Tax Time!
Mar 12, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 7
I remember paying a tax accountant a ton of money, back when I was a business man. I still got audited, practically every year. Now as a retired guy, I do it online, very simple and never get that dreaded letter with the IRS as the return address. God bless the online Turbo Tax.

Mar 12, 2006 at 2:55 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
Was there any paperwork that you had to do at all like mail in your W-2 forms to them or is it 100% electronic?

Think the only paperwork is to send your w-2. I need to wait for the email confirmation which will arrive in 3 days. At the end, you pay a service charge for direct deposit. But a friend who did it said he got his refund within a week. I'm not sure why but i'm getting a lot more back this year than last.

Mar 12, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
So you just send the W-2 form by itself to the IRS?I can't find the answer to this on any of the online tax sites.

I have the instructions. Basically, www.taxact.com will tell you to print the instructions 1/2 way through the process. I haven't read it yet though
tongue.gif
But i'll go home tonight and maybe take a look at it. I have 2 midterms tomorrow so i might take a couple of days.

Mar 13, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #7 of 7
The first time you file online, you'll have to mail in a form 8453-OL, but it should be filled out by whichever service you use so that all you have to do is print and sign it. Beyond that, it's completely electronic, and I've never had to mail in my W-2 and never incurred a service charge for direct deposit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back