Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 28, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #2,671 of 4,535
Here is a measurement of a recent Pro 82 v2 - "Silver #5".
Purchased by a colleague during one of the recent sales on Ali.
upload_2019-5-28_17-25-57.png

upload_2019-5-28_17-27-59.png

upload_2019-5-28_17-28-25.png

For unmatched drivers (who would match drivers for a 60$ headphone???), this is nothing short of amazing.
Takstar must have one hell of Quality Assurance department - not only drivers in the same headphone measure closely, but different headphones purchased months apart do too.

May 28, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #2,672 of 4,535
I need help deciding guys. I've heard these have good imaging but not too wide soundstage.

I'm looking to pick these up for competitive fps shooters mainly, are there better options under 100$ range? I'm currently torn between these or shp9500. Anyone uses these for games like pubg or csgo?

Thanks in advance.

May 28, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #2,673 of 4,535
Here are the measurements of Cooler Master MH751:
upload_2019-5-29_1-10-3.png

upload_2019-5-29_1-10-22.png

Here is a comparison with Pro 82 v2:
upload_2019-5-29_1-11-29.png

As you can see, MH751 is boosted up to 5-6 dBs under 230Hz.
I don't know if this boost is a result of retuned drivers, larger cups or different pads, but it comes at a cost of SQ - and not just in the bass region, tonality is off by more than FR would suggest.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #2,674 of 4,535
Here are the measurements of Cooler Master MH751:

Here is a comparison with Pro 82 v2:

As you can see, MH751 is boosted up to 5-6 dBs under 230Hz.
I don't know if this boost is a result of retuned drivers, larger cups or different pads, but it comes at a cost of SQ - and not just in the bass region, tonality is off by more than FR would suggest.

you can ez eq it,add a low shelf from 200hz by -4db and should solve it,and you need to eq the dip on 4khz to 5.5khz on both pro 82 v2 and mh751 to fix electic guitars and vocals sounding reccessed otherwise they just sound wrong.I like the mh751 with eq,but without eq stock form id take creative aurvana live 1 anytime.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #2,675 of 4,535
you can ez eq it,add a low shelf from 200hz by -4db and should solve it,and you need to eq the dip on 4khz to 5.5khz on both pro 82 v2 and mh751 to fix electic guitars and vocals sounding reccessed otherwise they just sound wrong.I like the mh751 with eq,but without eq stock form id take creative aurvana live 1 anytime.
Don't know about MH751, but Pro 82 definitely doesn't need any EQ - guitars and vocals sound very natural.

May 29, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #2,676 of 4,535
Are you guys using the bass boost on pro 82? I find the middle (1 hole) to be the best sounding of all three.

Top position (no holes) seems a bit lacking and bottom position (2 holes) forces too much and reduces sound quality.

May 29, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #2,677 of 4,535
Are you guys using the bass boost on pro 82? I find the middle (1 hole) to be the best sounding of all three.

I too prefer the middle bass option on the Pro 82.

May 30, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #2,679 of 4,535
I recently bought CM MH 751 because some reviews claimed they are the best cans under $100. To be honest that's not how I feel. In terms of frequency balance they're quite OK, nothing stands out. Bass is warm but not overwhelming (like on Cloud Alpha) but mids are thin and recessed, I also feel that mids and bass are detached like some upper bass is missing slightly. Highs are OK, pronounced a bit but clean enough and everything. Sound stage is very decent too. If I listen to them side by side with some other cans, I would rather choose juicer sounding Cloud Alpha (even though I don't like such overwhelming bass, but I would sacrifice that part for fuller mids and better sound-staging) or AKG K92 (again fuller mids, better connected to the bass). Even Samson SR850 I consider analytical sounds a bit juicer in the mids and punchier in the bass. One thing I have to praise is build quality and crazy good comfort, they are the coziest set I ever tried.

I made a video too:

May 30, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #2,680 of 4,535
I agree. As an owner of several sets of Pro 82, I found the MH751/752 to be disappointing. Had I not stupidly forgot about and missed my Amazon return window by 2 days, I would have returned them rather than keeping them.

Now the Takstar HI-3050/HF 580 planar headphones, on the other hand, are a considerable step up from the Pro 82, in my opinion. The two problems with them, unfortunately, are (1) price creep (US$160 shipped when I bought my first set, now up to US$190 shipped), and more importantly (2) availability. Takstar can't keep up with demand to keep quantity in stock at Aliexpress, which appears to be the only source right now.

May 30, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #2,681 of 4,535
I was actually keen on ordering Pro 82 but changed my mind after seeing MH 751 praised highly at Z-reviews. Thought I can get equally good sound with even better finish, guess I was wrong. Thanks for the info about Pro 82 sounding better, I'll give them a try sometimes.

May 30, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #2,682 of 4,535
I was actually keen on ordering Pro 82 but changed my mind after seeing MH 751 praised highly at Z-reviews. Thought I can get equally good sound with even better finish, guess I was wrong. Thanks for the info about Pro 82 sounding better, I'll give them a try sometimes.
Do it, Zeos make mistakes sometimes. I had the MH752 for some time too and i have to say that the original Pro 82 is much better. Give it a try, you will not regret it.

May 30, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #2,683 of 4,535
I agree. As an owner of several sets of Pro 82, I found the MH751/752 to be disappointing. Had I not stupidly forgot about and missed my Amazon return window by 2 days, I would have returned them rather than keeping them.
Do it, Zeos make mistakes sometimes. I had the MH752 for some time too and i have to say that the original Pro 82 is much better. Give it a try, you will not regret it.
I recently bought CM MH 751 because some reviews claimed they are the best cans under $100. To be honest that's not how I feel. In terms of frequency balance they're quite OK, nothing stands out. Bass is warm but not overwhelming (like on Cloud Alpha) but mids are thin and recessed, I also feel that mids and bass are detached like some upper bass is missing slightly. Highs are OK, pronounced a bit but clean enough and everything. Sound stage is very decent too. If I listen to them side by side with some other cans, I would rather choose juicer sounding Cloud Alpha (even though I don't like such overwhelming bass, but I would sacrifice that part for fuller mids and better sound-staging) or AKG K92 (again fuller mids, better connected to the bass). Even Samson SR850 I consider analytical sounds a bit juicer in the mids and punchier in the bass. One thing I have to praise is build quality and crazy good comfort, they are the coziest set I ever tried.

I made a video too:

Good to see we all agree. MH751/2 isn't quite what Zeos painted it to be. I don't have Cloud Alphas, but I would prefer Pro 80 (on which Alphas are based) to MH751 for sure.
Not to mention Pro 81 or Pro 82 :jecklinsmile:

Lately, Zeos has become really bad at describing headphones - I still don't understand what he thinks about Pro 82's sound, and his review of the "best closed headphone" Neumann NDH20 left me wondering about its sound too.
I think something may be off with his hearing.

May 30, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #2,684 of 4,535
Good to see we all agree. MH751/2 isn't quite what Zeos painted it to be. I don't have Cloud Alphas, but I would prefer Pro 80 (on which Alphas are based) to MH751 for sure.
Not to mention Pro 81 or Pro 82 :jecklinsmile:

Lately, Zeos has become really bad at describing headphones - I still don't understand what he thinks about Pro 82's sound, and his review of the "best closed headphone" Neumann NDH20 left me wondering about its sound too.
I think something may be off with his hearing.
mabye the pro 82 is a bit better or a bit different tuning than mh751,but im sure the mh751 is superior to pro 80 and alpha in music,i had the pro 80 the cloud rebrand and its actually better than alpha in my opinion,alpha has way to much bass,even more than old clouds still its a bit lower quality and start to fall into one note bommy bass which i hate and way to much warm sounding and its a bit muffled sounding seems they tryed to copy beats signature lul.Cal 1 is also better than old clouds for music.Between cal and mh751 its hard to say,id personaly take cal 1 since comfort and sound leak and the small soundstage of cal dosent bother me,but id recommend mh751 to someone since sound is as good as cal 1 for music and better for gaming with better comfort.I will do a long detailed review here between cal and mh751 in future maybe will include the pro 80 rebrand old clouds.

May 31, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #2,685 of 4,535
So the reason for the different sound between the old and new MH752 was physical damage?
The new one sure seems to be identical sounding to MH751 - I will publish the measurements of MH751 later today.
I know that you have MiniDSP EARS too - would be interesting to see your measurements of Pro 82 v1 and new MH752.

Well, yes...mostly. Wrecking that plastic to fit the wire allowed too much air to exit giving a rather deep V-shaped sound (compared to the other Takstars). There is also the factor of the foam rings around the back of the baffles that were present on the first headset and nowhere to be found on the second one.

I'll hopefully squeeze in some measuring in this weekend with my second MH752 with stock pads. I already have V1 stock pad measurements but I have different pads on those right now so I'll be needing to measure those too. As a preview, here's how the three un-wrecked headphones are padded:

- V1: Brainwavz MDR V6 perforated Pleather pads https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FSPF3YV/
- V2: Krone Kalpasmos hybrid pads with the stock pad rings and foam (what a doozy to make them fit as if they were stock pads!) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JN7FR3W
- CM: Uh...SteelSeries Arctis pads? I had to cut out some foam rings but that's another post. Or you could just, see my review and photos on the amazon page https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07537RVWL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back