Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 9, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #61 of 1,514
The EX1000 and Oxygen cannot be more different EX1k is bright and very technical, and Oxygen is more laid-back and well rounded. EX1000 bass lacks punch but has overall better dynamic/detail, Oxygen is more punchy and has more emotion. Unfortunately I have not hear Kanas pro, so I cant really compare the 2.

I love the combination of the sound signature and the well tuned bass the most, I think there are a few IEMs within the its price range that has better bass, but usually they have a very aggressive V shaped signature.
how they sound compared to Final E5000?

Mar 9, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #66 of 1,514
The EX1000 and Oxygen cannot be more different EX1k is bright and very technical, and Oxygen is more laid-back and well rounded. EX1000 bass lacks punch but has overall better dynamic/detail, Oxygen is more punchy and has more emotion. Unfortunately I have not hear Kanas pro, so I cant really compare the 2.

I love the combination of the sound signature and the well tuned bass the most, I think there are a few IEMs within the its price range that has better bass, but usually they have a very aggressive V shaped signature.

Thank you for your answer. My perception between EX1000 and Kanas Pro is almost same with your perception between EX1000 to Oxygen. and combined with statement from @IryxBRO, it match that Oxygen have similar sound signature with Kanas Pro, and from what i get, they have better bass compared to Kanas Pro.

So Oxygen is like slight refinement to Kanas Pro, better bass texture and extension, and darker a bit from Kanas Pro, and maybe more open sounding / has bigger soundstage (yet to be confirmed again) but I don't think its worth for me, at least for now since I already have Kanas Pro and EX1000.
For those who doesnt have one of them, you can get Kanas Pro for $160-180 or this great Oxygen for $270

Mar 9, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #67 of 1,514
Thank you for your answer. My perception between EX1000 and Kanas Pro is almost same with your perception between EX1000 to Oxygen. and combined with statement from @IryxBRO, it match that Oxygen have similar sound signature with Kanas Pro, and from what i get, they have better bass compared to Kanas Pro.

So Oxygen is like slight refinement to Kanas Pro, better bass texture and extension, and darker a bit from Kanas Pro, and maybe more open sounding / has bigger soundstage (yet to be confirmed again) but I don't think its worth for me, at least for now since I already have Kanas Pro and EX1000.
For those who doesnt have one of them, you can get Kanas Pro for $160-180 or this great Oxygen for $270
it cant have better bass extension than KP

Mar 9, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #68 of 1,514
it cant have better bass extension than KP

why not? KP bass is very good but not the best.. EX1000 still better, oxygen can be better than KPE

Mar 9, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #69 of 1,514
why not? KP bass is very good but not the best.. EX1000 still better, oxygen can be better than KPE
KP extend beyond human hearing limit, under 20hz and rising, when you have that there is no "better" extention because is already beyond the limit, i am talking about extention of the bass(how low they can go without drop off), not the bass quality

Mar 9, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #70 of 1,514
KP extend beyond human hearing limit, under 20hz and rising, when you have that there is no "better" extention because is already beyond the limit, i am talking about extention of the bass(how low they can go without drop off), not the bass quality

Right, sorry bout that, they maybe go same down low there. I dont have oxygen, only found this quite capable iem from reviews. On my radar but still far away from buying it.

Mar 9, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #71 of 1,514
Right, sorry bout that, they maybe go same down low there. I dont have oxygen, only found this quite capable iem from reviews. On my radar but still far away from buying it.
i am very interested how they compare to the Final E5000, i have them and they are warm and smooth, they are in similar price category too

Mar 9, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #72 of 1,514
I just received Oxygen this afternoon, and the Oxygen is definitely not darker than KPE, and is noticeably more open, spacious, & resolving. And this is fresh out of the box compared to my KPE which has 60-70 hours on it.

I am quite impressed with Oxygen so far.... Damn. Oxygen holds it price difference over KPE for sure.

That sounds good! I mean I don't need more sub-bass since it hits perfect on KPE but would you say Oxygen is punchier than KPE? Do cymbals and hi-hats still have a good extension? Usually, darkish IEMs fails to impress me on this regard.

Oh, the itch to buy it...

Mar 9, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #73 of 1,514
...and in-between there is EX800ST for about 220$.
Would be interesting comparison - EX800ST vs. Oxygen vs. E5000

Mar 10, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #74 of 1,514
I wanna see tsmr 3 pro Vs tanchjim oxygen! According to audio123 the tsmr are better for vocals which is why I might grab them somewhen in the future. I also have a kpe coming in about a week's time so very interested times right now!

@SilverLodestar when is your oxygens arriving? I am also a vocal lover just like you and your comparison would be very interesting. Btw is kpe your best vocal sounding iem? because I don't think I ever heard your impressions of them.

Mar 10, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #75 of 1,514
I wanna see tsmr 3 pro Vs tanchjim oxygen! According to audio123 the tsmr are better for vocals which is why I might grab them somewhen in the future. I also have a kpe coming in about a week's time so very interested times right now!

@SilverLodestar when is your oxygens arriving? I am also a vocal lover just like you and your comparison would be very interesting. Btw is kpe your best vocal sounding iem? because I don't think I ever heard your impressions of them.
My Oxygens are taking their sweet time across the ocean right now. I should have them in maybe 2 weeks or less.

In my personal opinion, I think the Andromeda S have the best vocals I’ve ever heard in an IEM. They’re unbelievable: dense, forward, thick, full, extremely high in resolution and texture. The KPE can sound a tad thin if you’re not used to it’s sound signature. Vocals sound quite nice and well-defined after some acclamation, but they’re not extremely forward or anything. I feel like male vocals on the KPE can suffer from a slight lack of body, but that meaty sub-bass kinda makes up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back