Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Jan 4, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #1,306 of 2,405
So I've had the Akiba, my first CIEM in 7 years, for coming a week now

The ordering process with Penon was very smooth, quick and painless; Chi Kong was extremely helpful
Turnaround and delivery to my hands was a very fast 15 days
The shell quality is impeccable, fit is perfect, comfortable and isolates very well

Out of the box, the Akiba sounded congested and veiled, but the potential was definitely there
Been running it in for around 50 hours now and the sound is starting to open up

The bass extends pretty deep and the sub bass is quite present
Mids is very beautiful rendered and is refined sounding
Treble is extended with an open signature
Very good resolution, imaging and smoothness

I fully expect Akiba to sound even better with more hours to be added on it
Great times ahead in 2022 indeed!

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #1,307 of 2,405
Spark owner maybe compare it with Akiba 😉

Jan 4, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #1,308 of 2,405
Spark owner maybe compare it with Akiba 😉
That could possibly happen... I love Spark although I wrote in my review's con "Sub bass extension and presence is lacking, making for a less visceral presentation" it would seem Tansio made my wish come true with the 2 ultra low drivers :p

Jan 4, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #1,309 of 2,405
So I've had the Akiba coming a week now

The ordering process with Penon is very smooth, quick and painless; Chi Kong was extremely helpful
The shell quality is impeccable, fit is perfect and comfortable

Out of the box, the Akiba sounded congested and veiled, but the potential was there
Been running it in for around 50 hours now, and the sound is starting to open up

The bass extends well and good sub bass. Mids is very beautiful and refined. Treble is extended with an open signature
Very good resolution, imaging and smoothness

Great times ahead indeed
Do you have TSMR Spark to be able to make an evaluation?

Jan 4, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #1,311 of 2,405
Maybe if he added a DD .................:blush:
It would take more space then and make it a more complex design, like Alambic Ears Mentawai (1DD, 4 BA low mids, 2 BA high mids, 4EST) that manage to remain same size with the DD... but Spark is more transparent Mentawai is way thicker and less airy... I suspect Akiba is somewhere in the middle and has a switch system so more versatile.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #1,313 of 2,405
That could possibly happen... I love Spark although I wrote in my review's con "Sub bass extension and presence is lacking, making for a less visceral presentation" it would seem Tansio made my wish come true with the 2 ultra low drivers :p

From my memory, Akiba does have the better bass than Spark. It has more sub bass and has better impact

Do you have TSMR Spark to be able to make an evaluation?

Gonna be hard as I do not own a Spark and do not have ready access to one, though I managed to hear one prior to placing an order for the Akiba

Jan 5, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #1,315 of 2,405
Jan 5, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #1,316 of 2,405
I can't find it on Penons website? Could you link me please?

Jan 5, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #1,317 of 2,405
I can't find it on Penons website? Could you link me please?

It was just announced by Chi Kong on the Penon FB yesterday so it might take him some time to update the website. Maybe drop him an email if you are urgent?

Jan 5, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #1,318 of 2,405
Jan 5, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #1,320 of 2,405

Users who are viewing this thread

Back