Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Aug 11, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #1,622 of 2,374
One of my earpieces the 2 pin connectors have become too loose to hold in the prongs anymore. Anyone have suggestions on where to turn to get this fixed? I've had them for quite a while and am well past any return window..... I've tried other cables but even the ones that are sometimes tight to fit in other iems are still not staying in. i love this set but am really sad this has happened. Contact for tSMR directly would be great info but have yet to locate info. thanks Yall!

Aug 11, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #1,623 of 2,374
One of my earpieces the 2 pin connectors have become too loose to hold in the prongs anymore. Anyone have suggestions on where to turn to get this fixed? I've had them for quite a while and am well past any return window..... I've tried other cables but even the ones that are sometimes tight to fit in other iems are still not staying in. i love this set but am really sad this has happened. Contact for tSMR directly would be great info but have yet to locate info. thanks Yall!
That’s the main reason my JH13 had to go back but that was after near 8 years but that is the main problem with the 2 pin female connector if cables get changed fairly regularily. JH just put new sockets in and replaced the sound tubes at the same time for about $100 plus shipping as I recall

Sep 5, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #1,624 of 2,374
So... I splurged.. On the cable.. CEMA Gyrfalcon..
Could not get the poison out of my head even after 2 week

01.jpg

02.jpg

Sep 5, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #1,626 of 2,374
How is the cable made? What does it sound like?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002457063951.html

From their webshop link:

Expressive description of sound quality:
This cable has a very wide sound field expression, full of emotional voice expression is very gentle and smooth. The sense of detail is unprecedented. We believe that rich details can slow down the whole sound. As long as the sound slows down, we can really feel the charm of music. From feeling the existence of details before to hearing the existence of details now, this is a qualitative leap.

For the expressive force of bass, it is rich and elastic, and the soothing bass will make you feel very comfortable.

For the expressiveness of the baritone, it is warm and textured, and the subtle breathing movements of some singers are so real.
It is smooth and bright for the expression of treble, and has excellent extensibility in all kinds of treble frequency bands without burr.

1662390812270.png

My personal take is the above description pretty much nails the sound signature
Gyrfalcon is a technically top performing cable; details, clarity, soundstage are all fantastic
It is slightly warm in tonality and rich sounding, thus pairs so well with Tansio Mirai IEMs

Sep 5, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #1,627 of 2,374
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002457063951.html

From their webshop link:

Expressive description of sound quality:
This cable has a very wide sound field expression, full of emotional voice expression is very gentle and smooth. The sense of detail is unprecedented. We believe that rich details can slow down the whole sound. As long as the sound slows down, we can really feel the charm of music. From feeling the existence of details before to hearing the existence of details now, this is a qualitative leap.

For the expressive force of bass, it is rich and elastic, and the soothing bass will make you feel very comfortable.

For the expressiveness of the baritone, it is warm and textured, and the subtle breathing movements of some singers are so real.
It is smooth and bright for the expression of treble, and has excellent extensibility in all kinds of treble frequency bands without burr.

1662390812270.png

My personal take is the above description pretty much nails the sound signature
Gyrfalcon is a technically top performing cable; details, clarity, soundstage are all fantastic
It is slightly warm in tonality and rich sounding, thus pairs so well with Tansio Mirai IEMs
Thanks for the link and thanks also for your opinion regarding the sound of the cable ....

Sep 5, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #1,628 of 2,374
Thanks for the link and thanks also for your opinion regarding the sound of the cable ....

No problem. I have been in this hobby for more 20 years and the Gyrfalcon is one of the few rare products I knew I had to lay my hands on once I heard it

Oct 3, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #1,630 of 2,374
Does Amber bring any penalty to soundstage compared to the stock cable?
Not to my ears but I’m usually not very good at judging soundstage

Oct 4, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #1,631 of 2,374
Not to my ears but I’m usually not very good at judging soundstage
I see, thanks, does it make Sands sound more meaty and organic? Thinking about getting ISN G4 or Dunu Amber, Dsnuts convinced me that G4 is what I am looking for, better imaging, soundstage, meater sound than that of the stock cable, but I like that Amber has swapable jacks and is more universal, also from what I understand there is also UPOCC used as in mentioned Effect Audio Ares S, plus silver on top, so it made me curious.

Oct 8, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #1,632 of 2,374
Found great tips for Sands, they bring more sub bass and mid bass to the table, highs has the same brightness and response but because of a lift in low end they dominate less, some might say that it is to bassy but hey I have the bass switch on, I can turn it off if I want. Definitelly recommend and not just for Sands, it nicely suits my Shuoer EJ07m bring more mid bass to it. Tips do have nice look and soft touch, there are also color options, you can buy yellow tips to match your Sands. You also get a case for your tips as a bonus which is nice, finally was able to sort my tips. The only downside is that you can buy only a full set of various sizes, so you end up picking a size which suits you and others are sort of useless. I really recommend these tips, they really make a difference and with a right cable can achieve a great results. Bought a second pair already, think going to buy more for my other sets.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrJq85Q

Attachments

• IMG_20221008_181438.jpg
    IMG_20221008_181438.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221008_181515.jpg
    IMG_20221008_181515.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #1,633 of 2,374
The Tansio Mirai Sands seems to be quite bright. Good that my desktop setup includes a tube-preamp. This can calm down most IEMs easily. With a little cable swapping and EQ I can figure out the rest.

According to some graphs the Sands is roughly as bright as my old CCA C16 set.

Oct 18, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #1,634 of 2,374
The Tansio Mirai Sands seems to be quite bright. Good that my desktop setup includes a tube-preamp. This can calm down most IEMs easily. With a little cable swapping and EQ I can figure out the rest.

According to some graphs the Sands is roughly as bright as my old CCA C16 set.
The Sands are currently what I'm looking at picking up next. I just added a tube pre-amp into my setup, and was wondering how how it plays into the sound of the sands. If you end up getting a chance to listen to the Sands with tubes, I would be interested to hear your impressions.

Oct 18, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #1,635 of 2,374
The Sands are currently what I'm looking at picking up next. I just added a tube pre-amp into my setup, and was wondering how how it plays into the sound of the sands. If you end up getting a chance to listen to the Sands with tubes, I would be interested to hear your impressions.
That's fine. I might be getting the Sands on the 11/11 sale as my final endgame for audio. Details and clarity are simply important to me. I am hoping the Sands will get a big discount on that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back