techno?
Aug 1, 2002 at 3:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Tina

100+ Head-Fier
i'm not really a fun of this genre before but i borrowed my younger brother's cd's last night: prodigy and chemical brothers. when i listened to them, i was totally blown and enjoyed the sensation on my d22sl. so here goes. i think i'm gonna grab some cd's and would ask for your recommendations on these kinds of artists. i also thought these are pretty tight music for burning in cans and while working on my desk. now i'll have some alternative to my nine inch nails cds.

Aug 1, 2002 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 8
Off the top of my head, you should really enjoy:

The Crystal Method "Vegas" (Outpost)
DJ John Kelly "Funky Desert Breaks Vol 1 and 2" (Moonshine)

Aug 1, 2002 at 4:28 AM Post #3 of 8
Fatboy Slim- Better living Through Chemistry
Global Underground GU017- Nick Warren Amsterdam
Misstress Barbara- Relentless Beats vol. 1
Fabric 5 - pure science
Timo Maas - Loud
Stanton Warriors - the stanton sessions
Jody W - Way Out There

this represents a range of electronic dance music from funky (fatboy slim) to real techno (misstress barbara) and a few others in-between.
All good stuff, and plenty more where that came from!
cool.gif

Aug 1, 2002 at 12:55 PM Post #4 of 8
Check out artists like Squarepusher, Aphex Twin, and Boards of Canada. A few recommendations for each:

Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy
Aphex Twin - Windowlicker
Squarepusher - My Red Hot Car
Squarepusher - Come on my Selector
Boards of Canada - In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country
Boards of Canada - Aquarius

Aug 1, 2002 at 1:06 PM Post #5 of 8
cool recommendations there everyone. appreciate it. i'm downloading a few of their songs at this moment to see which discs i'll get. hmmmm....maybe i'll get all of them
biggrin.gif
if the wind blows south. i'll let you in on my preferences later. thanx again.

Aug 2, 2002 at 10:05 AM Post #7 of 8
Anyone heard of the Armageddon Dildos? I'm not kidding. They are a German techno band. They did the sound track to an indie film called "Fun."
I got two of their cds(bought on a whim) and if anyone is interested, I could pass em along. If not, off to the Mystery Box they go!
md

Aug 5, 2002 at 10:18 AM Post #8 of 8
i liked almost all those artists you all recommended (especially the speedy unrepetetive mixes). in fact i tried to get all of em but the only ones available here in korea are prodigy, crystal method, fatboy slim and chemical brothers. thanks to all of you.

p.s. too much volume on this music makes me sleepy. weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back