Technics RP-F800
Jun 21, 2002 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

purk

Headphoneus Supremus
Guys,
Hi-Fi choice:
http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_read.asp?ID=489

". Technics RP-F800

Positioned in the competitive sub-£50 category, the Technics RP-F800 is the smallest headphone in this group. But don't let this fool you. It may be the compact but this little firecracker boasts a powerful punch to ward off potential bullies.

Built to the usual Technics standard, this model features a single bar headband, which can be manually positioned. Adorned in a sleek black livery, the ear-pieces are dressed in a tough cloth and integrate 40mm drive units.

Mixing balance and poise, the design is joyfully traditional and functional. For both long- and short-term usage, the RP-F800 is great to wear. The experience is pleasant, with the only shortcoming being the lack of full ear enclosure from the relatively small capsules. It includes a three metre lead, a 3.5mm jack plug and 6.3mm adapter.

Sound Quality

Stunning, was my reaction when first hearing the F800's first performance. No matter what your musical preferences, the RP-F800 is a consummate gentlemen with them all. Bass, treble and mid-range work effortlessly together to generate a rich and sensational
listening experience. The soundstage and environment created is second to none. From jazz to hip-hop, the results were surprisingly positive with the phones passing the examination with full colours. Particularly impressive was its treatment of bass-driven material such as Cyprus Hill's Insane In The Membrane.

Technics is to be congratulated for this tasty design - not only has it a sound to die for, but it also has a commendable tariff to boot. In fact, when I originally saw the price tag, I thought they'd made a mistake
==============================================

do u know where can I get these!!! Hi-Fi gives them 5 stars and a recommend product!!!

Jun 21, 2002 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 16
You won't be able to obtain a pair in North America. I think only European retailers carry this particular model and they rarely, if ever, ship outside to international customers.

Jun 21, 2002 at 11:07 AM Post #3 of 16
The RP-F880, which can be found on the german technics-site, also looks interesting - list price is ~ 85 Euro, but I haven't found it in a shop, yet. Could be some interesting competition for the HP890 and the DT531...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Jun 22, 2002 at 1:51 PM Post #4 of 16
I'm also looking for some of these, and I'm having trouble finding them, and thats in England. I can find plenty of the lower models though
mad.gif

Jun 22, 2002 at 2:05 PM Post #5 of 16
Not available via Japan, either. I tried. Seems to be a Euro-only model.

Jun 22, 2002 at 3:50 PM Post #6 of 16
Guys,
These seem to be an excellent phone in it price range. Maybe even better than the v6, Sr-60, and Sr-80. I really wish we could buy these!!!
confused.gif

Jun 22, 2002 at 8:46 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by pbirkett
I'm also looking for some of these, and I'm having trouble finding them, and thats in England. I can find plenty of the lower models though
mad.gif

They can be found in the UK at this webpage for £39.95 (€60) or at Total Panasonic for over 50% more cash
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Jun 23, 2002 at 1:35 AM Post #8 of 16
Duncan,
How much is it in dollars? Around 100? I don't know the conversion b/w the two currency (is it 1.6?) thanks. If it is 100...quite pricey.

purk

Jun 23, 2002 at 8:00 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by purk
Duncan,
How much is it in dollars? Around 100? I don't know the conversion b/w the two currency (is it 1.6?) thanks. If it is 100...quite pricey.

purk

£40 = $55 (1.4)
£63 = $88 (1.4)

those prices are approximate, but we always get +/- 1.4 $ to the £

Jun 23, 2002 at 11:58 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan

They can be found in the UK at this webpage for £39.95 (€60) or at Total Panasonic for over 50% more cash
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Cheers Dunc, I think I might order some of these, as I have heard lukewarm things about the Philips HP890s despite their good looks, and these are cheaper.

Wonder if anyone here has a pair?

Jun 24, 2002 at 5:33 AM Post #11 of 16
Duncan,
What's the deal with prices? which is the actual price? 55 or 88? Can someone explain. Sorry if i didn't read the post more clearly.

Purk

Jun 24, 2002 at 5:46 AM Post #12 of 16
Purk,

There are two links in my original post, one that has them for $55, or if they are out of stock, the second link has them for the higher cost...

Thanks

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #13 of 16
Holy thread necro!~!

I've grown very fond of my pair of HP-F800's over the years but they're now showing their age. So I was wondering, is there a replacement model for these from Technics (or Panasonic as they're branded now)?

I've looked but could not find anything with the same design (very comfortable), ear pads and frequency response.

If there's nothing to replace these from Technics/Panasonic, what would you recommend as a direct replacement product of another brand?

Many thanks!

Dec 13, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #14 of 16
Anyone? Pretty please... :D

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #15 of 16
Any idea if the Technics DJ1200 are any similar to these (RP-F800) in sound and feel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back