Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 13, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #361 of 1,514
Hi all! Made an account to get some experienced input.

I am looking to purchase a new IEM as a long term investment. Through my research I have discovered Tanchjim Oxygen will be a great buy.

My source is an LG G6 (quad dac) which I will use with Audirect Beam and I am maybe purchasing a Fiio A5.

I am on vacation and I got to try some IEMs (nothing available back home). I tried Final E5000, iBasso IT01s, which is I think in the same range as Oxygen according to what I see, and I tried Kinera Idun as well.

Out of these, I love the bass of the E5000, and like the detail of the IT01s. Idun was really good too, but maybe a little something missing in bass/sub bass for me. Will the Oxygen be good in these aspects too?

I have seen that Kanas Pro, BGVP DM6 and now the TFZ No. 3 Ti are competitors to the Oxygen.

Can anyone help me make an informed purchase?

I think you would find people in this thread who are familiar with many of the iems that you have mentioned

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1613#post-15006739

Also as surfgeorge mentioned, you can use the search function to find out more about each one. You probably have already done this.

Jun 21, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #362 of 1,514
I was having fit fatigue issues with the tanchjim o2. Went through a whole bunch of different tips - spiral dots, spinfits CP155s and CP240s, mandarins, etc. They either changed the sound too much or made my ear helix sore.
Anyway, I switched to cable with angled 2 pin connectors, and voila no more soreness, and can roll most of the tips to my sound liking.
This is the cable I got. One of the few I found with angle'd 2pin connectors and a balanced 2.5mm connection. The other one I was thinking about is the null audio cable, but its more expensive and longer lead time
Hidiz BL-2.5

Jun 21, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #363 of 1,514
I was having fit fatigue issues with the tanchjim o2. Went through a whole bunch of different tips - spiral dots, spinfits CP155s and CP240s, mandarins, etc. They either changed the sound too much or made my ear helix sore.
Anyway, I switched to cable with angled 2 pin connectors, and voila no more soreness, and can roll most of the tips to my sound liking.
This is the cable I got. One of the few I found with angle'd 2pin connectors and a balanced 2.5mm connection. The other one I was thinking about is the null audio cable, but its more expensive and longer lead time
Hidiz BL-2.5
That's a great idea, Tony. I have the worst time with insertion depth, but the soundstage is addicting, so I put up with it. The formed hooks on the upgrade cable help, too.

Jun 23, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #365 of 1,514
Jun 23, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #366 of 1,514
Hi all,

Just purchased the Oxygen with upgraded cable.
Where can one purchase those foams?

Congrats!

If you're located in the USA you can get it either on eBay or Amazon but it's also available on Aliexpress in here. Also, you can get a cheaper option which will do the trick as well (link).

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #369 of 1,514
So when I got my Oxygen I didn't even bother to use the stock cables, I went straight up to my custom cable (which is a cheap silver plated cable + reterminated neutrik jack) and I was kinda curious how people were finding it "too polite" but today I needed to use media controls on mobile then I got the stock cable and geez... somehow it killed all the sparkle. I'm really skeptical when the subject is cables and night/day differences claims for DD but now I can understand the people who find it "too polite".

I've been reading some Japanese tweets saying something similar that stock cables are kinda bad, do you guys feel the same as well?

Jun 28, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #370 of 1,514
So when I got my Oxygen I didn't even bother to use the stock cables, I went straight up to my custom cable (which is a cheap silver plated cable + reterminated neutrik jack) and I was kinda curious how people were finding it "too polite" but today I needed to use media controls on mobile then I got the stock cable and geez... somehow it killed all the sparkle. I'm really skeptical when the subject is cables and night/day differences claims for DD but now I can understand the people who find it "too polite".

I've been reading some Japanese tweets saying something similar that stock cables are kinda bad, do you guys feel the same as well?

I don't care so much for when people said cables don't bring changes in sound, for what I believe they do bring impact to the sound imo, because they conducts electrical information to the earphones, just comparison between the expensive cables is so little that even people can't hear the differences. So yeah, the cable could change the sound quality in your new oxygen.

Jun 28, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #371 of 1,514

I was surprised about the influence of the cable.
Compared cables with the JVC FD02 here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jvc-ha-fd01-class-s-solidege.868414/page-21#post-14976571
Not an Oxygen, but the general fidings should be comparable.

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #372 of 1,514
The Oxygens arrived with upgraded cable.. silly question: the cable has on one end a red Dot and on the other a blue dot.. can I just plug them in to the monitors or is there correct order to plug them in like blue to left and red to right?

Thanks,
Toube

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #374 of 1,514
R = R
Red = Right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back