Tekton Design Speakers
Jan 8, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #91 of 144
This. Received my speakers in August. Received my grills in December. After multiple emails and at least 4 phone calls. And they don’t fit correctly as the bottom sides of the frame sit against the metal woofer ring, not flush against the cabinet. Speakers sound good though.

Edit: and mine were listed as in stock when I bought them.

Oh my.... I feel sorry for you. I am not going to order, this is very helpful.

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #92 of 144
Oh my.... I feel sorry for you. I am not going to order, this is very helpful.

The wait was annoying. But the fit is down right maddening. A simple test fitting at the shop would’ve shown this. Quick router job would likely fix if I get around to it. I really do like the speakers though. And Eric the owner actually answers the phone. I think he has a lot of business now and not a lot of staff.

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #93 of 144
The wait was annoying. But the fit is down right maddening. A simple test fitting at the shop would’ve shown this. Quick router job would likely fix if I get around to it. I really do like the speakers though. And Eric the owner actually answers the phone. I think he has a lot of business now and not a lot of staff.

That tells me a lot about the quality control at Tekton. :)

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #95 of 144
That tells you nothing about the speakers. From what I've seen, the quality control of the speakers themselves is very high.
Exactly, I didn't say about the speaker, I said about the quality control if you read it right.

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #97 of 144
But quality control applies to everything, including (actually, especially) the speakers.
Sure :). I understand you. I will stop here, I have other important business to do. :)

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #98 of 144

I got the PMD Studio Monitors today. They are interesting little speakers that I will have fun playing with over the next several weeks. I hooked them to some old Levinson and Triode Labs gear that I had on hand. Awesome midrange on them, and surprising bass response, so far. May post a video later.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #99 of 144
I got the PMD Studio Monitors today. They are interesting little speakers that I will have fun playing with over the next several weeks. I hooked them to some old Levinson and Triode Labs gear that I had on hand. Awesome midrange on them, and surprising bass response, so far. May post a video later.

I look forward to it with great interest! (As well as your continued impressions.)

If you can take photos of every angle of the speakers, that would also be great.

Do you think the wait period will be over a month for anyone who orders these?

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #100 of 144

So you just have some old Levinson and Triode Labs stuff just laying around? LOL! Very nice!
Do you have any thoughts on whether the PMD's would be a good nearfield speaker on a Large desktop? I'm in the market for an upgrade to my LS50's

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #101 of 144
These are great for nearfield use, but they are 45 pounds each. You would need a large desk. They sound real nice on just a couple watts output from the Triode Labs 2A3 amp that is powering them.

These took about six weeks to build and ship. Tekton is slammed with orders right now. They have the gloss black finish on them.

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #102 of 144
These are great for nearfield use, but they are 45 pounds each.

That's heavier than my floorstanding speakers! :scream_cat:

This gives me even greater reason to seek out high quality stands. Which ones do you use?

Do you know anything else about the speakers, such as impedance and sensitivity? I'd assume it's 4 ohms and ~99 dB. (Like the Ulfberht and Double Impact.)

Jan 12, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #103 of 144
These are great for nearfield use, but they are 45 pounds each. You would need a large desk. They sound real nice on just a couple watts output from the Triode Labs 2A3 amp that is powering them.

Could you describe your layout? Are they in near field?
I would really like to hear how they would sound on a large desktop.

Jan 12, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #104 of 144
Right now, they are on some generic Pangea stands that I got from Amazon. I will probably get some larger stands for them because they are so heavy and the speakers are quite wide. Don't want them to fall off.
This setup is in a small bedroom, with the speakers located a few feet away from the bed and equipment racks.
The only spec I have for these is that they are 4ohm. They work fine with the 4ohm tap on the amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back