Tea-Fi?
Feb 1, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #586 of 750

With my journey still young, any favourites I have should be considered favourites-to-date. I'm almost certain I'll discover another wonderful leaf... soon. Though, Jasmine Dragon Pearls have long been out front. In the past few months I have been enjoying Lung Ching Dragonwell. 

My strongest recommendation would be to sample, sample often and keep an open mind. The latter could take you far. I often make it a point to revisit teas that didn't move me at a later date, if I'm on the fence about them. Many a moon have came and went since I tried Dragonwell years ago. I didn't much care for it. Decided to revisit the tea again last November and it knocked my socks off! 
biggrin.gif
 Admittedly, I'm a different person now in a different place, so keeping an open mind paid off and now I've got new inventory. 
wink.gif

Some stores sell samplers and will include samples with other purchases. Can't wait to hear what you try!

I seen you talk about different pots. does that have a big effect on the tea itself? I used to know an instrument maker in Galway (mainly harps) and he was into his tea in a big way. Unfortunately at the time I didn't give it the appreciation it deserved so i don't know what i drank with him. 

Feb 1, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #587 of 750
  I seen you talk about different pots. does that have a big effect on the tea itself? I used to know an instrument maker in Galway (mainly harps) and he was into his tea in a big way. Unfortunately at the time I didn't give it the appreciation it deserved so i don't know what i drank with him. 

Yes. Different pots can impact different teas. Some teas are recommended for use with clay pots, others porcelain and/or other materials. When you shop for teas you'll be able to learn its best use.

I know what you mean by not fully appreciating experiences at the time. 

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #588 of 750
Hey Silent One, is there a cheap (<$10 for >50g) green tea variety you would recommend?

Feb 20, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #591 of 750
The prices at mountain tea are pretty reasonable, and I'm running out of Iron Goddess.....

Jun 13, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #592 of 750
2x

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #593 of 750

Jun 13, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #594 of 750
How big is the mug that you need TWO green tea bags?

Jun 13, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #595 of 750
I'd HIGHLY, HIGHLY suggest trying out Red Blossom Tea and Song Tea, they have provided the best tea I've ever tasted.

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #596 of 750
This thread always seems to come alive in cooler months. 
normal_smile .gif
 Will have a closer look at Red Blossom Tea & Song Tea month-end (June).

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #597 of 750
I used to live in Southern California and had a choice of most tea. I live in a place now with almost no good tea. I leaned just to be grateful to have any tea. My tea snobbery days are gone.lol

The ironic part is I'm close to China?

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #598 of 750
  I used to live in Southern California and had a choice of most tea. I live in a place now with almost no good tea. I leaned just to be grateful to have any tea. My tea snobbery days are gone.lol

The ironic part is I'm close to China?

ph34r.gif

That's messed up! You're sooo close to China. I remember you waxing on occasion about your days runnin' through Long Beach and other cities. Is there a return vacay on the horizon to SoCal?

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #599 of 750

ph34r.gif

That's messed up! You're sooo close to China. I remember you waxing on occasion about your days runnin' through Long Beach and other cities. Is there a return vacay on the horizon to SoCal?

Oh yes, and I will travel to Anaheim for the great green tea they have there. Funny no Ginseng here too, being so close to China.

Red tea too from the Indian districts.

But really I don't care. I drink average red tea, black or green, as long it is not too old. The aging is where booze and tea differ. Nothing worse than old tea, does not matter which brand.

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #600 of 750

Maybe I am still a tea snob. Tea like this ends up being 3 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back