Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 16, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #227 of 1,514
Sound, Sound, Sound :o2smile:

At 4 hours burn in and 1 hour listening to some psytrance I have to concur with the other assessments saying that they best the KP. :)

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #229 of 1,514
Apr 16, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #231 of 1,514
Why do You care? If You enjoy hell out of KPE, then forget about "better" as it is subjective and according to graphs they are tuned very similar. There is always something "better"!
Considering fit issues and higher price tag - I personally find KPE having better overall value, but this is just my subjective opinion and I haven`t heard oxygen yet.

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #232 of 1,514
Why do You care? If You enjoy hell out of KPE, then forget about "better" as it is subjective and according to graphs they are tuned very similar. There is always something "better"!
Considering fit issues and higher price tag - I personally find KPE having better overall value, but this is just my subjective opinion and I haven`t heard oxygen yet.
it was interesting to me because they measure very close, but i am done with DD earphones, the KP and Final E5000 are great and i like them very much, i am not buying another dynamic, however i am exploring my BA weakness right now :dizzy_face:

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #234 of 1,514

I have no fit issues with the Oxygen. Fit and comfort is excellent for me, better than most in general and KP in particular.

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #235 of 1,514
Please tell us about the BL1. :) I had two products from Toneking, the SW3 and the T88K. Both were very good.
Since you own a T88K, could you tell me the soundstage of it? Possibly a brief review because I'm torn between it and the Oxygen..

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #236 of 1,514
I have no fit issues with the Oxygen. Fit and comfort is excellent for me, better than most in general and KP in particular.
Great for You! :thumbsup:

But in general feedback and by just looking at pics - it is clear that many will have fit issue due to short nozzle and its angle. I`ve had IEM`s in past with very similar shape and size and I know for sure I would be having issues with it. Though, I know also how I might overcome that issue with certain tips.
Another example with/for my ears is Ikko OH1 - worst fit shape and angle I`ve ever tried! No solutions for that IEM as its housing is just no-go for my ear shape (I have small ears and ear-canals.
If oxygen had came later and KPE didn´t have lower price + discount I had and oxygen had better shape - I would had jumped on it probably.
But I`m set with KPE :)

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #237 of 1,514
I had them two and half years ago. Its hard to remember but the only thing i know is that i am not really impressed of it. Maybe i had the wrong player/dap. The stage was nearly on par with the oxygen but it was not so holographic. The instruments sounds flat. It was like you sit in front of two big speakers but the instruments were not layered. The SW3 was many times better than the T88K. But as i said, maybe i had the wrong player (Onkyo DP-S1) for the T88K. I sold them to a friend and he said, that it was one of the best iems that he ever heard. He powered them on a Sony WM1A. I can recommend you the oxygen. For me it is one of the best iems that i ever heard! :)

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #238 of 1,514
is not a surprise yes, tell us more about Toneking BL1 i saw you added it to you signature :o2smile:

Please tell us about the BL1. :) I had two products from Toneking, the SW3 and the T88K. Both were very good.

Well, coming from the KP I had a What moment when I initially listened to the BL1, basically they sounded veiled with significant weight in lower midrange and recessed upper midrange, midrange is quite the opposite to that of KP (and to that of Oxygen to a lesser extent) to my ears. Bass feels relatively flat with some mild midbass emphasis and there is, or rather there was as this seems to be going away, a quite high treble spike. Despite all this they quickly grew on me and I like them a lot now. I have no regret purchasing them. If I am not mistaken, this is the only full range micro planar available, at least for a reasonable price (just a little over £100 with the sale rebates and coupons) and its performance is not disappointing..

Apr 16, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #239 of 1,514
Guys, before pulling the trigger I'd like to know how is the sub-bass compared to KPE. Can you guys listen to this song and say whether its rumble and all lows information is comparable or better than KPE?

Jon Hopkins - Emerald Rush

or this one:

audio123's review gives me the impression that is better, but others say KPE has more sub-bass but with less bass texture and kinda "dry" mid-bass when compared to O2. So I have mixed feelings about the sub-bass.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #240 of 1,514
All I can say is:
1) consider Your source gear/amping sound signature in equasion and "add it up" to IEM
2) be sure about Your HEARING response - if You don`t like a bit raised mid-bass (like I do), then KPE is OK and no need to "upgrade".

Imho, KPE mid-bass is not "dry" and has great texture, it is just damn FLAT in mid-bass, which is hard feature to find among most chi-fi IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back