Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 21, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #139 of 1,509
Will make a comparison image comparing the Oxygen to the Kanas Pro soon. Take care. :)
Waiting for it curiously!
The Oyxgen looks even more like the Harman IEM curve than the KPE:
Those two HBB pics are better to compare:

Oxygen
9939959_l.png

VS

9939960_l.jpg

To me they look very similar and main difference is in highs, which for my hearing sensitivity is better with KPE.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #141 of 1,509
Oh, sorry then, I thought he was still using Dayton.
Anyway, my personal opinion and choice by graphs belongs still to KPE.

Mar 21, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #143 of 1,509
I hope this will help someone to compare. :)
Where did You get it? You measured both? Just want to be sure it isn`t overlay graph composed from pictures I posted before.

Mar 21, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #145 of 1,509
I just put the graphs together that posted before. :)
Then You missed few posts back that those graphs use DIFFERENT MIC!
Please, for the sake of confusion - delete those graphs.

Anyway, Oxygen price should soon come down to KPE level... otherwise Tanchjim will have harder time to sell them due to fit issues.

Mar 21, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #146 of 1,509
Hmmm the upgrade cable is really an "upgrade" to me. Love the changes. It really removed some edginess.
Just noticed Ed Sheeran's voice in Perfect becomes a tiny bit smoother (just like the case in Enrique Iglesias in "hero").

I don't understand why they didn't use this upgrade cable as Oxygen standard cable.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #147 of 1,509
[/SPOILER]

To me they look very similar and main difference is in highs, which for my hearing sensitivity is better with KPE.

I don't like to trust in graphs 100% because they won't show you the stage, speed, decay, punch, etc... To me, graphs are helpful to check if there's a major flaw going on. Also, highs perception are highly dependent on how the bass is boosted and most people have reported O2 as being fatigue-free/darkish treble IEM and the bass somehow better than KPE (punchier and texture) - I know it looks hard to achieve because KPE is already fantastic in this department but... those things graphs won't show to us, lol.

Anyway, Oxygen price should soon come down to KPE level... otherwise Tanchjim will have harder time to sell them due to fit issues.

Well, in this regard some people are having a hard time along with KPE due to the longer nozzle too. It's all about tips and ear's anatomy (to me they fit like a glove)... so a lottery for both cases.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #148 of 1,509
O2 fits me better than the KPE. I, too, don't put 100% faith in the graphs. They just show what frequencies are coming through at what level really. Sure they look quite similar between both IEMs, but what the O2 graph doesn't convey is the sense of added spaciousness over the KPE, the better tone/character to the mids, the clearer resolution and therefore ease with which one can pinpoint instrument locations, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back