Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 9, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #271 of 1,514
I bought and just received a pair of Kanas pro to make a comparison with my Oxygen and to reinforce my thought that badguy youtube reviews are just free word without any sense. Nevertheless, I have a question for people that has Kanas pro: how can I distinguish right from the left? I can't see any R or L or red or blue dot on the monitor. Pleade help me.
Please, give us your impressions of the KP vs O2.

May 9, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #272 of 1,514
The flater side of the kanas goes in front with cable atop going up, it's pretty obvious how to wear them despite their lack of markings IMO.

What's wrong with those youtube reviews?
But if I want change the cable and i want use a different one without angled connectors? Bad guy is a chi-fi lover that change opinion and best iem every week. A little suspicious. In addition, too many words and very few real and usefull conclusions.

May 9, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #273 of 1,514
But if I want change the cable and i want use a different one without angled connectors? Bad guy is a chi-fi lover that change opinion and best iem every week. A little suspicious. In addition, too many words and very few real and usefull conclusions.

I'm sure you'll figure out how to use KP with a different type of cable if that's what you want to do.

So, KP vs Oxygen, what do you think?

May 9, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #275 of 1,514
I'm sure you'll figure out how to use KP with a different type of cable if that's what you want to do.

So, KP vs Oxygen, what do you think?
My very initial impression with the original cable using the last LP of Rodrigo & Gabriela in master format from Tidal is that Kanas has a dry tonality compared to O2. Bass of O2 are more deep and round. But with O2 I use a different cable from the original and I use sinbio tip that assure a perfect fitting. I have to found the right cable foe Kanas and try different tip.

May 10, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #276 of 1,514
All right pahdnaahh... Keep on rollin' baybehh. You know what time it is. 20190510_122014.jpg
One thing I'm confused about: on my ASG-1Plus, it was recommended that the red and blue dots be facing upwards. Blue on left, red on right, dots facing up when worn.

On these Oxygens, the way the cable sheath is coiled prompts the user to put the dots facing downwards. Will "correcting" them and putting the dots face-up change the way they sound?

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #277 of 1,514
Bad guy is a chi-fi lover that change opinion and best iem every week. A little suspicious. In addition, too many words and very few real and usefull conclusions.
Let me "correct" You - HBB is music lover and has kept his top-5 same pretty long time (in terms of chi-fi, haven`t checked lately).
Anyway, You can`t have one IEM perfect for every genre and music. You can have great all-arounder but it probably doesn´t "shine" with certain genres/music to full "perfect".

May 10, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #278 of 1,514
Let me "correct" You - HBB is music lover and has kept his top-5 same pretty long time (in terms of chi-fi, haven`t checked lately).
Anyway, You can`t have one IEM perfect for every genre and music. You can have great all-arounder but it probably doesn´t "shine" with certain genres/music to full "perfect".
And Then?
Here the pic of what should be the better cable and tip for my Kanas. Now the fitting is very good with a perfect seal and the cable 4N copper+ 4N silver sound very good.
20190510_085723[1].jpg

May 10, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #279 of 1,514
I received the Oxygen yesterday.
I've listened to it for a few hours. First impressions are very positive.
Graphs and comparisons below:
Tanchjim Oxygen
Oxygen.jpg
Tanchjim Oxygen vs Simgot EM1
Oxygen vs EM1.jpg
Tanchjim Oxygen vs Nicehck M6 (aka BGVP DMG)
M6 vs Oxygen.jpg
As always, my measurements were conducted with a Dayton iMM-6 microphone using a vinyl tubing coupler and a calibrated USB sound interface. There is a resonance peak between 7-10k. The measurements are presented with 1/24th smoothing and without compensation. Measurements above 10k are not reliable.

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #280 of 1,514
O2 has, to my ears, similar width but more depth.
I have not experienced any driver flex.
The O2 fits my preferences and has become my go-to IEM.
My final configuration is with Flares Everyday Audiophile tips and BTG copper cable.
What is the estimated lifespan of Flares Everyday? Similar to Olives? If, say total time spent in ears would be upwards of 40-50 hours per month.

May 11, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #281 of 1,514
Bass a bit more pronounced
Hoo boy... This does not sound like good news to me.
Already at first listen I preferred the midbass portion and below to be at lower volume... I suspect Harman curve will not agree with my ears.

May 13, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #283 of 1,514
Well...looks like I'll be selling them. Good texturing, but hard kicks from the too eager bass region proved to be very intrusive. Not even the leakiest eartips helped to hammer that intrusive sub-bass flat.

Guess it's a lucky thing I didn't try the Kanas Pros as well, as it was touted as having even moar of that. Imagine the disappointment.

In a way it's like eating ketchup, chillie sauce and condiments instead of the actual food on the plate itself.

I'll have to move on and continue searching. Flat with out of head soundstage. No extra treble, no mega bass extra booost, no enhanced mids. Just no extras, no reduction, no nonsense. Just there.

May 13, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #284 of 1,514
Well...looks like I'll be selling them. Good texturing, but hard kicks from the too eager bass region proved to be very intrusive. Not even the leakiest eartips helped to hammer that intrusive sub-bass flat.

Guess it's a lucky thing I didn't try the Kanas Pros as well, as it was touted as having even moar of that. Imagine the disappointment.

In a way it's like eating ketchup, chillie sauce and condiments instead of the actual food on the plate itself.

I'll have to move on and continue searching. Flat with out of head soundstage. No extra treble, no mega bass extra booost, no enhanced mids. Just no extras, no reduction, no nonsense. Just there.
you need Moondrop blessing, similar to Etymotic ER4XR but with better soundstage, less bass than KP

May 13, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #285 of 1,514

Etymotic ER4 series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back