Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 21, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #151 of 1,514
Interesting, he had a problem with the fit. Think that may be a deal breaker for me as well.

Mar 21, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #152 of 1,514
Has anyone the same opinion that the o2 and kpe sound the same? I bought the o2 in hope that the bass has more texture and plays faster. The bass on the kpe is a little slow or soft for my taste. I hope that the o2 is better. And the soundstage and depth of the kpe is a little to small. I hope that someone say that the o2 is better. ^^"

Mar 21, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #156 of 1,514
actually to deal with that kind of stem, short nozzle, you need half or 1 size bigger than your usual size eartips, because you will insert it a bit further from your ear drums, and your outer ear canals are tapered or slightly bigger than your inner canals. I have experience with short nozzle iems like this

Mar 21, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #157 of 1,514
Yes, fit is a bit of problem. I've to use the smallest eartip to get a good fit and good bass. With the default eartip I couldn't get good fit at all and the bass was really weak.
I was only able to get them working with Comply 500s. The sound is AWESOME with the right tips, but the fit was super hard for me.

Ears are weird, and a short stem just adds way too much complication to what are otherwise TREMENDOUS IEMs. Hopefully they get it sorted by O2 v2.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #158 of 1,514
I don't like to trust in graphs 100% because they won't show you the stage, speed, decay, punch, etc... To me, graphs are helpful to check if there's a major flaw going on. Also, highs perception are highly dependent on how the bass is boosted and most people have reported O2 as being fatigue-free/darkish treble IEM and the bass somehow better than KPE (punchier and texture) - I know it looks hard to achieve because KPE is already fantastic in this department but... those things graphs won't show to us, lol.

Well, in this regard some people are having a hard time along with KPE due to the longer nozzle too. It's all about tips and ear's anatomy (to me they fit like a glove)... so a lottery for both cases.
Like I said:
main difference is in highs, which for my hearing sensitivity is better with KPE.

About fit, well, at least to me it seems Oxygen has much more issue with it than KPE and even to my small ears and ear-canals KPE nozzle is great. And imho KPE nozzle is not long, I`ve posted even pics compared to other IEMs like ZSN for example and they are same length! And even with lengthened tips placement (which affects sound) it is still great fit for me.
YMMV

Will stop talking about KPE here as ppl seem to take defensive side when something "negative" is being told....

Mar 21, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #159 of 1,514
I think that I've always had pretty good luck with shorter nozzle IEMs... The longer nozzles were the ones which don't fit me very well. That said, I did find a tip that works great for me, and it's a little larger than a normal single flange silicone tip. It's the older Dita Audio single flange type. I odered a couple extra packs of them over the last few years as they seemed to be one of my go to choices for many IEMs I've owned. Anyway, I highly recommend giving these a try if someone has had Dita IEMs.

20190321_132313.jpg

Mar 21, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #160 of 1,514
I was very interested about the Oxygen. But, after having seen some impressions almost putting the O2 in the same SQ level as the KPE, or even others liking the KPE better, I came to the conclusion they are a sidegrade. Bisides that, there are complaints about the fit. Considering the almost 100 USD in price difference (less with the massdrop version...), It is a Big NO for me.

Mar 21, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #161 of 1,514
according to BGGAR the impressions that O2 is superior to KP are false claims, also he said that both are in the same league in terms of sound, very similar and the graphs confirm that, the other interesting thing that he mention was the bass being less detailed than the KP, covering some details in his test track, if that is true the KP will be the winner here because of the more affordable price

Mar 21, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #163 of 1,514
Like I said:

About fit, well, at least to me it seems Oxygen has much more issue with it than KPE and even to my small ears and ear-canals KPE nozzle is great. And imho KPE nozzle is not long, I`ve posted even pics compared to other IEMs like ZSN for example and they are same length! And even with lengthened tips placement (which affects sound) it is still great fit for me.
YMMV

Will stop talking about KPE here as ppl seem to take defensive side when something "negative" is being told....

lol did my post sound defensive or harsh? It wasn't my intention at all. I was just pointing out the reason I usually don't rely on graphs 100% because in my experience they tell just a small part of the whole history. But, since we're all happy with KPE it's all good.:)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #164 of 1,514
My O2 tips of choice are:
1. UE900 Large (Green core)
2. Flares Gold Everyday Audiophile, size L.

Both seal very well on the OUTSIDE of my ear canal. IMO, the O2 is not designed for deep insertion.

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #165 of 1,514
My O2 tips of choice are:
1. UE900 Large (Green core)
2. Flares Gold Everyday Audiophile, size L.

Both seal very well on the OUTSIDE of my ear canal. IMO, the O2 is not designed for deep insertion.
Comply Comforts seal OK outside, but the Isolations do a great job of sealing inside and holding in my ears. I have super funky canals, so if I can get 'em working well, pretty good chance others can, too :wink:

Deep insertion is, as you mention, right out. I do wonder if the shallow insertion has anything to do with the massive apparent space. Listening to something like Adam Watts' Back To Earth on these is almost a spiritual experience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back