TEAC UD-301
Apr 11, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #106 of 283
Does anyone know if the UD-301 is able to take advantage of the DSD Native setting offered by the Teac HR Audio Player?

I'm on a Mac running OS X 10.11.4 and Teac HR Player 1.0.0.8 and I can use DSD over PCM but DSD Native remains disabled. Connection is via USB.

I sent a message to TEAC support over a month ago and have never heard back.

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #107 of 283
  Does anyone know if the UD-301 is able to take advantage of the DSD Native setting offered by the Teac HR Audio Player?

I'm on a Mac running OS X 10.11.4 and Teac HR Player 1.0.0.8 and I can use DSD over PCM but DSD Native remains disabled. Connection is via USB.

I sent a message to TEAC support over a month ago and have never heard back.

Yes. When I open the player and have USB selected on the UD-301, then selecting Configure, then Device: select the "TEAC ASIO USB Driver".  It then allows you to choose between DSD over PCM or DSD Native.

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #110 of 283
Question to ud-301 owners. Need to figure out is 120v model could be used on 220v without stepdown transformer and vice versa. If you do not know exact answer may you pls check primary winding on the power trans on your ud-301. On photos available on the net there are visible 4 inputs to high voltage winding of the transformer. Suppose that it could be two windings configuralbe in parallel on in serie. May you pls check this on your own device?

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #115 of 283
Hi All,
Understand that Line Out has a switch Fix/Variable/Off. If i switch to variable mean even with Line Out connnection the volume control is still able to adjust the volume? i need to know cos i wan to get it to hook up to my Personus Eris E5 monitor which dun have volume control on the active monitor speaker. thks

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #116 of 283
Hi All,
Understand that Line Out has a switch Fix/Variable/Off. If i switch to variable mean even with Line Out connnection the volume control is still able to adjust the volume? i need to know cos i wan to get it to hook up to my Personus Eris E5 monitor which dun have volume control on the active monitor speaker. thks

That is correct. With the switch on "variable," the Teac will function as a preamp/monitor controller.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #117 of 283
That is correct. With the switch on "variable," the Teac will function as a preamp/monitor controller.

wow that could be great as i always will accidently increase the vol on the laptop.... thanks for the enlightenment.

Apr 25, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #118 of 283
Currently on Massdrop for a good price.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/teac-ud-301-balanced-dac-amp

May 8, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #120 of 283
New UD-301 & Airplay issue.

Hi there,

I'm a very infrequent head-fi poster.

Recently I decided on the TEAC UD-301 DAC for my primary HI-FI system.
I am streaming to an apple airport express over ethernet. The Airport Express is setup as an audio receiver only.
WiFi is not active and it is not routing for other systems. I've run this setup successfully using the analog out of the APX.
As well I have had success going into a very cheap fiio DAC. (d3), via the TOSlink optical.

I purchased the TEAC looking for a higher quality DAC with Optical input so I could continue to use the airport express as the 
airplay receiver. I've been storing my files as ALAC and the APX receives ALAC 16/44 so this seemed like a good way to keep things bit-perfect. Airplay transmits in ALAC. So if the file is already ALAC it stands to reason that there will be no conversion.

Anyway, I hook up the TEAC to the AXP with a decent optical cable. Turn it on. It locks on fine at 44.1.
However when I try to use the upsampling function it has issues. When I engage the 2x 88.2 upsampling it plays but with irregular hiccups. Dropouts, momentary silence, etc. The same happens @176.4 it plays but intermittently hiccups.

I tested with USB from my laptop to the DAC and I was able to upsample several files.
I haven't tried optical output from any other sources, so I will try that next.

I've been googling all day trying to see if there are other reports of this issue. 
I found nothing specifically about the TEAC, but there are many threads about the AXP having lots of jitter from the TOSLink/optical inputs.

has anyone been able to upsample 44.1 over optical to 88.2 or 176.4 ?

thanks

JL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back