Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 25, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #196 of 1,509
Mar 26, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #197 of 1,509

So Jude covered the Moondrop A8 and Tanchjim Oxygen as good examples of IEMs following the Harman-Target.

Apparently, for him, A8 has an overall more natural sound and Oxygen a bit more tactile bass. Fit-wise A8 is more friendly compared to the shallow Oxygen fit but both are extremely good value.

FR:
pOhSfjb.png

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #199 of 1,509
Mar 26, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #202 of 1,509
I just don't get how such a di, single dynamic driver, for less than $300, can be so damn good. I'm currently researching an aftermarket cable to use. But I have to say the stock one, as much as some say they think it's cheap, sounds pretty good to me. I tried swapping out for the Moondrop KPE cable, and it significantly boxed in the sound.

Radiohead's "Ill Wind" sounds amazing on the O2.
While the stock cable *sounds fine, it's a bit fiddly. I get this upgraded cable for all my lower-end "keepers," and it works a treat on the Oxygens:

https://www.alphandelta.com/product-page/alpha-delta-8-core-silver-upgrade-0-78mm-2-pin-cable

Mar 26, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #203 of 1,509
If you want a great balanced cable, catch this one on sale for $70 in a couple of days. It looks great and sounds great.
Search for this if the link doesn't work:
NICEHCK High Quality 8 Core Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated Cable

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #204 of 1,509

So Jude covered the Moondrop A8 and Tanchjim Oxygen as good examples of IEMs following the Harman-Target.

Apparently, for him, A8 has an overall more natural sound and Oxygen a bit more tactile bass. Fit-wise A8 is more friendly compared to the shallow Oxygen fit but both are extremely good value.

FR:
pOhSfjb.png

And if You look at HBB video about Moondrop A8 / Kanas Pro / Blessing, then A8 and Kanas Pro have VERY similar FR graph.

Just sayin :)

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #206 of 1,509
I had a listen to the Tanchjim Oxygen today at CanJam and from my short time with it, it sounds like a smoother Moondrop Kanas Pro. Vocal tuning was smoother on the Tanchjim Oxygen and bass was not as punchy.
If you want know O2 well and know how great is this small IEM, please play Billie Eilish "When we fall asplep, Where do we go?" and tell me if another IEM in its money range could play better this unbelievable LP.

Apr 2, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #210 of 1,509
My take on the Tanchjim Oxygen.
Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Nice review on that beautiful matte black oxygen! always want this but i found it too expensive to spend since i have Kanas Pro and EX1000 between these iems. Maybe next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back