Type
For Sale
Currency
USD
Price
Jun 5, 2015 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

KurtW

500+ Head-Fier
For Sale is a used vintage Semi-Automatic (arm returns at the end of play) Technics SL-D202 turntable with Grado FTE+1 elliptical cartridge.  It is in very good working condition and fair to good cosmetic condition.  The turntable holds speed very well and the cartridge sounds good and has been properly mounted, and tracks at 1.0 gram.  The dustcover hinges are working but the dustcover has the usual scratches.  There is a crack in the base on the left side, and a dent on the right corner.  There is a slight stain on the record mat that doesn't affect play.  This model has a convenient cueing control outside of the dustcover, and speed adjustment controls.  One problem with vintage turntables is the power supply may fail due to an aging electrolytic capacitor, and that can also damage hard to find Integrated Circuits when it goes bad, making it a very expensive repair.  I have replaced this capacitor with a high quality new unit, so it should last for many decades more.  I also lubricated the motor and replaced the RCA phono plugs with high quality gold plated ones.  I would prefer a local pickup but can carefully pack it for shipping, which will be paid for by the buyer.  I can send more pictures if interested, including a couple of videos of it in action.  I am moving so I need to reduce my turntable stable and I'm looking for a fairly quick sale.  This is a very nice sounding turntable at a excellent price due to the cosmetic issues listed above.   

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread