Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 2, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #1,141 of 1,509
557FDEF5-065E-45F5-81C4-543156A647A3.jpeg

took out my HANA and taped both vents. Doing so increased the bass, but not the lower Mids. Without EQing or changing to warmer sounding sources, I don’t think you can do much to change the way lower Mids sound.

If you want to try EQ, it is super simple: boost 1.5dbs @500Hz Q: 0.71

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #1,142 of 1,509
Tanchjim is my new favourite audio brand. Here is my full remark on Tanchjim Tanya. The Oxygen has shipped, really looking forward to it. Also, really looking forward for more DD of Tanchjim.

Tanchjim Tanya:

1. First few hours impression -
Out of clean source usbc apple dongle; neutral with bass boost. Bass - one of most controlled punchy bass ive heard in this price range. Doesn't dig down for the rumble but overall bass is satisfying. Mids - vocals sounds centered most probably due to a peak. Somewhere in 3khz? Idk. It is considerably good to counter the lows. Not the most relaxing at the peak but nothing glaring issue. Mids are well presented, no bleeds from lows. Highs - this has smooth highs but neither dark. Probably something like etymotic treble smoothing? Wow factor - layering. This budget set has amazing layering. It hardly sounds congested even in a crowded track. Imaging is decent. Nothing holographic but it does its job. Staging is okay. This could be another budget iem which could be at the top recommendations together with Final E500.

Ok after having much more ear time and digging a lot with tips and source, let me give my final words on Tanya.
Source: iPod Touch ES100
Tips: CP145
Signature: neutral with bass boost.

Overall this IEM with this setup sounds the best from my experience. I even like this setup over my expensive xCan etc. The overall sound is lush and engaging. Vocal placement is perfect with ES100. Lows are toward mid bass but subbass doesn't rolled off. Just not digging the rumble. Mids is very good and lush as i said earlier. It's not too forward anymore with ES100. The highs are on the smoother side which is why I use CP145 to make it a lil crispy. I think with this setup, i dont think final e500 comes even close anymore. Good luck with this one everyone. Oh yes, always has downside. One thing that is boggling me is the structure itself. The structure of the bullet was glued into two different part and it easily broken into two due to "less" glue. I advice you to have a strong glue when you buy this and re glue it. That's all I can say.

Rating: 5/5 considering the price and worth a blind buy

Disclaimer: diff tips&source could lead to diff impression!!!

Very good comprehensive review. Damn it, what a waste of the beauty. Hope it’s not too late to share my experience with regarding the my early struggle with Oxygen. I used to think Oxygen sounded like cra* and it got very intolerably high upper mids which sounds quite unbalanced in relative to lower mids. The drum cues was farther back and really shy away from being present. If that was not bad, wait till you hear its bass. I used to think reviewers are all lying when they are singing praise on Oxygen’s bass. It’s got no very little impact and dynamics went limp on many levels. Until, I figured the cable supplied was in wrong polarity and needed to reverse the cable and wear them in odd angle. It was a huge success and sounding more like the IEM I was expecting to hearing from all the raves from reviewers. Mainly, it sounds like a normal IEM. I’m really not sure if I was alone in this position but I remember hearing one of members here complaining about the reverse polarity too.

I’m not saying your evaluation is invalid though but let’s see if Tanchjim made the mistake again with this new model because it’s really frustrating when I first got the Oxygen and nearly sold them until I tried switching the poles. Now, I have upgraded its cable to Brise. Now in heaven 😎

Jun 9, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #1,144 of 1,509
I have Stargate incoming to pair with the o2. Let see how they synergize. Both tanchjim should have no excuse from them. :)

Jun 15, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #1,151 of 1,509
My review of the Tanya, with comparisons to Moondrop Spaceship and Final E500.

graph - 2021-06-14T204556.133.png

https://squig.link/?share=Super_Review_Target,Tanchjim_Tanya,Final_E500,Moondrop_Spaceship

There are some positives about the Tanya for sure, but ultimately it's my least favorite of these three. What I do like...
  • Despite overwhelming bass, it does still do a good job of staging and layering.
  • It actually has some air
  • I like bullet fit.
  • Really nice cable.
But...
  • It's too much bass for me. Puts midrange pretty distant.
  • Seems like someone forgot to glue my Tanya together, it comes apart when switching tips or even somethings just pulling out of my ears.

Jun 15, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #1,152 of 1,509
  • Seems like someone forgot to glue my Tanya together, it comes apart when switching tips or even somethings just pulling out of my ears.

It happened with mine too.

Jun 15, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #1,153 of 1,509
It happened with mine too.

If this is a recurring theme I think it's unacceptable, even if it does cost $22!

EDIT: I should add my Tanya hasn't fallen apart, yet.

Jun 15, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #1,154 of 1,509
Very good comprehensive review. Damn it, what a waste of the beauty. Hope it’s not too late to share my experience with regarding the my early struggle with Oxygen. I used to think Oxygen sounded like cra* and it got very intolerably high upper mids which sounds quite unbalanced in relative to lower mids. The drum cues was farther back and really shy away from being present. If that was not bad, wait till you hear its bass. I used to think reviewers are all lying when they are singing praise on Oxygen’s bass. It’s got no very little impact and dynamics went limp on many levels. Until, I figured the cable supplied was in wrong polarity and needed to reverse the cable and wear them in odd angle. It was a huge success and sounding more like the IEM I was expecting to hearing from all the raves from reviewers. Mainly, it sounds like a normal IEM. I’m really not sure if I was alone in this position but I remember hearing one of members here complaining about the reverse polarity too.

I’m not saying your evaluation is invalid though but let’s see if Tanchjim made the mistake again with this new model because it’s really frustrating when I first got the Oxygen and nearly sold them until I tried switching the poles. Now, I have upgraded its cable to Brise. Now in heaven 😎
I received a wrong one too for o2 lol. I swapped left and right. Reverse earhook can do a job too. But tanya is non removable cable, you will not get that prob with that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back