Technics RP-FDA100 on the market now?
Sep 5, 2001 at 12:54 AM Post #17 of 22
redwood[/b[

Quote:

100 kHz tweeters???

What's that supposed to do? attract dolphins?

LOL
biggrin.gif
, I think it also can be used to make dogs or other pests run away too...

BTW, Does anyone knows about the effect of ultrasonics to humans?

Sep 5, 2001 at 1:06 AM Post #18 of 22
This headphone is interesting...because it IS being sold at some stores...yet there is like ZERO reports on it. Can't someone abuse the return policy at jandr? Heh...jk!

I mean it can't be hard to return...just tell them you blew a 100khz tweeter...plug it into your CD player and say "listen can't you hear...a totally distorted 100khz signal!"

Reason for return "Pet dog did not like it"

Sep 5, 2001 at 1:14 AM Post #19 of 22
i've seen them on sale at J&R for quite a while, but the wall of headphones never works properly there. from what i've seen, the construction looks really cheap. feels like a toy.

Sep 5, 2001 at 9:22 AM Post #20 of 22
this here is a reason to buy a corda analoguer. I can do without 100,000Hz soundwaves, thank you!

So...I guess this would be the headset for the troklian grand emperor or something? Then again, taking skippy's comments into consideration, maybe these were made by fisher price. But even more important is figuring out why Jude insists on using beatnik slang from the 50's!
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2001 at 2:27 AM Post #21 of 22
Those headphones seems to have been "designed for DVD audio". If you look at the following page, it seems panasonic quotes the frequency response of their "DVD-Audio-Ready" stuff at -16dB.

http://www.panasonic.sk/dvd_player/ready/

For instance, their SB-M800 speakers are "3-Way, 5-Speaker Technics D.D.D. (Dual Dynamic Drive)", having a "Super Graphite dome tweeter achieves high frequency extension up to 100kHz (-16dB)". All sounds very exciting, don't you think
rolleyes.gif

So i think it's safe to assume the 3Hz-100kHz (!!!) for those cans is at -16dB as well.

Oh, BTW, I asked members of the Troklian star fleet council, and their hearing is receptive to frequencies of 0.2Hz - 250kHz (-102dB)
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back