Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 30, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #1,186 of 1,514
I found a driver flex on my right set of the oxygen and sounds more closed in than the left one. Tried swapping cable/left and right ear/left and right cable and i get the same result. I just bought it early last month. Any advice? Tanchjim representative?

Have you tried swapping the mesh filters/dampers? They can get clogged up with moisture and cause dulling of sound on that side or channel imbalance, quite common issue in areas with higher humidity and in some IEMs such as the LZ A6, TRN BA5, KBEAR BElieve.

Not saying it is the issue, but no harm trying it I suppose.

I have a Tanchjim Oxygen too and it is easy to swap the dampers, I think they do come in the packaging or can be bought for a few bucks online. I followed this guide (from Moondrop), but it works the same for the Tanchjim Tanya and Oxygen:
Capture1.PNG

Just be careful when pressing the filter down to remove the original filter, they can drop into the nozzle of the Oxygen (which is empty inside).

Other possibility is driver flex. Then perhaps try other silicone eartips/foam tips to relieve the pressure, or try opening the mouth and pulling up the earlobe during insertion, it may open a bigger diameter in the ear canal so as to reduce driver flex on insertion.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #1,187 of 1,514
Have you tried swapping the mesh filters/dampers? They can get clogged up with moisture and cause dulling of sound on that side or channel imbalance, quite common issue in areas with higher humidity and in some IEMs such as the LZ A6, TRN BA5, KBEAR BElieve.

Not saying it is the issue, but no harm trying it I suppose.

I have a Tanchjim Oxygen too and it is easy to swap the dampers, I think they do come in the packaging or can be bought for a few bucks online. I followed this guide (from Moondrop), but it works the same for the Tanchjim Tanya and Oxygen:

Just be careful when pressing the filter down to remove the original filter, they can drop into the nozzle of the Oxygen (which is empty inside).

Other possibility is driver flex. Then perhaps try other silicone eartips/foam tips to relieve the pressure, or try opening the mouth and pulling up the earlobe during insertion, it may open a bigger diameter in the ear canal so as to reduce driver flex on insertion.
Yes. I changed the filter. And also yes, i suspect it's the driver flex. The problem is, it flexes on the right set only. Left one is flawless. I can clearly hear a distinct futher openness mostly upper harmonic in my left side. And right side sounds more closed. Im currently using symbio tips and i like the overall fit for my ear. It's a bummer if i need to swap to another tips.

Edit; currently trying with smaller tips on my right ear. Let see if it fixes the prob

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #1,190 of 1,514
Jul 1, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #1,191 of 1,514
I know it sounds pretty silly, but close the the hole next to the nozzle with some tape and sucking slightly on the nozzle. It should remove the dent of the diaphragm. Sometimes it works.
Do you mean manually suck from the nozzle?

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #1,193 of 1,514
I know it sounds pretty silly, but close the the hole next to the nozzle with some tape and sucking slightly on the nozzle. It should remove the dent of the diaphragm. Sometimes it works.
Do not do this. It can mess up the frequency response.

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #1,194 of 1,514
Jul 5, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #1,197 of 1,514

All you have to do is buy the oxygen filter and replace it on Hana.

Nice, thanks for the graph.

How does the Tanchjim Hana (with 02 filters) sound against the original Tanchjim Oxygen?

Jul 6, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #1,200 of 1,514
I think ive settled with the o2 i have. Finally i found a good synergy with foam tips. No issues now but very positive end game worthy at $200. Looking forward for Prism!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back