Tekton Design Speakers
Apr 16, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #16 of 144
Thanks.

I am looking into Soundocity outriggers. Waiting to hear back from Paul.

Do you have them in-system or are you waiting on yours?

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #18 of 144
  Thanks.

I am looking into Soundocity outriggers. Waiting to hear back from Paul.

Do you have them in-system or are you waiting on yours?

Thanks for the pic. I've been wondering whether my speakers would have grill mounts or not as I'm not buying them with grills and some of the pictures I've looked at have been a little unclear. Did you order grills? 

The grilled pictures of the Philharmonic Audio Three speakers look some nice. Nicer than the big, flat, black rectangle this Tekton grill would turn into... Maybe I'll see if I can order mine without grill holes, I'm not a fan. 

And the Soundocity Outriggers, I also emailed Paul and heard back. I haven't placed the order yet as I won't be back in America until ~October, so I'll pick them up on my way through. There seemed to have been a couple other outriggers on the market over the past 10 years, but the Soundocity ones now seem to be the easiest to buy. I hope they've got a nicely applied and crisp black powder coat on them so that they jive with the driver rings. 

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #19 of 144
  Thanks for the pic. I've been wondering whether my speakers would have grill mounts or not as I'm not buying them with grills and some of the pictures I've looked at have been a little unclear. Did you order grills? 

The grilled pictures of the Philharmonic Audio Three speakers look some nice. Nicer than the big, flat, black rectangle this Tekton grill would turn into... Maybe I'll see if I can order mine without grill holes, I'm not a fan. 

And the Soundocity Outriggers, I also emailed Paul and heard back. I haven't placed the order yet as I won't be back in America until ~October, so I'll pick them up on my way through. There seemed to have been a couple other outriggers on the market over the past 10 years, but the Soundocity ones now seem to be the easiest to buy. I hope they've got a nicely applied and crisp black powder coat on them so that they jive with the driver rings. 

Ben,

I never use grills, but my little guy has dimpled two drivers (other speakers) with his fingers. No damage, but I can only imagine what that fork will do.

So I did order the grills, but they are MIA...guess it takes Eric some time to get them out.

I wish I had taken the risk and not gone with the grills, and therefore had no grill holes on the speaker. I'm assuming that Eric does offer without the grill holes, since all of his photos onsite are without the grill holes.

Having said that, I can also say that the grill holes are small and don't really stand out, to my eyes...if that's any reassurance. 

BUT why mess up that BMW M3 Blue.....  : )

I did hear back from Paul at Soundocity. I'm still mulling over whether to go with his outriggers.

Jun 21, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #20 of 144
After months of enjoying the Double Impacts, I decided to upgrade to Tekton's ultimate speaker, the Ulfberht. These things are monsters, roughly the size of coffins. But the sound is glorious, easily the most natural-sounding speaker that I have come across. Instruments have proper tone to them, rather than the synthetic sound that alot of speakers produce. Taut bass and ethereal midrange. They use 15 Scanspeak tweeters to produce the magical midrange,and 4 mid-woofers plus 2 12" woofers to handle the bass. Definitely a reference-grade speaker.

Jun 21, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #21 of 144
After months of enjoying the Double Impacts, I decided to upgrade to Tekton's ultimate speaker, the Ulfberht. These things are monsters, roughly the size of coffins. But the sound is glorious, easily the most natural-sounding speaker that I have come across. Instruments have proper tone to them, rather than the synthetic sound that alot of speakers produce. Taut bass and ethereal midrange. They use 15 Scanspeak tweeters to produce the magical midrange,and 4 mid-woofers plus 2 12" woofers to handle the bass. Definitely a reference-grade speaker.

Wow, look very intimidating, any pictures of the setup?

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #23 of 144
Wow everyone going bigger. The Impact Monitor bookshelf speaker is on my short list for the future.. high sensitivity would let me try it with any amp including the firstwatt f7 in my closet

Jun 27, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #24 of 144
Wow everyone going bigger. The Impact Monitor bookshelf speaker is on my short list for the future.. high sensitivity would let me try it with any amp including the firstwatt f7 in my closet
Over on the 'gon Double Impact thread, the DIs are being used and loved by many owners direct from a LTA MicroZOTL2-S, which puts out 1W.

Those Ulfberhts look like the ticket, though. 6ft. tall, 180lbs, 300 drivers. Bliss.

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #25 of 144
I don't have any pics of the setup, but the speakers are over six feet tall. 15 tweeters per channel!

Have you gotten a chance to take any pictures yet, Jeff? Due to some delays on my end, there's no more chance for an August purchase of the DIs, so a February purchase of the Ulfberhts is now on my radar :-D

I've been following the A'gon thread, but posting pictures there totally sucks, so I was hoping you might do so here.

One thing I'm curious about is the paint/finish and the craftsmanship of the Ulfberhts vs. the DIs. What can you fill me in on there? IMO, the DIs look pretty bland and have reasonable craftsmanship, but for 4x the price, I'm hoping the Ulfberhts are something special.

Oh, did you get grills with the Ulfberhts? I'll need to get grills and I wonder how they attach; are they via pegs or magnets? If you had a choice, what would you recommend for grill attachment style?

Thanks man :)

Aug 6, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #26 of 144
IMG_8010.JPG
I just unboxed my Impacts. Seem very well made. A bit bigger than I expected. Which is awesome. Tekton told me they are a few weeks behind on grills. Now my Schiit Vidar needs to hurry up and arrive.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #27 of 144
Very nice, please share impressions when you get a chance. What's your room size?

Aug 6, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #28 of 144
Very nice, please share impressions when you get a chance. What's your room size?

Roughly 15'x15'. Still finishing out the space. Will share when I get set up.

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #29 of 144
I can't believe the tekton dude is still taking months to make his customers paid for grills.. this was a complaint people had like 3 years ago when I read the first tekton thread on some other forum

Aug 7, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #30 of 144
I can't believe the tekton dude is still taking months to make his customers paid for grills.. this was a complaint people had like 3 years ago when I read the first tekton thread on some other forum

Yes. Annoying. But thankfully my kids are old enough not to touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back