Taylor Swift - 2010 Grammy Album of the Year.
Feb 1, 2010 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

davidhunternyc

Headphoneus Supremus
What a sense of irony. Just a minute after Eminem gives a fantastic performance on the Grammy's, Taylor Swift wins album of the year. In the words of Radiohead; "Give me a gun. I have found something worth fighting for."

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 32
I usually don't watch the Grammys, as I know I'll just get annoyed. But, I went in tonight with an open mind and figured I'd give it a chance.

Most of it was meh, although I always like seeing Eminem do his thing. But Talyor Swift's performance was just god-awful. She can't sing! Are they kidding me??

The "Bridge over Troubled Water" cover was pretty painful to listen to, as well. When you try to mix genres like R&B and Opera, it usually doesn't end up well.

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #3 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a sense of irony. Just a minute after Eminem gives a fantastic performance on the Grammy's, Taylor Swift wins album of the year. In the words of Radiohead; "Give me a gun. I have found something worth fighting for."

Was Eminem's performance wonderful? I didn't think so, about a quarter of it was bleeped anyway................

Every year the Grammys get worse and worse...........

Album of the year should have gone to Fleet Foxes, Flaming Lips or Animal Collective...................call me old fashioned..........

But the Grammys each year become more about fashion, shock and awe and less about music.

That said, Mary J and Placido did a very nice performance....and the MJ tribute was decent.

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was Eminem's performance wonderful? I didn't think so, about a quarter of it was bleeped anyway................

Album of the year should have gone to Fleet Foxes, Flaming Lips or Animal Collective...................call me old fashioned..........

But the Grammys each year become more about fashion, shock and awe and less about music.

That said, Mary J and Placido did a very nice performance....and the MJ tribute was decent.

Agreed 110%.

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #6 of 32
Quote:

+1

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

The Grammys have been bad for as long as I could remember. I don't think tonight's was worse, it was just more of the same. Record companies trump up their cash cows for all to see, they play, and they just happen to win the awards. And then people buy more of their albums and the cycle continues....

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by 351Cleveland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was anyone else struck by the enormity of the talent gap between Stevie Nicks and Taylor Swift during "Rhiannon"? Just another example of how low the bar has been set these days.

When Taylor Swift did her first verse, I actually cringed. She was completely out of tune.

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #10 of 32
How do they decide on album of the year anyways? I suspect total record sales has something to with it and I think Taylor Swift sold a ton so, if that's the case, it makes sense to me.

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Was Eminem's performance wonderful? I didn't think so, about a quarter of it was bleeped.

You know, stay positive, keep a stiff upper lip, that kind of thing. : (

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #12 of 32
She would win. Really, all she is is a little teenager with no vocals singing catchy shallow songs. Apparently having a huge widespread of high school fans pays off.

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #13 of 32
most useless award ever. it's based on record sales almost entirely. also, there are over 100 awards so everyone in the industry except for like 5 people wins something.

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
most useless award ever. it's based on record sales almost entirely. also, there are over 100 awards so everyone in the industry except for like 5 people wins something.

I am almost convinced it's a way to boost up t.v ratings by giving away cheap decor.

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #15 of 32
I have to say, there is one good thing about tonight. At least the ridiculousness of it all was transparent and not masked in the guise of excellence. Whew, at least Justin Timberlake didn't perform tonight, like he does every, again, every year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back