Talk about a pricey amp! Sheesh
Aug 7, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your equipment list is onerous and takes space. I suggest you streamline your list the way everybody does. Of course is your prerogative but I think a lot of people will find your posts annoying having to scroll through all that. Just my $0.02.

I agree. No offense, lewislink. But we don't need to know your top 5 or top 10 or whatever. We just/might wanna see what's on the top of your list(s), maximum. That's about it. Think about those with small resolution screens!

Now, back to topic. $500. There's the Triad Lisa III and Rudistor XJ-03 within that price range. The Pico is $329. Amp-wise.

But yeah, IMO, if you enjoy maximum neutrality, go for the iQube.

Aug 7, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #17 of 24
The iQube have been talked about a lot around here.
Its looks nice and all, but not sure if I personally would have paid $500 for it. In that price area there are lots of other strong candidates

Aug 7, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #18 of 24
can someone expain this?

I dont quite understand what everyone means by neutrality, everyone is stating that the iqube is so neutral, does that mean its boring or not as fun?

No one seems to say the rsa predator is neutral but more lively and "colored" Does this equate to a muddier imaging?

Im kinda confused is neutral suppost to be good or what?

I want sound that is crystal clear but fun and engaging also

can anyone answer?

Aug 7, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadneddz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can someone expain this?

I dont quite understand what everyone means by neutrality, everyone is stating that the iqube is so neutral, does that mean its boring or not as fun?

No one seems to say the rsa predator is neutral but more lively and "colored" Does this equate to a muddier imaging?

Im kinda confused is neutral suppost to be good or what?

I want sound that is crystal clear but fun and engaging also

can anyone answer?

Neutral used in the audio amp context loosely means that it does not change the nature of the sound it merely adds gain. There used to be an old 70s/80s saying that the best amp would be a straight wire with gain. This stems form a philosophical stance that HiFi meaning High Fidelity should be as true to the original as possible, neither adding nor taking away.

But that is just one way of looking at the world...

Aug 7, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #20 of 24
Actually, the value of that amp is not truly known mainly because it is being sold in a time where the USD is inflating like a balloon. I mean, I can imagine it being less than 500 USD if it was made in the US or even if the USD was strong as it was (compared to the EURO) a year ago, remember, this AMP is made in the EU.

The issue with portable amps that are around the 500 USD mark are tricky.

LISA III is so large that it seems to lend itself as a non-portable amp.

Rudistor XJ is honestly a mystery so far since no one has provided feedback here.

Larocco PR2 and Diablo you might need to pay alot to find these guys now.

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #21 of 24
Well, currently, the main amp brands I see as supremely valued for their esoteric quality products among us are:

Ray Samuels portable amps
HeadAmp

There are, of course, other brands like Practical Devices, Gary's among others, butg the two brands above seem to be the audiophile's preference.

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #22 of 24
Lewis we have spoken on many different threads and the iqube has benn mentioned im sure when we have conversed!!
In response to its worth it is expensive i agree but it pairs well with my source and i have yet to throw a hp at it that it didnt improve markedly!
Its also listed in my signature that i own that amp and has been for couple monnths now!!
Do you skip everyone elses signatures but expect us to read yours lmao??
Is that you considering amping now lewis?

Aug 7, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, currently, the main amp brands I see as supremely valued for their esoteric quality products among us are:

Ray Samuels portable amps
HeadAmp

There are, of course, other brands like Practical Devices, Gary's among others, butg the two brands above seem to be the audiophile's preference.

Boy, you sure have some reading up to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back