Talk me out of the iPhone
Nov 3, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #31 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by callmevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only get the Iphone if u want to own an Iphone or.. u just cant it out of ur head...

If ure out for an all-in-one solution then, ud be better of with a blackberry bold, SE xperia, htc touch pro..

if u want an iphone substitute then get a nokia e71..

btw, i find that the need to use itunes for all of apples portable solutions to be very arbitrary..

I completely disagree with this. The E71 is in no way an iPhone replacement. I can't even see any comparison with the two. Other than the fact that they are both phones.

The E71 is comparable and IMO better than the bold. The E71 and BB range are business devices. The iPhone is not IMO. The iPhone is aimed at the young fashion conscious market who are quite happy to stick with the stock buds. And I'm not saying this is always the case before anyone jumps on me!!
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #32 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On screen keyboards suck, ATT sucks, no real time GPS, can't use it as a modem, no cut and paste, crappy 2mp camera, no Flash, no Stereo Bluetooth, no MMS messaging, no video recording...

If I were you I could strongly consider the HTC Touch Pro, HTC Titan (xv6800), or Blackberry

umm you know that A-GPS tends to be better all around for phones right? Have you ever used the iPhone?

Nov 3, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #35 of 94
I'd have to be another iphone supporter, I tend to hate most apple products and itunes still gripes me (tho not so much with multiplugin teehee). The only issues I have with the iphone are the horrid camera and the no MMS mesaging (which u can actually get an uhh app for ^^).
The user interface is remarkable. It is simple and straightforward. Overall the best phone I've seen or used.

Dave

Nov 4, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #36 of 94
I love my iPhone but my main phone is a Blackberry Curve on Sprint (SERO!!!) which has surprisingly great audio quality esp. with the 4.5 update which includes an equalizer.

Nov 4, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #37 of 94
Blackberry Bold over iPhone anytime.

new javelin isn't bad either - minus 3G, but with better screen resolution and better camera. And the new BB software is the best I've seen in PDAs yet.

Nov 4, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #39 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On screen keyboards suck, ATT sucks, no real time GPS, can't use it as a modem, no cut and paste, crappy 2mp camera, no Flash, no Stereo Bluetooth, no MMS messaging, no video recording...

If I were you I could strongly consider the HTC Touch Pro, HTC Titan (xv6800), or Blackberry

all these things can be achieved by pwning it. not sure about the stereo bluetooth though but blue tooth audio suck balls

Nov 4, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #40 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
all these things can be achieved by pwning it. not sure about the stereo bluetooth though but blue tooth audio suck balls

Agreed, but you shouldn't have to jailbreak just to get features that other phones have had for 10 years! No MMS??? Ha ha ha. What Dr Ugs are Apple on? Really? No Bluetooth file transfer? Again, stop taking drugs Mr Jobbs, STOP!

Nov 4, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #41 of 94
no mms yes but why not just email??? its free

Nov 4, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #42 of 94
the line out ion the iphone is actually quite amazing. sure there are things that other phones may do better, but for the whole package done well with a good UI; iphone cant be beat IMO. even the battery life has improved massively since iphone os 2.1. the mobile safari webbrowser is pretty bloody awesome too. I quite often cruize head0-fi on it and head-fi is actually a pretty demanding site. I can PM make posts everything

Nov 4, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #43 of 94
Headfi is a demanding site... ?? where ?
iPhone doesnt play any flash content so it is loading half the internet. :p

Nov 4, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #44 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He didn't mention A-GPS at all, do you know what you're talking about?

A-GPS is assisted GPS. It contacts local cell towers and pull GPS satellite coordinates from it to help it acquire a faster signal. GPS using the SIRFStar III chipset can acquire a signal in roughly 30-40 seconds with a cold start. An A-GPS device can acquire a signal in 5-10 seconds. Almost all modern phones with "GPS" have A-GPS.

Also to ring in on the iPhone debate, I worked at a design firm during the summer as an IT manager. Blackberry is the way to go, Exchange integration is icing on the cake. Have your work email pushed to you while at lunch or on a call is great. The blackberry push is quick and it gets the job done. If you just need to have email, make calls and stay in contact reliably, get a blackberry.

iPhone, on the other hand, is also great fun but should not be used in a business enviroment IMHO. The iPhone proves at more times am awful distraction(although it is fun). It is a great convergence device. However, MobileMe still needs to work out alot of kinks.

I, myself, own both. I use the iPhone 2G for home and personal calls. I use my Curve for work and email. I get all my emailed pushed to my Curve. The iPhone is fun to have and browsing is hella fun, but its just not the look I want to convey to clients and/or colleagues. It takes some jumbling around when going places though. When at work, I usually leave my iPhone on my desk and carry my Curve with me, and vice versa for when I'm at home or getting things while in Atlanta.

All it comes down to is what you want. I can't tell you not to get one or the other. If you want it get it.

Nov 4, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #45 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no mms yes but why not just email??? its free

Yes, this is fine when the recipient has an email enabled phone. Not everybody does. If Im in the pub and a friend wants a photo from my phone, the first port of call is bluetooth, second is MMS, email never gets a look in because not enough people have email access configured on their phone.

iPhone = Not good enough. It has it's place in society though just as everything does. It's popular because it's simple and looks like an iPod.

Also, I may be wrong here but I don't think it has direction based GPS does it? So basically it can show you where you are on a map and tell you if there's a hotel nearby etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back