Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256)

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by kawaivpc1, Jun 14, 2015.
First

Back
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
  1. Josef Parran
    I'm also looking for the output impedance of the headphone amp.

[edit: found this earlier in the thread]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. Serge Bernamej
    Hello joe, omg, what you say is so hard to believe...do still stand by your impression that the TEAC sounds sweeter and more analog than the Gumby?

3. FlemmingBach
  4. frogmeat69
  5. axtran
    Anyone else here use the built-in headphone amp in balanced mode? Figured I'd comment here, since I also did on Massdrop.

It is worth it to purchase (or make) a dual 6.3mm TS to 4-pin XLR cable to take advantage of maximum power on the UD-503 if you use its amplifier! I found that it drives all of my headphones (except for my T50RP derived ones) pretty well!

6. foreverzer0
    Yes, I think it's worth it. I believe there are several on ebay, but might be listed for the rme adi 2 pro which has a similar balanced out. You might have to look at their pin out to see if it's identical.

7. Josef Parran
    I'd say it largely depends on the impedance of your headphone.
    Specs list 500mW max power at 32 ohms, 700mW in balanced mode. Note that this is max peak power, not max continuous power.
    It's good with most headphones but anything over 300 ohms and I'm looking for a dedicated amp.
    Interestingly the amp section on the successor UD-505 is exactly the same so I guess most people have been happy with it.

8. kodreaming
    Any UD-503 owners experience issues with the headphone volume level fluctuation (both outputs)? It started to happen a few months ago (I have had the unit for about 2 years).

I emailed TEAC they said I will have to ship it back so they can check the unit. But it doesn't happen all the time consistently...

First

Back
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34