Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 12, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #530 of 4,535
I am very happy that they do so, in fact, power to them! They are the sole reason I was even able to find and get to know the Pro 82, so all my love to them too :hearts:. In fact, I wish I could do the same, but the number of my hobbies ends up sucking up my wallet. And it's been a fight even to buy the Objective 2 for this little piece of hardware, which I understand the benefits of...

Syill, my worst addiction are mechanical keyboards, and even then, I need to self control... Otherwise I'd already have buckling springs keyboard (the F62 or F77, which alone cost over 350$, can't even imagine an ISO version of them...) and a good Topre keyboard like the 88UB or 105UB, which cost around... 250€. And I don't have any of them, because money :p I've been lucky enough to get my Turtle Beach Impact 500 for 55€ (promo) and now a Ducky One RGB (second hand) for 80€.

Dec 12, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #531 of 4,535
I am very happy that they do so, in fact, power to them! They are the sole reason I was even able to find and get to know the Pro 82, so all my love to them too :hearts:. In fact, I wish I could do the same, but the number of my hobbies ends up sucking up my wallet. And it's been a fight even to buy the Objective 2 for this little piece of hardware, which I understand the benefits of...

Syill, my worst addiction are mechanical keyboards, and even then, I need to self control... Otherwise I'd already have buckling springs keyboard (the F62 or F77, which alone cost over 350$, can't even imagine an ISO version of them...) and a good Topre keyboard like the 88UB or 105UB, which cost around... 250€. And I don't have any of them, because money :p I've been lucky enough to get my Turtle Beach Impact 500 for 55€ (promo) and now a Ducky One RGB (second hand) for 80€.
I us
I have 2 now, so... I win at not spending money? :grin:
I currently have 3 headphones, all takstar! Pro 80, HI 2050, and Pro 82. So I win over you only by 1 margin :L3000:

I've owned these before:
Philips SHP 2700, Sennheiser HD 437, Audio Technica ATH TAD300
All low-midrange headphones, can't afford the high end ones..

Dec 12, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #534 of 4,535
Dec 12, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #535 of 4,535
You crazy guys... need ear implants. :ksc75smile:
And where do you guys store all that stuff?!?
:headphones::headphones::headphones::headphones::headphones::headphones::headphones::headphones::headphones::headphones:

LOL... well, at least speaking for myself, I admit that I'm wacky for having that many... as for where I keep them, well, all over the place... I have several pair at work -- three on my desk, two on headphone stands and one hanging from a headphone hanger, and then four or five more in my office on headphone stands elsewhere or in cases, and then 2 more that are more or less permanently loaned to a co-worker who enjoys them.

At home, I have four hanging on my wall by my desk, one on a stand in front of my keyboard, one on a headphone stand on my nightstand, and then the rest in cases, in drawers and in my closet, ready to pick when I want a "change of ear", so to speak.

IMG_1640.jpg

Dec 12, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #536 of 4,535
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sho...ictures-please.529140/page-1456#post-13730892

I do it like this...

I have a few more peg boards setup beyond those pictured too now.

Nice.. I was looking for a picture of my big drawer o' headphones-in-cases, but I couldn't find it... :D Right now, I have five drawers, plus the big ones in the big cases (DT 880 Pro, Fischer Audio FA-011, Fostex T50RP MK3 and T20RP MK3, among others) which are just in their cases in my closet on racks.

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #537 of 4,535
+1, yes, and you win at SANITY. Stay sane if you can .... but Head-Fi can be bad for that goal... :o2smile:

I know how these communities go, like I said, I've been resisting the mech keyboard one, but it's been... Harder for me. 4 keyboards (don't regret them though, I still use 3 regularly, probably will sell one), but the key sets did hurt a bit. But I'm a lot less picky about sound than I am with writing, so there's that.

But to be honest, I feel very happy with the current setup. 82 Pro for home, another for the job, an O2 and later the DAC. More than enough for me. Not planning on buying 300€ headphones for now :wink:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sho...ictures-please.529140/page-1456#post-13730892

I do it like this...

I have a few more peg boards setup beyond those pictured too now.

Let me just say: holy ****! Have you ever... considered selling at least some? Or do you use those for reviews and comparisons?

Dec 12, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #538 of 4,535
Maybe I got lucky they have stock when I ordered :darthsmile::darthsmile:

For audio source I use Topping D2 DAC connected to my laptop. I also have ordered replament cable from your link in first post.
td2.jpg
D2 seems to be a decent DAC if you don't use USB and don't have the 60Hz noise issue that so many people have complained about.
I've been eying NX4 DSD, but can't find any information about the opamps used there, afraid they use MAX97xxx.
Otherwise it seems like a perfect DAC/Amp at a perfect price - the latest portable Sabre ship, gain selector, bass boost, can be used as just a DAC or just an amp, looks gorgeous:
upload_2017-12-12_17-2-19.png

It's so new, it's not even on Topping's site:
http://www.tpdz.net/en/products.htm

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #539 of 4,535
I have 120+... :floatsmile:

Was only counting over the ear.. not everything :p

Let me just say: holy ****! Have you ever... considered selling at least some? Or do you use those for reviews and comparisons?

I have some duplicates I will probably sell or trade. But for the most part plan on keeping them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back