Talk me out of the iPhone
Nov 14, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #62 of 94

Big G

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Posts
184
Likes
0
Do it!

The iphone 3g is far better audio quality than my previous iphone 2g, and any previous Ipod I owned before that.

My HF-1's and Denon D2000's sound great straight outta the headphone jack to my surprise!...and no audible background hiss / noise as with the previous iphone.

For me the audio quality alone, over my previous iphone / ipods, is worth the price of admission.
 
Nov 14, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #63 of 94

leveller1642

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Posts
638
Likes
14
For me, the most convincing reason not to buy an iPhone is that it will mean being screwed by Apple and the telecommunication companies for the duration of the contract.

I currently pay 10 cents a minute for mobile calls and $39 a month for 5GBs of 3G. One company charges 80 cents a minute on a iPhone contact.

I am really pissed with Apple that I cannot buy an iPhone outright.
 
Nov 14, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #64 of 94
Joined
May 22, 2008
Posts
2,423
Likes
211
the iphone is totally and completely awesome. but AT&T service totally sucks. every person I know who has it, only complains about calls being dropped. I would wait till apple gets out of their contract and goes to a more reliable network, then get it.
 
Nov 14, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #65 of 94

thoughtcriminal

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Posts
483
Likes
37
For the money, you can get a cowon d2 and a real smartphone.
And thats for locked.

To buy an unlocked iphone... ouch

If you are dead set on an all in one (really not a good idea from a sq point of view) you are probably better off with an HTC Fuse or maybe a Tilt. Unless you don't plan on ever trying to type anything longer than a standard text message (and thats a stretch)
 
Nov 14, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #66 of 94

krmathis

Head-Fi's Most Prolific Poster
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Posts
34,761
Likes
76
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HiFiRE. So, how do we do?
wink.gif

Have we been able to talk you out of it already, or do you still need reasons why not to buy an iPhone?



Obviously not...
frown.gif


Guys and girls, I think we need stronger arguments!
 
Nov 14, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #68 of 94

edart

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Posts
237
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headfi is a demanding site... ?? where ?
iPhone doesnt play any flash content so it is loading half the internet. :p



Is not 3/4 of the net pron and adverts!
wink.gif
 
Nov 15, 2008 at 8:48 AM Post #69 of 94

nvkid909

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Posts
290
Likes
11
i much preferred having smartphone or walkman phone AND an ipod. had to send ipod to repair so i still had other sounds.

it's just personal preference. if you see iphone & it sings to you, just get it.

me, i just will not go contract phone.
 
Nov 23, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #70 of 94

Kicksonrt66

Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Posts
99
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you browsed the apps for the iPhone? There are about a dozen that are incredibly handy for me, like the HP 12C emulator.
...
Maybe there are shortcomings, but no other phone offers me so much.



You could get an HP12c emulator free for a Palm Treo (all apps not using the phone service are likely to be cheaper or free since the app writer doesn't have to pay a license fee). The other thing you could get with a Treo (since it doesn't have to be ATT) is in-network coverage in my state.
 
Nov 23, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #71 of 94

nullPointerException

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Posts
121
Likes
12
apple is like bose, it's products are not really that bad, but being a well known brand name who puts so much money into advertizeing and the such, it is very overpriced, could get much beter with the amount of money you would be spending. and is it not better to be an individual then to bwe like everyone else and get the Iphone?
 
Nov 23, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #72 of 94

hockeyb213

BANNED: BAD TRADER
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Posts
2,990
Likes
10
I disagree apples product is unlike bose because apple product actually preforms and try and find a equivalent to something like a ipod touch because nothing else compares. Apple is slightly overpriced but you get what you pay for a company that truly backs their product and most of the time is free of bugs and works seamlessly well apple may not be a god they sure as hell is not a comparable corporation to bose. And as far as advertising goes....how else do you gain customers? Most companies put a lot of cash into advertising because that is what gets them business there is nothing wrong with it.
 
Nov 24, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #74 of 94

akki007

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Posts
331
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still think that you should get the iPhone. You know that you want to do it!
wink_face.gif



I thought the whole iPhone craze had passed now? Are people still buying them?
 
Nov 24, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #75 of 94

Vandaahl

New Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Posts
36
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by akki007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the whole iPhone craze had passed now? Are people still buying them?


I actually sold my iPod Classic the other day because I want to buy an iPhone next year (without contract). I want a good MP3 player and phone in one, and the iPhone seems to be perfect for that. I'm also considering something from HTC, but I'm not convinced those have great sound quality (for music). I know the HTC Diamond does not, but maybe the HTC Touch HD does (which seems like a very nice phone).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top