TEAC's New Bone Conducting Headphones?
Apr 14, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 22
don't know that I'd drop $40 to try them out. iirc this was a gimmick 30 years ago.

Apr 14, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #5 of 22
These do look more plausible though, since the vibration is actually coming from somewhere near your ears... But I wouldn't want to spend that much on them either.

Apr 14, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #6 of 22
those can't possibly sound very good though...

Apr 14, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #8 of 22
Interesting, pretty strong amp! "76-watts to each channel" Stronger then my Rotel
tongue.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #9 of 22
Interesting, but probably the biggest waste of $440, ever. I just don't have a few hundred bucks lying around waiting to be burnt. Anyone willing to take one for the team?
tongue.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Years ago there was a product advertised in OMNI magazine called the "Bone Fone".

http://pocketcalculatorshow.com/magi...et/index3.html

My father actually bought one of those 'Bone Fones'. I used it as a kid a few times. Believe me, it doesn't work through bone vibrations - it is just a small radio, with built in amp and a small pair of built in stereo speakers. Picture them as a 2.0 version of the Sennheiser Surrounder.

As mentioned in that link, they died a horrible death once the walkman came out.

There are a couple of them for sale on Ebay right now, Go get one Duggeh!

As for the TEAC phones, I would love to try a pair out. I obviously am not going to spend that kind of cash on them, but I am always game to try out something different.

Apr 14, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #11 of 22
I tried searching around for a Japanese review, but no luck.

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #15 of 22
I believe this is why God made ears.

If we HAVE ears, yet don't use them to... um... do what they are designed for? And to have a product that supplements this... isn't that the definition of a gimmick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back