Tell it.. how much time do you spend here ... (on Head-fi)
Jun 16, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #16 of 31
Far more than I should....

<-----------
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Jun 16, 2005 at 8:24 AM Post #17 of 31
I usually spend 5-6 hours a night average(I'm a nocturnal freak), although I am about to tune that down, as I am starting a sequel to my first major novel. In additon to that, I'll finally get some Verizon DSL with wireless routing so I won't have to be up all hours of the night with an uninterrupted dial up connection.
Oh well, at least I enjoy the time I spend at HeadFi, as can be seen by my rapidly growing post count. When I hit 1500, I'll consider taking a break for a while, but we'll see what happens. Now that I got my SA1000's and have a Chaintech AV710 finally on the way, I get the feeling I might not though.
Good times!
biggrin.gif
Abe

Jun 16, 2005 at 8:57 AM Post #18 of 31
so.. as i expected it turns out head-fi is really a virtual place composed by that strange complex of things that make it become addictive / incredibly addictive / close to dependent ; and it acts on many ages / different kind of person too

[size=xx-small]and.."welcome to head-fi sorry about your life / spare time " are quite right and quite appropriated as sponsor of ths virtual happening
[/size]

Jun 16, 2005 at 9:04 AM Post #19 of 31
indeed, every time i open firefox, head-fi pops up, and usually i open a new tab to go to a diff site :p

Jun 16, 2005 at 9:06 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
indeed, every time i open firefox, head-fi pops up, and usually i open a new tab to go to a diff site :p

Same here. I usually spend 5-6 hours a day here.

Jun 16, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #23 of 31
Used to spend quite a lot of time here but these days I don't seem to have anything to contribute (mainly due to ongoing tooth pain) so I guesstimate I spend maybe 2 minutes per day responding to posts like this.

If I've got anything useful to contribute it can take hours / weeks / months of my time (In some cases "years") If I receive another X-Can related e-mail I think I'll explode!

These days I'm more of a minute man than an hour man...... how often do I log in? 24/7/365.

Mike.

Jun 18, 2005 at 11:24 AM Post #25 of 31
My biggest interest was NOS 12/6SN7 tubes in Singlepower amps. Now that I have listened to all the well known ones (almost), I have cooled down considerably in posting and reading. But I do stay logged on for most of the day
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2005 at 11:28 AM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I don't seem to have anything to contribute (mainly due to ongoing tooth pain)

I'm not the Marathon Man or anything, Pink, but the tooth pain reading was remarkably refreshing and reminded me to not go to the dentist. I for one would like to see pictures of the yellow bear showing up at various high profile events...you know, the yellow bear gets passed around at live8, maybe in Paris Hilton's boudoir

Jun 19, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
all day at work? it's always running on my screen minimized. i pop in 'tween window hits and program runs.
Quote:

Originally Posted by canloader
Absolutely !
Keeps ya grounded in between meetings..

Me, three
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2005 at 10:30 AM Post #30 of 31
Anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes a few times a week.

Although I did spend some time using search on a cartridge some time ago.

Typically hit the lounge, scan the thread titles, usually same old-same old stuff or young guy's concerns, hit the music forum, scan the thread titles, again usually same old-same old. That takes 30 seconds. I then move on.

If I spot something interesting or the username of a friend, I'll take the 5 minutes to read. But don't bother posting usually. I'll just call them on the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back