade the FW with a PC?

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #38 of 237
Recently my V1 stopped playing songs via an external DAC. When I connect the dac to V1 via Type C I can hear a click and that's it. There is no sound coming from V1. Type C works while charging. I can play songs thru the Bluetooth no problem. How shall I fix that to make it work with a DAC?

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #39 of 237
Apr 18, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #40 of 237
I’m reaching the 20k limit on my 2 250gb cards.
I put two 256 GB cards too but the player loads for a very long time. Sometimes the screen even goes dark/off while being loaded. Is it the same story with you?

The question to all:
Is there a way to make the subj play songs immediately after the player has been started and without releasing a "Pause" button?

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #41 of 237
often it's just a matter of rebooting to make it recognize the dac again. Or try another dac. I had the same with my phone, the V1 is not all that different.

Indexing is letting the Hiby software scan the id3 tags of all files in the path you tell it to, to update it's database file. (go to the grey settings icon and go to update database). That way you can play by genre or artist io just browsing folders. I always update the database after changes so I can use it as intended (the smart way). I hate shuffling jazz, classic and pop. Mine starts up and when the Tempotec screen is gone it's instantly ready to go. Just push play and it resumes where it was.

What might help not overloading the OS is to not cram it full of small files. I use SDS or flac by default, only MP3 if I can't find anything else or my own legacy stuff. I use the V1 for quality, not quantity.

I don't see the problem in putting the firmware on an SD, you have to fill it with music anyway. It's just 1 go.

If stuff doesn't want to go like it should, you should go like it wants (folk wisdom).

Apr 19, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #43 of 237
just updated to the custom firmware.

It's much faster or quicker to navigate the UI. The font has changed and it more easier to read imo.
IMG_20200419_2305398.jpg

Apr 19, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #44 of 237
often it's just a matter of rebooting to make it recognize the dac again. Or try another dac.
I've tried 4 different dacs. No luck. When I connect Ztella the player reads "The dac is disconnected". No idea what's going on.

Is there a way to play music after loading the player without pressing Pause button? I'd like to have it play the music just after loading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back