Technical problems with Little Dot Mk9 - intermittent noises
Jan 7, 2018 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sebhoff

New Head-Fier
Hi forum!
I'm having some technical issues with my Little Dot Mk9 - bought in 2013 - and I hope this is the right forum.
For some time, I have been hearing intermittent noises that happen independent of the volume settings - and on both channels. Sometimes it can get quite loud (loud enough to be clearly heard during music) and sometimes it is very faint. Since it's difficult to describe this, I placed a Zoom recorder close to the headphones and tried to record the noise - it's faint, but one should be able to hear it:
http://corpora.lancs.ac.uk/trier/STE-026.mp3
I've been in contact with David from Little Dot, and he suggested (as the log-files show, without listening to the recording behind the link) I send the amp in for diagnostics & repair. However, given that this will set me back at least 60€ (and this via a method that I've been explicitly discouraged from using), I would really only want to do it if there's no other way.

Are there any experienced people here on the forum that could offer some advice? Does the noise tell you anything that allows you to assess whether it really needs to be sent to China?

Feedback would be much appreciated!
Sebastian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back