Tell it.. how much time do you spend here ... (on Head-fi)
Jun 15, 2005 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

boodi

Headphoneus Supremus
Well
I've become used to be on the hit and go lately , period ; to say I'm not always here if I refer to a period of time , it's proper to say I take some session , and I noted it is often when i search for something different or I need to get a new toy for my ears or to change something in my system - but it's quite probable I'll be not returning anxiously after toy has arrived if it makes me sufficiently happy ( on the other hands I admit head-fi is quite stimulant for a nice bag of reasons
600smile.gif
wink.gif
)
so ..
I pass periods in which i read the most ( as quite always to tell the truth ) and also post frequently - opposite I pass other periods in which I just chime in from time to time to see how's going in and to look what's changing in head-fi - and trust me, when getting in after a long time ( let's say more then a month - and it happened couple of time ) it can be kind of strange - I've expereinced : one time an incredible lot of new members posting hyping request and hyping posts about gears, another time the member's lounge was flat dead and I had difficulties in finding recurrent posting member posts around .. and eventually thought head-fi was slowly going to die ! what horror vacui ! but it passed

my longest period far from head-fi has been around 3/4 months probably ( maybe a bit more ) , period in which i was doing a different then ever kind of life and listened to music more rarely then my std.

my usual normal head-fi period is to get on forum sometimes a week ( I really don't have precise timing ), with peeks of 5+ hours a day when on free time while listening and for ex. musing on a new thing to get , or while appreciating a newcome ; and bottoms of no hours a day ( just doing something else in my free time , usually going out - music and live remain my hot spot also out )

- strangely I'll report I much prefer my speakers on headphones when surfing head-fi lately, while one/two years ago I was always on headphones .. probably reason is the new desktop setup .. don't know to tell the truth why.

your turn .. now have you the courage admitting what amount of time do you waste on head-fi a day
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
?

etysmile.gif

[size=xx-small]today I spent around 8 hrs. on and off head-fi , more on then off really [/size]

Jun 15, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 31
all day at work? it's always running on my screen minimized. i pop in 'tween window hits and program runs.

Jun 15, 2005 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 31
I usually check in here at a minimum 4 to 5 times a day at one hour intervals, longer than hour if there's some interesting read. About the only time I don't login is during weekends and holidays, on those days I spend my time outside enjoying the weather and spending time with friends and family.

Jun 15, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #5 of 31
I usually come on in the morning before I go to work, and then for a while when I get home. So it totals to about 2-3 hours a day. And weekends are usually my time off from here
icon10.gif

Jun 15, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #6 of 31
When I'm off from school and have nothing going on, 5-8 hrs. Of course, I am usually doing about three things at once. There was one day, though, I think I hit 12-14 hrs. Thanks to Firefox's tabbed browsing, I can do all manner of things while dealing with HF matters.

When school is on, 1-3 hrs.

Jun 15, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #7 of 31
I'm always looking...especially at the for sale and trade forum. Anyways this site is a great way to pass time. I think Head-fi has single-handidly saved this summer.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
j/k

Jun 15, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #9 of 31
I usually keep Head-Fi open in a Firefox tab when I'm on-line and check for new posts as a break from whatever else I need to be doing.

Learned early on that this site is truly the Black Hole of Time. It's easy for me to check in for a couple of minutes and lose an hour or more before I realize what's happening.

Sorry about your schedule.
smily_headphones1.gif

BW

Jun 15, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
Sorry about your schedule.
smily_headphones1.gif

BW

Heh, a new twist on the old saying - I like it! Actually, it would be even more accurate to say: "Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your life."
eek.gif

I spend a good deal of time here myself. Often I keep a dedicated head-fi browser window open at work (minimized as much as possible
wink.gif
). Some days I'm busy and don't get to check up on stuff much, but on others I spend far too much time browsing the forums.

Jun 15, 2005 at 10:49 PM Post #11 of 31
Myself, I get home from work about 7:15 am. Usually here til about 8:45... leave and come back home, usually peek in and catch up with all the new posts in Music/Heaphones/General Discussion. I used to only be on Headphones, but GD and music are sooo good, I rarely check out headphones anymore. I keep wanting to sell my 80's and upgrado to 225's, but the more I'm here, I keep looking at the new UE's and Shure's, "250$ isn't bad, not bad at all". Three weeks ago, I was thinking of selling some 80's to buy some USED 225's, now its "250 isn't bad." And I've been here well over a year (lurked for a while).

I work thirds @ USPS, so no iNet there. I sleep some, but usually have at least one head-fi tab up in firefox... usually 2-3. All in all, about 4 hours out of the day is spent here. SOOO much better than sleep!

**BRENT**

Jun 16, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #13 of 31
Go's like this - Arrive home at 6ish, cup of tea & a ciggy, usually fall asleep untill 8:30, fire up PC, check gmail, log in here, PC on untill 1 - 2am weekdays, Head-Fi window open prety much constantly!
eek.gif
Perhaps i spend far too much time here!
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2005 at 1:23 AM Post #14 of 31
I on Head-Fi whenever I'm at work. In the past few weeks, I've tried not to check it at home whenever I needed to study (but wasn't 100% successful). Now that I'm done with finals, I'll probably be back on Head-Fi a bit more often now.

Jun 16, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
all day at work? it's always running on my screen minimized. i pop in 'tween window hits and program runs.

Absolutely !
Keeps ya grounded in between meetings..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back