Tears for You
Mar 30, 2004 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

Orpheus

Headphoneus Supremus
hi.

i am to meet the girl of my dreams tomorrow. (girl of my dreams = plays piano almost as good as a professional classical concert pianist, getting a PhD in bioinformatics?--some mathematics division from UCLA, and so beautiful my eyes weep whenever i meet her gaze. really.) unfortunately, i am probably going to have to say goodbye. we planned the meeting 2 days ago... and i just decided to give her a song as her present yesterday. so, after about a day and a half of work, here it is:

download: Tears for You

i know there are problems with the recording, most notably very high noise... but i don't have time to fix it. she's not an audiophile anyway. so, ...enjoy.

my ears are shot.... i've heard this song over and over zillions of times. even typing noise gives me a headache! but she's worth it.

wish me luck.

orpheus

[size=xx-small]The Fine Print: Tears for You is Copyright 2004 Dean Chiang. Please do not modify the source files, nor change the music in any way. Feel free to share, but please always include my contact information (Dean Chiang, orpheus@fallingtodreams.com, www.fallingtodreams.com). Thank you.[/size]

Mar 30, 2004 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 68
<<i am to meet the girl of my dreams tomorrow. unfortunately, i am probably going to have to say goodbye.>>

...yea, as soon as your ears recover from the clacking of keys, it's story time...quite curious am I.

Mar 30, 2004 at 6:15 AM Post #3 of 68
Thanks, Dean.

I really enjoyed it. I thought that it had a New Age flavour, and even though I knew that you were playing a piano, I somehow felt as if was a harp. So I guess that puts it in the Angelic realm.

Mar 30, 2004 at 6:58 AM Post #5 of 68
Excellent! I am heading to bed now. It has been a very very long day and your song does not deserve to be listened to in this pathetic state. I will wake up tomorrow and listen to it with my wife before I go to work.

She adores your music. Our baby is getting frequent doses of it in the womb
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:03 AM Post #6 of 68
Good luck with the girl too
smily_headphones1.gif
You know...music usually is the way into people's hearts. It certainly did the trick with my wife!

Bioinformatics....mmmm, bayesian nets anyone?

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:21 AM Post #7 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
She adores your music. Our baby is getting frequent doses of it in the womb
smily_headphones1.gif

I see the baby is getting the music in style.
(looking at your avitar)

Nice work Orpheus and good luck.

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:36 AM Post #8 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by bootman
I see the baby is getting the music in style.
(looking at your avitar)

See, at first I had no idea what that avatar was (picture on my monitor is subpar), but now that I know what it is...there's something simultaneously sweet and...freaky about that picture.

But yes, that baby is getting the music in fine style.

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:37 AM Post #9 of 68
Umm...don't you already have a girlfriend
evil_smiley.gif

Edit: P.S., you have quite the gift for composition--I really enjoy this one.

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:58 AM Post #10 of 68
Yeah don't you already have a girl and a jealous one at that?

Well good look i mean luck
tongue.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 11:26 AM Post #11 of 68
I enjoyed your composition very much, particularly the passages beginning at approximately the 1:07 and 2:31 marks. There was both a certain sweetness and a sense of urgency that I found compelling. It was a very emotional piece.

Well done. I hope that your dream-girl appreciates it. If she doesn't, then we certainly will.

Good luck,

D.

Mar 30, 2004 at 5:28 PM Post #13 of 68
thanks guys.
wink.gif

she'll arrive in 4 hours. i haven't been able to eat anything in the past 1.5 days since starting this composition. really. i tried making some cup-o-noodles.... took 3 bites, then threw the rest away. i dunno. i feel sick... i haven't felt this way in a long long time.

you know, my stomach keeps growling... but nothing in the world seems to matter... not food, not anything. just the girl.

welp, i'm off... gotta pick up some mushrooms and chicken for our lunch. then we're gonna watch "Shine," the movie about Rachmaninov's 3rd. ...then i'm gonna have to pass some time with her before we go to Macaronni Grill for dinner, one of my favorite restaurants. it's only 1 mile away... more time for us. then come back, and hopefully it'll be dark. then i'll give her her goodbye present, a blue Eeyore (i have no idea how to spell it) and the CD, which has written on expensive, torn, cotton paper glued to the back:

fate brought you to me
may fate let our love be

my heart is true
I'll be waiting for you

i guess the exact meaning is for me and her to share (there is a reason i'm waiting, and a reason why i mention fate)... but i think you'll agree it sounds pretty.

...then play the song, holding her hand (i hope.)

then i will say goodbye.

thank you again for your support. and thank you for enjoying the music. it's absolutely about my tears for her. it is my heart and soul.

enjoy.

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:36 PM Post #14 of 68
Orpheus, I know another asian guy named Dean, and you remind me of him so much it's really scary.

Anyway, I hope she liked it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back