Talk me out of the iPhone
Nov 3, 2008 at 9:09 AM Post #17 of 94
For me, my BB Curve doesn't do EVERYTHING you've asked for, but it's better than the 3G iPhone my roommate has. It (the iPhone) is very slow and random with how fast it gets and receives texts from other phones, has poor reception (compared to Verizon), and somehow stopped working when my roommate accidentally fell into a pool with it during Halloween.
icon10.gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 9:11 AM Post #18 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, my BB Curve doesn't do EVERYTHING you've asked for, but it's better than the 3G iPhone my roommate has. It (the iPhone) is very slow and random with how fast it gets and receives texts from other phones, has poor reception (compared to Verizon), and somehow stopped working when my roommate accidentally fell into a pool with it during Halloween.
icon10.gif

It didn't have the water proof app I take it?

Nov 3, 2008 at 9:14 AM Post #19 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It didn't have the water proof app I take it?

From what I saw before it took the dip, it had everything but that.
icon10.gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #20 of 94
price is too high, looks ugly, screen looks like a zippo after a while, touch screens are obnoxious, its a crappy apple product designed to target 15 year old girls with rich daddies, it requires itunes on your PC, which will spend 6 of every 24 hours updating, and require a restart (without doing so automatically when you aren't there)

not to mention it is massively overpriced for what it offers in terms of storage, is a theft magnet, considers the glass front panel to be the most durable component, can approach the price of an Asus Eee or entry level desktop PC, has that obnoxious "slide to unlock" feature, will sap you dry on monthly fees, in addition to the iphone software store

not to mention its quality as a DAP is about average, further making it overpriced

my name is obobskivich, I've been an apple hater for 8 years, and there is no 12-step program to fix it for me

personally I'd look at Palm, Blackberry, or the new Google phone

Nov 3, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #21 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
price is too high, looks ugly, screen looks like a zippo after a while, touch screens are obnoxious, its a crappy apple product designed to target 15 year old girls with rich daddies, it requires itunes on your PC, which will spend 6 of every 24 hours updating, and require a restart (without doing so automatically when you aren't there)

not to mention it is massively overpriced for what it offers in terms of storage, is a theft magnet, considers the glass front panel to be the most durable component, can approach the price of an Asus Eee or entry level desktop PC, has that obnoxious "slide to unlock" feature, will sap you dry on monthly fees, in addition to the iphone software store

not to mention its quality as a DAP is about average, further making it overpriced

my name is obobskivich, I've been an apple hater for 8 years, and there is no 12-step program to fix it for me

You've got issues. Is this Jerry Seinfeld?

Nov 3, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #22 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by mortonjl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've got issues. Is this Jerry Seinfeld?

naw
i just really dont like apple products and will use gross exagerations of how obnoxious they can be at times to make my point

like, i will literally exhaust any and all possible solutions to a problem before turning to something from apple, software or hardware

Nov 3, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #23 of 94
Quote:

apple haters united
beerchug.gif
+150€ bill each month
all apple products are overpriced and overrated
but it can run crysis at 1fps aint that awesome??
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 10:33 AM Post #25 of 94
The iPhone is great! I would strongly reccomend getting one, syncs with outlook no problems, thousands of apps, lots of free ones. good synergy with lots of headphones UE, Etys, Grado. beautiful design, user friendly. etc. etc. Its shortcomings ie bluetooth, mms you hardly notice after a day or so 'caus your blow away by how good everything else is!

Nov 3, 2008 at 10:36 AM Post #26 of 94
I don't mind my iPod Touch, it's thin and sounds sweet with my PK1s. Don't really use the app store but its a bonus. Browsing the web is ok but not a patch on the E71 with Opera Mini. Did I say I like Opera Mini!

Anyhoo, I agree that Apple target the younger end of the market but that just makes me feel like I'm down with the kids which I don't mind.

Posted from Oper Mini on my E71!! Ha ha

Nov 3, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #28 of 94
Quote:

lol, dude, at ~$500 i'd expect a better user interface methodology

i mean, yeah, its really cool that it has accelerometers and whatnot, but seriously, its like an overpriced toy, it isn't really practical

$500.00????

Nov 3, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #29 of 94
Here's my rant from another forum:

I think the iPhone is fine if you've ONLY ever lived in the Apple ecosystem, but for me the logic is totally weird.

One example: the iPhone has a huge amount of storage, but I can only put music on it via iTunes. Why? OK, let's be charitable and assume Steve has to protect his music ecosystem because some weird mp3 might melt the phone.

But what about just transferring data - like an Excel file which I can drag and drop to a thumbdrive and take home from the office. Nope, can't do that. Why not? I can do it on a five year old 256MB thumbdrive but not a 2008 16GB iPhone.

OK, let's accept that for whatever control freak reason you can ONLY use iTunes to transfer stuff. That would be horrible, but at least consistent. Turns out that's not right either. Consider photos: you can transfer them via iTunes TO the iPhone. But you can't transfer FROM the iPhone via iTunes. Instead you have to rely on WinXP (in my case) to recognise the iPhone as camera storage and transfer the photos you've taken with the iPhone using Explorer or some XP wizard. (Oh, and music can be in any folder, but photos have to be all under one master folder AFAIK. Why?)

By contrast, my WM phone connected as I expected: transfer whatever I want, both ways. Isn't that what even non-geeks would expect?

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #30 of 94
Only get the Iphone if u want to own an Iphone or.. u just cant it out of ur head...

If ure out for an all-in-one solution then, ud be better of with a blackberry bold, SE xperia, htc touch pro..

if u want an iphone substitute then get a nokia e71..

btw, i find that the need to use itunes for all of apples portable solutions to be very arbitrary..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back