[TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available September
Jan 27, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #631 of 677
Responding to this question:

I really, really liked them initially. It was exactly what I was looking for. It has a warm, lush and full sound just like how Piotr described to me.

But, IN MY CASE, I think I liked them more when I first got them.
Sometimes I feel the bass is too pronounced or there is just some lack of "airiness" to the sound signature.
Maybe I'm just changing my "basshead" self into a more neutral and "cleaner" sound signature.

Don't get me wrong: it's a fantastic IEM and it completely serves the purpose it was intended for.
I still do use them on a regular basis. But one thing to keep in mind is that I feel it tends more to the bassy, intimate side of things.

I'm sure after all the reviews that were posted here, you already have an idea as to what to expect from this IEM.
I can guarantee you won't be disappointed if this sound signature is to your liking.

Also, PLEASE H8P+. 
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #632 of 677
My initial impressions were of ‘wth’ (what the hell), the bass was very much pronounced and very thuddy, from around 100hz to around 300hz there are spikes and valleys that I found worrying.  So candidly I went back to my triple.fi10s and put the ei.xx aside for a proper burnin, I am a believer of a proper ‘burnin’, lol.

As the days went by the sound settled down, the overly pronounced bass settled down, the mids rose up from the deep and presented a lush organic sound, the highs appeared without any sibilance or overly tinging sound that plague most IEMs.  Please note these IEMs are colored, they are not neutral, they have a sort of a W sound, the sub-bass rumble is there, as is the eardrum rattle of around 70hz is there and you will be very aware of it.  If you are a basshead, this is where it’s at, clear articulated bass without the bloat of an artificially conveyed lower octave.  The mids are more ‘neutral’ with slight emphasis in the lower mids that at times seem artificial but overall, very pleasant and smooth.  The highs have a slight peak in the mid high section but without any glare.  The soundstage is wide, but there is an intimate feel, it is not as wide and airy as say an ER4 can deliver, but doesn’t have that any of the thin cold sounding upper midrange of said ER4.  Compared to my triple.fi10s, there is an improvement across the board, included are audible rumbles down into the sub-bass realms that you will feel. 

This not to state the ER4, nor the triple.fi10s are in any way that much worse, as they are brilliant in their own right.  The ei.xx stand apart uniquely with their sub-bass configuration that is a joy to listen to.  I am not a basshead, but im coming around slowly. The ei.xx eims are brilliant and I do recommend them highly.  Kudos to Piotr and his crew.

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #633 of 677

To current owners; are you still enjoying Ei.XX after the 3 or so months that you have owned them? I often find monitors that 'wow' on first listen can become tiresome after a while, whereas others that are initially a bit 'meh' stand up to extended listening a bit better...

if they lost their "wow" affect, you would have seen some for sale right?

i know this CIEM rocks, but wow man , no one sold his/her yet? didn't see any Ei.XX for sale. thats says something i guess :D

i couldn't bring myself to sell it to fund any new project, its a very very good CIEM. i sold my LCD-2 Fazor, and kept the CA Ei.XX. 

i have two CIEMs, if i ever going to add any, its the Harmony 8 Pro or any new CIEM from the custom art. 

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #634 of 677
  if they lost their "wow" affect, you would have seen some for sale right?

i know this CIEM rocks, but wow man , no one sold his/her yet? didn't see any Ei.XX for sale. thats says something i guess :D

i couldn't bring myself to sell it to fund any new project, its a very very good CIEM. i sold my LCD-2 Fazor, and kept the CA Ei.XX. 

i have two CIEMs, if i ever going to add any, its the Harmony 8 Pro or any new CIEM from the custom art. 

Ive just joined the drop in what will be my first set of customs cant wait,also just bought the Aurisonic ASG 2.5 which I love,going by some impressions they are more alike than different!

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #635 of 677
Thanks for the impressions. I am looking for a v-ish monitor to complement to my more neutral CIEMs. I just don't want the mids to slide into a valley or be swallowed by midbass! Ei.XX seems like a potential candidate...

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #636 of 677
I really love mine... but.... I kinda love my Music Two just a bit more. Not because they sound particularly better but because they just sound so enjoyable and are definitely the more comfortable pair. Otherwise, when I really wanna be treated to something special, the Ei.XX. But for long listening, the M2. 

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #637 of 677
Thanks for the impressions. I am looking for a v-ish monitor to complement to my more neutral CIEMs. I just don't want the mids to slide into a valley or be swallowed by midbass! Ei.XX seems like a potential candidate...

Not so convinced on the V sound sig... Even though the bass is pronounced, I feel that the highs are very mellow and tamed. 

Just a quick comment: I sold my V-Moda M100. I loved them because of the bass and it was one of my favorite headphones for a long time. Now I'm feeling that it was just TOO much bass. For some genres it's ok, but I couldn't stand them with other genres. The Ei.XX are my new "basshead" IEMs :D

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #638 of 677
I'm going to start this post off by saying " I'm not a cable kinda guy " ....  but...  when I first got my pair the bass was just a little too thick on some songs...  some songs I couldn't even listen to... like the Tron movie score... just way way too much bottom end...  then I looked into the Linum cable and decided they didn't cost that much and wanted to see what they did to the sound....  so I put them on the pair and wow...
it really really changed my set...  they smoothed out perfect...   so... its worth a try for you ...    I liked them enough that I went ahead and got the balanced set of Linum cables and a converter plug...   

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #639 of 677
  I'm going to start this post off by saying " I'm not a cable kinda guy " ....  but...  when I first got my pair the bass was just a little too thick on some songs...  some songs I couldn't even listen to... like the Tron movie score... just way way too much bottom end...  then I looked into the Linum cable and decided they didn't cost that much and wanted to see what they did to the sound....  so I put them on the pair and wow...
it really really changed my set...  they smoothed out perfect...   so... its worth a try for you ...    I liked them enough that I went ahead and got the balanced set of Linum cables and a converter plug...   

Exactly!  Cable upgrade doesn't work the same with every pair of IEMs.  It's not a magic potion.  But in case of Ei.xx it worth EVERY penny to upgrade to Linum cable which brings up the BEST in Ei.xx.

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #641 of 677
Does anyone have experience with the EI.XX and iPhone 6s pairing? I'm interested in this, but buying a DAP or portable DAC/Amp to pair with the EI.XX would be way way out of my budget

Feb 8, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #643 of 677
have anyone tryed Fiio X1 with the Ei.xx? i hope it wont be too warm for this CIEM O-o'' 

Feb 16, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #645 of 677
  For those interested there will be demo available for audition at Music Sanctuary booth a CanJam Singapore 2016. Demo will stay at Music Sanctuary shop after the show.

AWW YEAAA! Hopefully we'll get to meet you too. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back