Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #346 of 1,509
As per @Nabillion_786 request,
Quick Impression of TFZ No.3 Ti vs Tanchjim Oxygen + Upgrade Cable
TFZ No.3 Ti has fuller and more impactful bass response, midrange is more forward and engaging, treble expression has greater extension and soundstage provides fullness with an enveloping feeling.

photo_2019-06-03_12-53-44.jpg

Have you had a chance to chart it? I'm kind of hoping the upcoming IMR R2 Aten will be in a similar vein- all the good stuff of the Oxygen upgraded.
Unfortunately no at the moment. Cheers!

Jun 3, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #347 of 1,509
TFZ No.3 Ti has fuller and more impactful bass response, midrange is more forward and engaging, treble expression has greater extension and soundstage provides fullness with an enveloping feeling.

Thanks for the comparison! I will definitely save up for these.

Jun 3, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #348 of 1,509

Can you give your personal opinion about the stock silver cable versus the upgrade cable on Oxygen? Do you feel any improvement?

Jun 3, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #349 of 1,509
Can you give your personal opinion about the stock silver cable versus the upgrade cable on Oxygen? Do you feel any improvement?
Vocals are smoother with slightly more body. There is more weight to each note and the overall expression is not as agile as the stock cable. The sound is fuller. By the way, a mini correction, the stock cable is not silver but silver-plated OFC. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Jun 8, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #351 of 1,509

Have you got a chance to compare the TFZ No3 to Cora? Which one you prefer? I was thinking to get one of them to go in my gym IEM inventory. Which one is more musical and engaging?

Jun 8, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #352 of 1,509
Have you got a chance to compare the TFZ No3 to Cora? Which one you prefer? I was thinking to get one of them to go in my gym IEM inventory. Which one is more musical and engaging?
I will get back to you soon. Cheers! :)

Jun 10, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #356 of 1,509
upload_2019-6-10_20-41-28.png

Gotta say, this is one of my favorites with the Oxygen, and the O2 above all others. There's such a wonderful weight and impact to the bass without influencing the agile, lively treble. Hard to put into words, but it reminds me very much of actually standing on the conductor's platform, and I DO love being in front of an orchestra!

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #357 of 1,509
@warriorpoet u should try distant world (their first album have one winged angel the 2nd album have zanarkand) and nier OST like grandma and amusement park is really nice on the o2

i feel like the o2 are really good for this kind of track too.

can't wait for my ex1k to be here and try the same songs

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #358 of 1,509
Hi all! Made an account to get some experienced input.

I am looking to purchase a new IEM as a long term investment. Through my research I have discovered Tanchjim Oxygen will be a great buy.

My source is an LG G6 (quad dac) which I will use with Audirect Beam and I am maybe purchasing a Fiio A5.

I am on vacation and I got to try some IEMs (nothing available back home). I tried Final E5000, iBasso IT01s, which is I think in the same range as Oxygen according to what I see, and I tried Kinera Idun as well.

Out of these, I love the bass of the E5000, and like the detail of the IT01s. Idun was really good too, but maybe a little something missing in bass/sub bass for me. Will the Oxygen be good in these aspects too?

I have seen that Kanas Pro, BGVP DM6 and now the TFZ No. 3 Ti are competitors to the Oxygen.

Can anyone help me make an informed purchase?

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #359 of 1,509
Hi all! Made an account to get some experienced input.
I am looking to purchase a new IEM as a long term investment. Through my research I have discovered Tanchjim Oxygen will be a great buy.
My source is an LG G6 (quad dac) which I will use with Audirect Beam and I am maybe purchasing a Fiio A5.
I am on vacation and I got to try some IEMs (nothing available back home). I tried Final E5000, iBasso IT01s, which is I think in the same range as Oxygen according to what I see, and I tried Kinera Idun as well.
Out of these, I love the bass of the E5000, and like the detail of the IT01s. Idun was really good too, but maybe a little something missing in bass/sub bass for me. Will the Oxygen be good in these aspects too?
I have seen that Kanas Pro, BGVP DM6 and now the TFZ No. 3 Ti are competitors to the Oxygen.
Can anyone help me make an informed purchase?

Better post this in the "Introductions, Help and Recommendations" Forum
Similar questions are being discussed there a lot, searach function is your friend too :)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sub-200-iem-help.908815/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/best-iem-for-200-dm6-cp-it01s-etc.908480/

Jun 13, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #360 of 1,509

Users who are viewing this thread

Back