[TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available September
Sep 23, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #346 of 677
So after spending the whole day with the Ei.xx here are some of my first impressions without getting into a full blown review.  My full review will come after I racked up a couple hundred hours with them.  First I would like to say thank you to Peter (Piotr I always call him Peter). First thing my ears noticed was how full and well rounded the bass was, including sub-bass. I reviewed the Ei.3 and I was very impressed with it's bass. The Ei.xx is on a whole different level, in just about every way. They do lean towards having a V sound signature the Higher frequencies are elevated and extend very well, probably the distance from Poland to the USA. Mids are well placed and detailed, compared to the Ei.3 they sound more upfront, the Ei.3 to me sounded overall warmer in the mids.

Ei.xx bass go deep, I don't no how Peter did it but the bass just has a really nice airy feel to it. One of the biggest differences between the Ei.3 and Ei.xx are the higher frequencies. The Ei.xx higher frequencies are very detailed. With the Ei.3 they are some what flatter sounding when comparing the 2. The Ei.xx sound great with just about everything listening to live rock n roll the kick drums sound tack sharp.  I enjoy listening to both of them and having both of them I can pick witch one I want to listen to depending on my mood. I will update in this thread when my full review is done I HOPE Peter adds another custom to the Ei. lineup. Sorry for all the pictures it's one of my new hobbies.

Sep 24, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #351 of 677
We need BT4.1 w/apt-x codec support wireless CIEMs. Piotr, are you up to a challenge? :wink:

Though, I would NEVER use CIEMs when working out. If your IEM wire gets caught, it will just yank the shell out of your ear. If you are wearing CIEM, it will either rip the wire off or will cause some ear damage :frowning2:

Sep 24, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #352 of 677
We need BT4.1 w/apt-x codec support wireless CIEMs. Piotr, are you up to a challenge?
wink.gif

Though, I would NEVER use CIEMs when working out. If your IEM wire gets caught, it will just yank the shell out of your ear. If you are wearing CIEM, it will either rip the wire off or will cause some ear damage
frown.gif

Bluetooth adapters are available everywhere now.. no? I wouldn't mind a 12inch linux cable to clip to the back of the neck.

I'm not doing any high impact movements/jumping/running with CIEMs.. no never.. strictly when lifting. 

I usually will throw on the Mee M6's during the intense stuff.. since I don't care about them.

Sep 24, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #353 of 677
  So after spending the whole day with the Ei.xx here are some of my first impressions without getting into a full blown review.  My full review will come after I racked up a couple hundred hours with them.  First I would like to say thank you to Peter (Piotr I always call him Peter). First thing my ears noticed was how full and well rounded the bass was, including sub-bass. I reviewed the Ei.3 and I was very impressed with it's bass. The Ei.xx is on a whole different level, in just about every way. They do lean towards having a V sound signature the Higher frequencies are elevated and extend very well, probably the distance from Poland to the USA. Mids are well placed and detailed, compared to the Ei.3 they sound more upfront, the Ei.3 to me sounded overall warmer in the mids.

Ei.xx bass go deep, I don't no how Peter did it but the bass just has a really nice airy feel to it. One of the biggest differences between the Ei.3 and Ei.xx are the higher frequencies. The Ei.xx higher frequencies are very detailed. With the Ei.3 they are some what flatter sounding when comparing the 2. The Ei.xx sound great with just about everything listening to live rock n roll the kick drums sound tack sharp.  I enjoy listening to both of them and having both of them I can pick witch one I want to listen to depending on my mood. I will update in this thread when my full review is done I HOPE Peter adds another custom to the Ei. lineup. Sorry for all the pictures it's one of my new hobbies.

Thank you!
Very tempting 
smile.gif

Is there a little touch of warmness on the mids?

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #355 of 677
Sep 24, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #356 of 677
Sep 24, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #357 of 677

They are smooth, detailed, organic, so yes - definitely sweet and lush!

the coloration make the sound fun too ha? :p  dang i can't wait xD

i used to have an SE535 LTD-J, was looking to get SE846, then i saw this, i am SO GLAD!! that i didn't go and get the 846 XD  

i love CIEMs <3 specially the Custom Art, which is clearly dominating the field now ^^  

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #358 of 677
I''m sorry to be bothering you again @piotrus-g, a different audicien nearby uses Egger A/soft. They say it is solid for 3 weeks.
Probably quite useless or not?
From a different topic I understood that Dreve Otoform A/k (green) has your preference, correct?
Otherwise I will try to let them buy the specific impression material for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back