TempoTec Owners Thread
Oct 25, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #31 of 173
I wonder whether this @TempoTec account is official TempoTec that monitor on Head-Fi?

I'd like to report my found (possibly a bug)..

My Tempotec E44 sound fine with nothing strange with 3.5mm SE output... (with PCM, not yet try DSD)
But I found something strange when I usedE44 with 4.4mm Balanced (tested with KB Ear Aurora (18Ω) with Faaeal hibiscus balanced 4.4mm cable).
- for 24/96 material, it sounded normal just like 3.5mm SE, and just louder
- but for sample rate 44.1KHz and 48KHz... everytime I start a song, it start with a little bit quieter then jump to louder...

Did you guys, by any chance tried with similar situation as mine above?

PS. aside from more powerful, with Aurora, I 'think' in E44 in SE sounded better than in Balanced. Maybe it is a wrong match... I need to try it with more difficult load...
(giving more thought on this... E44 in Balanced is too powerful for Aurora... I only use few volume clicks... it might be that the bits resolution are much lower in such a low volume...)

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #34 of 173
Nov 14, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #40 of 173
Wczoraj dostałem E44. Zaglądaliście pod piankę? Znalazłem wyjątkowo przezroczyste ochraniacze z przodu i z tyłu oraz kilka wilgotnych i suchych chusteczek. Zainstalowano jeden zestaw ochraniaczy przód/tył.

Mam problem / problem, który inni mogą potwierdzić. Kiedy podłączam go do mojego Samsunga Tab S6 (nie ma gniazda 3,5 mm), wydaje mi się, że analogowy dźwięk jest wysyłany do E44. Teraz wysłuchaj mnie i pomyśl o tym logicznie.

Zwiększanie / zmniejszanie głośności Tab S6 zwiększa i zmniejsza głośność przechodząc do E44. Rocker głośności E44 zwiększa i zmniejsza głośność ponownie, jak podwójne wzmocnienie.

Więc jeśli zmaksymalizuję głośność na Tab S6, mogę również zwiększyć głośność za pomocą regulatora głośności E44. To jest moje zmartwienie. Jeśli Tab S6 przechodził cyfrowo do E44, to regulacja głośności S6 powinna albo nie działać, albo powinna kontrolować głośność E44 bezpośrednio lub przynajmniej w tandemie. W Tab S6 dźwięk cyfrowy jest konwertowany na analogowy przed wzmocnieniem, w przeciwnym razie jak można by zwiększyć/zmniejszyć głośność niezależnie od E44. Dźwięk analogowy przechodzi przez USB C do E44. Ponieważ E44 otrzymuje dźwięk analogowy, jego wewnętrzny DAC nic nie robi. W grę wchodzi tylko wzmacniacz E44, który wzmacnia dźwięk po raz drugi. Tak, C43131 jest zdolny do prostego wzmocnienia analogowego.

Na karcie S6 wszedłem w opcje programisty i włączyłem debugowanie USB. Nie mogłem znaleźć żadnego ustawienia dla OTG. Uważam, że problemem jest tutaj OTG.

Na stronie Linsoul znajdują się instrukcje dla Sonata HD Pro, która również używa stanów C43131 DAC dla Androida, aby „włączyć „funkcję OTG” i „tryb debugowania USB”. Nie mogłem znaleźć żadnych instrukcji dla E44, ale zakładam, że musisz zrobić to samo.

Nie zrozumcie mnie źle, wzmocnienie E44 brzmi dobrze, ale fajnie byłoby wysłać go cyfrowo i pozwolić C43131 wykonać swoją pracę.

Może ktoś da mi wskazówkę na temat ustawienia OTG lub dokładnie sprawdzi moją logikę. Normalnie nie wzmacniasz sygnału cyfrowego, jedynki i zera powinny pozostać jedynkami i zerami, wzmacniany może być tylko dźwięk analogowy.
I have a USB Audio Player Pro application on my phone that bypasses the phone and transfers music files in an unchanged digital form to the dongle, allowing me to use 2 x cs43131. The bit-perfect function must be enabled in the application settings

Dec 13, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #41 of 173
Dec 14, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #42 of 173
Hello guys
I purchased tempotec sonata e44 and from 2 days I'm trying to connect it to both pc and Android phone but it's not recognised as a USB device. Tried almost everything, unistall/reinstall the driver, firmware but it keep saying that usb device is not recognised. Did I get a brick?

Jan 24, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #43 of 173
Is anyone else having issues with Spotify on Windows or macOS? I can't find a driver that doesn't produce clipping/drop outs with heavy bass lines, and I reproduced it across multiple systems and multiple installations and operating systems.

This is also the second Sonata E44 I've had with this problem. Does this device just have too many issues with power delivery, a software issue they can correct, or is this a DAC quirk?

Their official store on AliExpress is also an incredible pain to deal with, trying to avoid an official return or dispute via the platform. Once they got what they wanted from my first order, they blocked me despite the return having only just been sent, and another item on the way.

It's rare for me to put this forward, but sadly this company seems to be a bit of a scam and I can't recommend them to anyone as a result.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #44 of 173
Ok so I think I've identified the problem with the E44: digital clipping in certain sections of the 30-45 Hz range seems to causing the DAC to stop outputting audio momentarily.

You can test it with tone bursts here to confirm: https://www.audiocheck.net/testtones_sinebursts20-200.php

I am getting drop outs with 30Hz and 42Hz only, with 100% success rate, though the 30Hz tone disrupts audio completely while the 42Hz tries to struggle along with only a shorter drop.

For any audio you use that is pushing the level to - or possibly close to - 0 dB, this is issue will occur at these frequencies. I have no idea how wide spread this issue is, but I assume it's resolvable via firmware or driver update, if Tempotec are willing to investigate.

Jan 29, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #45 of 173

Users who are viewing this thread

Back