TEAC UD-301
Jul 24, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #91 of 283
Hahaha, same I order the Bottlehead Crack and also the Liquid Carbon. I haven't even pass 100 hours on my Teac UD301, got to allocate some more time for this hobby haha! 

Jul 25, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #92 of 283
Subbed. Looking at this DAC too to pair up with LC 
popcorn.gif

wondering about this setup:  

TEAC UD-301 ---> LC ---> HD800

OR  

Cambridge DacMagic Plus ---> LC ---> HD800

Wondering what will work BEST between these 2... (?) 

Jul 25, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #93 of 283
Subbed. Looking at this DAC too to pair up with LC :popcorn:

wondering about this setup:  

TEAC UD-301 ---> LC ---> HD800

OR  

Cambridge DacMagic Plus ---> LC ---> HD800

Wondering what will work BEST between these 2... (?) 

I would go with the teac ud301, has balanced output, a good power supply, DSD fucntion. Haven't seen many people talking about pairing dacmagic or ud301 with the LC. The LC has only been shown at shows, so who knows.. Don't worry it should be good though.

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #94 of 283
I would go with the teac ud301, has balanced output, a good power supply, DSD fucntion. Haven't seen many people talking about pairing dacmagic or ud301 with the LC. The LC has only been shown at shows, so who knows.. Don't worry it should be good though.

Thanks Ying! I'm really really leaning towards the ud-301. The reason why I thought of the dacmagic+ I because it's so here in a local shop. With teac, I have to order it online and have It shipped internationally. I'm just worried it might get beaten up during transit and arrive damaged.

But I really like the ud-301!

Jul 26, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #95 of 283
Usually shipping isn't a problem, they package it up with bubble wrap etc. I never had a problem with my items being damage during shipping. Usually manufacture package it with bubble wrap and extra protection because they dont want you to go back and complain. Do you live in the states? cause the teac ud 301 still has the crazy rebate, which is an extremely good deal. I am using the teac ud 301 with the hd800 right now and love it. 

You gotta have try DSD files, from blue coast records my personal favorite is jullian muller's album. The recording is amazing!

Jul 26, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #96 of 283
  Usually shipping isn't a problem, they package it up with bubble wrap etc. I never had a problem with my items being damage during shipping. Usually manufacture package it with bubble wrap and extra protection because they dont want you to go back and complain. Do you live in the states? cause the teac ud 301 still has the crazy rebate, which is an extremely good deal. I am using the teac ud 301 with the hd800 right now and love it. 

You gotta have try DSD files, from blue coast records my personal favorite is jullian muller's album. The recording is amazing!

I live in the Philippines. That's why i envy you guys because you get to receive your orders on time (add a week or 2 for me) and the cost of shipping is either free or minimal (add international shipping plus import tax for me). And then there's the issue of warranty.. if i need to claim warranty i have to repeat all those process again in a lengthy period 
frown.gif
 It's hard here because there's minimal distributor of audio products so i order abroad almost all the time. 

I have a lot of DSD files that's why the UD-301 is perfect for my needs
bigsmile_face.gif
 my personal favorite are the Opus and Jazz at the pawnshop. Currently playing those through AK100ii 

It's comforting to hear that you love the pairing of the ud-301 and the hd800. Now I'm more confident in purchasing the ud-301! Thanks again Ying!

Jul 26, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #97 of 283
I live in the Philippines. That's why i envy you guys because you get to receive your orders on time (add a week or 2 for me) and the cost of shipping is either free or minimal (add international shipping plus import tax for me). And then there's the issue of warranty.. if i need to claim warranty i have to repeat all those process again in a lengthy period :frowning2:  It's hard here because there's minimal distributor of audio products so i order abroad almost all the time. 

I have a lot of DSD files that's why the UD-301 is perfect for my needs :bigsmile_face:  my personal favorite are the Opus and Jazz at the pawnshop. Currently playing those through AK100ii 

It's comforting to hear that you love the pairing of the ud-301 and the hd800. Now I'm more confident in purchasing the ud-301! Thanks again Ying!

Jazz at the pawnshop is also my all time favorite! No problem can't wait to try the ud 301 with the LC haha

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #98 of 283
Just hooked up my TEAC UD-301 to a KGSSHV and Stax SR-009, and I am happy to say the TEAC more than holds its own (I set it to no upsamling).  Also, I tested using a Tascam CD-200 as a transport by coax and optical versus PC/USB, and I could not discern any difference.  I hope TEAC has another sale for one of these on labor day 
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #99 of 283
  Just hooked up my TEAC UD-301 to a KGSSHV and Stax SR-009, and I am happy to say the TEAC more than holds its own (I set it to no upsamling).  Also, I tested using a Tascam CD-200 as a transport by coax and optical versus PC/USB, and I could not discern any difference.  I hope TEAC has another sale for one of these on labor day 
biggrin.gif

I hope they do also, really like my UD-301, a friend in Japan who has both the UD-301 and UD-501 says there is little difference between the two, only the filters that the UD-501 has if you need them could be a reason to go with the UD-501 but he tells me that since we are older it might not even be an issue and not anything that I would miss or hear.

Aug 23, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #100 of 283
I have a Gungnir multi bit on the way, and I just listed my UD-301 in the classifieds...

Nov 26, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #101 of 283
Hi everybody, I recently got a ud-301, and I'm happy with it, listening from my laptop through my HD650's. Do you think it could use a dedicated amplifier? Perhaps a HA-501? Thanks. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #102 of 283
  Hi everybody, I recently got a ud-301, and I'm happy with it, listening from my laptop through my HD650's. Do you think it could use a dedicated amplifier? Perhaps a HA-501? Thanks. 

While the HA-501 will be a great amp, I find that the BH Crack to be a better match for the HD-600/650/800, next would be the Project Ember.  But if you don't want to deal with tubes, the HA-501 is hard to beat in its price range.  I don't own one but have used my friends HA-501 for a few months and while its really good, my Lyr2, Ember and BH Crack take care of all my current needs.

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #103 of 283
Hi

Is it possible to connect an iDevice to the UD-301? Can it play hi-res/DSD files stored on iPhone/iPad?

Does anybody know where to finde the right balanced cables for use with UD-301 and LCD-2 phones?

Thanks

Mar 5, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #105 of 283
Hi

Is it possible to connect an iDevice to the UD-301? Can it play hi-res/DSD files stored on iPhone/iPad?

Does anybody know where to finde the right balanced cables for use with UD-301 and LCD-2 phones?

Thanks

Don't know if iDevice can but if it has a USB port it might using a USB-to-Go cable.  It works with my Galaxy S5

Check ebay, or the for-sale thread, there are many who provide cables and custom build to order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back