Target sells everything...
Oct 2, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
I was suprised that my local target sells Kef ... what could be next? Grado headphones (I thought grado headphone, if in red, would complement the Target logo very sell
wink.gif

Hmmmm....suggest it to Grado and you may get a (very small) cut of the profit. Think of it....a Target exclusive! You'd have your photo up along that of Michael Graves or Thomas O'Brien. The Target babes will be all over you!!
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
From my own personal observation, and compared to those at Walmart, women of all ages tends to be more attractive at the Target stores around here. Nothing against them, but my local Walmart tends to hire grannies who don't speak English.

LOL, how true this is... Here in Reno practically NOONE speaks English at WalMart. Sounds horrible I know, but that's how it is.
eek.gif

They have killer prices on groceries though...

...And Target gets my business for most everything else.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Oct 3, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6
I love Target, a lot of great bargains. Not to mention that, around here anyways, the MILF factor is usually pretty high too!
biggrin.gif

Call me stupid, but what is "MILF"?

Oct 3, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
Target is so much better than walmart, don't know why people still go there... Lets not get into how walmart treats its employees...

i think Walmart now refers to employees as "workers"

Oct 3, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
Call me stupid, but what is "MILF"?

That's simple:

Mothers I'd Like to be Friends with
wink.gif

tongue.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by euclid
i think Walmart now refers to employees as "workers"

They all have the choice to get a job somewhere else. I don't understand why everyone hates Wal*Mart so much? Ok their store is nasty and the people who work and shop there are equally nasty, but why hate the place. I don't like the store, so I never shop there, but I am not going out of my way to bring them down. Think about it this way, the thousands of people employed by Wal*Mart would be out of a job and without income if the company no longer existed. I think they would prefer to have their job.

If you don't like the place, don't shop there. I don't.

Oct 4, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
They all have the choice to get a job somewhere else. I don't understand why everyone hates Wal*Mart so much? Ok their store is nasty and the people who work and shop there are equally nasty, but why hate the place. I don't like the store, so I never shop there, but I am not going out of my way to bring them down. Think about it this way, the thousands of people employed by Wal*Mart would be out of a job and without income if the company no longer existed. I think they would prefer to have their job.

If you don't like the place, don't shop there. I don't.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/

WalMart has almost single-handedly forced American buisness to seek offshore production. they are "distributors" but they are the ones that decide manufacting prices. decide for yourself man

Oct 4, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by euclid
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/

WalMart has almost single-handedly forced American buisness to seek offshore production. they are "distributors" but they are the ones that decide manufacting prices. decide for yourself man

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08
http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/walmart.asp

Can't say I'll be shopping at Walmart that much anymore. Not that I have a problem with homosexuals, but IMO Walmart is in the business of selling products, not politics.

As I said before, if you don't like them, then don't shop there. I don't give them business.

EDIT: I have to admit that after reading those two things I have the urge, to tell others not to shop there. Good thing I never do.

Oct 4, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
Walmart has almost 2 million employees, how many of them do you think have medical/dental insurance?

As a former employee I'm going to say very very few. Everyone starts off as part time at Walmart and they'll work you up to 34.99 hours if they have to, but they'll do everything they can to make sure you don't get 35+, even in the peak holiday season. If I remember corectly, you're supposed to be elgible for a full time position after a year of service. Usually, however, they wouldn't offer you a full time position, you'd pretty much have to fight for it. Even after that, you'd still have to fight for your benefits, which could take several more months.

All that piled onto the fact that wages are dismal to begin with, and it's really not worth your time unless you don't even have a high school education.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back