TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM
Jan 15, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #376 of 386
Just checking in to say that I freaking love these things!

I love a natural sound, and these definitely deliver that.

Bass is awesome, not thunderous but rumbles when necessary and decent texture. Mids are clear and natural, not too forward and not too recessed but just right. Highs are crisp, airy and fast with plenty of detail. Great extension on both ends.

My only complaint is that when I put them up against the HD650, the bass of the TDK didn't have the same detail and texture. But for the price point, they're still doing an amazing job.

EDIT: also wanted to note that with the HiFiMAN RE400 black 'bumpy' tips I've had great success. These things seal like a champ and I could go running with these things in my ears without worrying about them coming out.

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #377 of 386
Just to bumb this thread of a real hidden gem of IEM.
Think these are hard to beat regarding presentation of voice and mids without drawbacks in the other regions.
I just rediscovered them and I'm thrilled. don't miss my denon d7200 while listening.

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #379 of 386
Bought a second pair as spare for 60$. Absolutely a bargain.
With an other brand and design people would praise them here even with a price tag over 200$.
But needs power to drive them.
First impression was disappointing, because years ago I tried them to drive with the Nokia Microsoft phone.
After connected them to my Topping NX 4 or RME Adi 2 Dac I recognized what level they play🎧😁

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #380 of 386
I broke my first one and gave the second to a friend, they both break way too easily because that ceramic body is a bit too heavy, making it swings around with quite a momentum if you happen let go of the buds, hanging only by a thin wire, impact with anything hard shook the inside bad.
the sound it has is the best out of cheap TDK demo sets you can find anywhere, tho not really that remarkable IMO, true that I never really used it with anything else other than my phone (I think it was a Nokia N8, and then Lumia 920 back then).

Jun 13, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #381 of 386
I broke my first one and gave the second to a friend, they both break way too easily because that ceramic body is a bit too heavy, making it swings around with quite a momentum if you happen let go of the buds, hanging only by a thin wire, impact with anything hard shook the inside bad.
the sound it has is the best out of cheap TDK demo sets you can find anywhere, tho not really that remarkable IMO, true that I never really used it with anything else other than my phone (I think it was a Nokia N8, and then Lumia 920 back then).

I agree, I had a set of these for a very short while and they aren't tuned to my liking. Piercing treble and that's coming from someone who loves Grado and Beyers.

Jun 13, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #382 of 386

You have confused TDK IE800 with Sennheiser IE800. TDK has a plastic body where Sennheiser is ceramic. Also TDK has flat cable.

Jun 13, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #383 of 386
There are two things you have to make sure that these shine:
A) Power
B) As these have only 10 Ohm impedence, low output impedance of the amp.

Otherwise you won't be happy.

As I wrote, first I drove these with Lumia, think it was 930, with horrible result.

Jun 13, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #384 of 386
You have confused TDK IE800 with Sennheiser IE800. TDK has a plastic body where Sennheiser is ceramic. Also TDK has flat cable.

You mean confused TDK IE800 with the TDK IE500. :)

Jun 14, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #385 of 386
Yeah, I really thought it’s the IE500 thread, because that’s the only one I owned, I wonder why I have this thread in watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back