Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 15, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #1,156 of 1,514
I received a wrong one too for o2 lol. I swapped left and right. Reverse earhook can do a job too. But tanya is non removable cable, you will not get that prob with that

In my case, the stock cable polarity(+\-) is not fixed to the O2 2-pin connector. I had to reverse the cable making the angle a bit awkward to wear as the ear hook facing to the front but it sounded normal with proper imaging, bass impact is totally kicking which was not existent originally and extremely forward upper midrange is now taken bit behind after the fix. The drum cues presentation is not as extremely laid back too. Easy fix for me is acquiring a better cable and without the ear hook.

The Tanya is a fixed cable IEM, I believe it should not be a problem since they must not be mistaken upon soldering the terminals. Do you notice any similarity as in my case with the wrong polarity on Oxygen? I bought my Oxygen from one of local reviewer in my country for cheap and he rated this set for only 3 Stars and he said he used everything in the box when reviewing. I’m not shock at all as I was ready to sell them as it was really underwhelming even for the price I paid until I fixed the problem. Sorry for the long writing. Hope it will help any future buyers out there or users that is having hard time with the sound quality. For now, this is totally a keeper for me. Love them to bits

Jun 15, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #1,157 of 1,514
In my case, the stock cable polarity(+\-) is not fixed to the O2 2-pin connector. I had to reverse the cable making the angle a bit awkward to wear as the ear hook facing to the front but it sounded normal with proper imaging, bass impact is totally kicking which was not existent originally and extremely forward upper midrange is now taken bit behind after the fix. The drum cues presentation is not as extremely laid back too. Easy fix for me is acquiring a better cable and without the ear hook.

The Tanya is a fixed cable IEM, I believe it should not be a problem since they must not be mistaken upon soldering the terminals. Do you notice any similarity as in my case with the wrong polarity on Oxygen? I bought my Oxygen from one of local reviewer in my country for cheap and he rated this set for only 3 Stars and he said he used everything in the box when reviewing. I’m not shock at all as I was ready to sell them as it was really underwhelming even for the price I paid until I fixed the problem. Sorry for the long writing. Hope it will help any future buyers out there or users that is having hard time with the sound quality. For now, this is totally a keeper for me. Love them to bits
Not sure if it was the polarity issue (somebody on this thread claims that polarity doesn't matter with the cables?), but upon first listen O2 didn't sound so dynamic, and the bass wasn't do dynamic. This was with the stock cable.

Jun 15, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #1,159 of 1,514
Not sure if it was the polarity issue (somebody on this thread claims that polarity doesn't matter with the cables?), but upon first listen O2 didn't sound so dynamic, and the bass wasn't do dynamic. This was with the stock cable.

You may try it yourself and see the difference especially with the stock cable. I have tried this since I acquired this set on April 2020 and I consistently obtain the same result. They are totally not the same sound at all. If they were, this set will long be gone from my collection. I’m sorry if you have done this before and not getting the same result as I am. Perhaps, it was only my set afterall. 😅

Jun 15, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #1,160 of 1,514
You may try it yourself and see the difference especially with the stock cable. I have tried this since I acquired this set on April 2020 and I consistently obtain the same result. They are totally not the same sound at all. If they were, this set will long be gone from my collection. I’m sorry if you have done this before and not getting the same result as I am. Perhaps, it was only my set afterall. 😅
I've actually tried changing the cable due to what I read on here about polarity with the stock cable. I did notice the difference in dynamics after. But, I wasn't sure if polarity was the real issue. Certain genius popped up on this thread and told us all, it makes no difference.

So, are we saying it was the polarity of the stock cable was at issue?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #1,161 of 1,514
I've actually tried changing the cable due to what I read on here about polarity with the stock cable. I did notice the difference in dynamics after. But, I wasn't sure if polarity was the real issue. Certain genius popped up on this thread and told us all, it makes no difference.

So, are we saying it was the polarity of the stock cable was at issue?

Sorry that I simply left out the fact that you were quoting other member’s statement. If you are asking me, I got more cable with the right polarity(even with ear hook) works with Oxygen than not. In my case, the stock cable supplied is to be blamed. Can’t speak for other members here but I believe many have change the stock cable to aftermarkets for various reasons.

Jun 16, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #1,163 of 1,514
Basically Blessing 2 with a bit less mid treble and more treble extension.
graph.png

Jun 24, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #1,170 of 1,514

I wonder if it will also have a new tuning aside from the design update.
That is one beautiful IEM! I hope it is a slight tweak of the original Hana and priced similarly. If so, I am in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back