TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM
Jan 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #76 of 386
HOLY CRAP!!

Let me just start of by saying that it is a CRIME to see that an IEM with such ability doesn't get as much hype as FXZ's or MH1C's

I was impressed when I listened to my FXZ100 after I received them, but when I listened to this one out of the box, I was in fricken awe, and that was me being subtle...

Bass and treble extends forever, and the details in the mid, excellent timbre, wow, oh my...dual dynamic tuned to perfection, I can safely say that I prefer this over FXZ100.

Will this get better with burn in? man I am scared to think if it will, because I honestly think that out of the box, this is, hands down, one of the best IEM I have ever heard.

I am also still experimenting with tips, so far settled with the included Comply TS - silicone is too bright for me, and Comply T makes the treble to be missing something.

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #77 of 386
Quote:
HOLY CRAP!!

Let me just start of by saying that it is a CRIME to see that an IEM with such ability doesn't get as much hype as FXZ's or MH1C's

I was impressed when I listened to my FXZ100 after I received them, but when I listened to this one out of the box, I was in fricken awe, and that was me being subtle...

Bass and treble extends forever, and the details in the mid, excellent timbre, wow, oh my...dual dynamic tuned to perfection, I can safely say that I prefer this over FXZ100.

Will this get better with burn in? man I am scared to think if it will, because I honestly think that out of the box, this is, hands down, one of the best IEM I have ever heard.

I am also still experimenting with tips, so far settled with the included Comply TS - silicone is too bright for me, and Comply T makes the treble to be missing something.

It will definitely get better with burn in. Welcome to the club! lol

I can't say I like these better than the FXZ100 (different sound signatures anyway), but the IE800 is close. The mids, imaging, and instrumen separation are to die for! These love to be amped too. Very clean sound for a dynamic and beautiful timbre. I'm not surprise you enjoy these. Now, your take on the MA600?

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #79 of 386
OK, the words, big sound stage, 3d presentation, excellent imaging, excellent midrange, nice bass just caught my attention and I decided to bite. Just ordered from Amazon JP/Tenso.I hope these live up to the hype. I am currently using the FXZ100 and while I enjoy them, find I have to turn them up a bit to much to hit their sweet spot and I do wish they had a better sound stage and imaging.

I've not heard the FXZs - am curious - but put off by the impressions of people who have had them, and share my taste in sig. The IE800s actually sound great at low listenining levels - the signature is preserved very well. I find them a little fatiuging at high levels - they're sweet, but not what I'd describe as warm, and convey a lot of detail.

With shallow insertion I find them a little too bright (but not at all thin). With deep insertion they have fantastic clarity, and although the soundstage loses some of it's space / air, it's just as 3d, with much harder hitting bass. I therefore take back what I said about the lows having a softness of note.

Another interesting thing is how the IE800 manages to sound slightly thick whilst maintaining excellent clarity. I think some of that comes from the well extended highs, boosted upper mids, depth of presentation and excellent layering.

Edit: glad you like them djvkool. I think I was as suprised as you at their technical ability. TDK are pulling no punches with their latest flagships.

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #80 of 386
Nulliverse.. how would you rate the IE800's speed?  Also.. is there any noticeable midbass emphasis or is it pretty flat through the bass frequencies?

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #81 of 386
Quote:

It will definitely get better with burn in. Welcome to the club! lol

I can't say I like these better than the FXZ100 (different sound signatures anyway), but the IE800 is close. The mids, imaging, and instrumen separation are to die for! These love to be amped too. Very clean sound for a dynamic and beautiful timbre. I'm not surprise you enjoy these. Now, your take on the MA600?

I'm going to use MA600 for another day before posting my take on it, as per your recommendation, 
wink_face.gif
 quite frankly, pretty average out of the box.

With IE800 though, if I have to pick its weaknesses, I would say that on some tunes/songs the aggressive treble could get annoying for some people, and also, it can get quite uncomfortable after a while due to its deep fitting - pairing this with a warm amp or source would be absolutely perfect, I am using my E17 with it and totally loving it

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #82 of 386
Is this a deep insertion only type IEM? I hope not ad that style is very uncomfortable for me.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #83 of 386
Quote:

I'm going to use MA600 for another day before posting my take on it, as per your recommendation, 
wink_face.gif
 quite frankly, pretty average out of the box.

With IE800 though, if I have to pick its weaknesses, I would say that on some tunes/songs the aggressive treble could get annoying for some people, and also, it can get quite uncomfortable after a while due to its deep fitting - pairing this with a warm amp or source would be absolutely perfect, I am using my E17 with it and totally loving it

Well I'll say it: While the MA600 has its charms, it's not even in the same ballpark as the IE800 or BA200. It can't be those two batboy. IE800 and BA200 are definitely TDK's top-of-the-line IEMs.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #84 of 386
Quote:
Is this a deep insertion only type IEM? I hope not ad that style is very uncomfortable for me.

Well, I normally wear large size tip, both silicone and foam, with IE800, the best fit and seal for me is actually using medium tips and jam it deep deep, using large tips also works for me, however, it feels like the IEM is prone to pop out with even the slightest of head movement

This is what it looks like up close, easy to jam deep...

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #85 of 386
Quote:

Well, I normally wear large size tip, both silicone and foam, with IE800, the best fit and seal for me is actually using medium tips and jam it deep deep, using large tips also works for me, however, it feels like the IEM is prone to pop out with even the slightest of head movement

This is what it looks like up close, easy to jam deep...

Those are the tips I settled on too.

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #86 of 386
So, which is better, IE800 or BA200? I'm looking to buy one of those two in the near future, and as of now, for me the IE800 costs around 100 USD, and the BA200 150 USD. Can anybody tell me if the BA200 is worth the price diff?? Thanks

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #88 of 386
The only thing about the BA200 that would be of concern is the fact that it has to be worn over the ear, which from experience isn't the best fit since I wear glasses.... Anyone???

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #90 of 386
Quote:
is it worth thinking about the IE800 if I already have the BA200?

I'm thinking about that too, except the fact I have neither. According to ClieOS, the IE800 are on par with the BA200, but I just want to know what justifies the bigger price of the BA200's,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back