Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 19, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #2,372 of 4,535
Hi.
Earlier I had a Takstar TS 671 model, these are fine earphones with a huge scene. Somebody knows as scene volume corresponds in Takstar Pro82 and Takstar TS 671?
Or there can be what other earphones have so many volume scene?
Thank you.

If you care allot for soundstage you are probably looking for open headphones, and if you also want good soundquality/price, some posts ago GuywholikesHIFI recommended OKCSC M2, these are open as well and based on opinions on here they probably sound great considering the price. (I did not consider them because they are open and they look flimsy and not that good)

Just as a suggestion, the OKCSC M2 is very good for the money, but open back. An emerging Chifi gem.

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #2,373 of 4,535
If you care allot for soundstage you are probably looking for open headphones, and if you also want good soundquality/price, some posts ago GuywholikesHIFI recommended OKCSC M2, these are open as well and based on opinions on here they probably sound great considering the price. (I did not consider them because they are open and they look flimsy and not that good)
I am agree with you. This headphones nice look, but they realy look flimsy and may be easy broken.
But you right Takstar TS 671 is open headphones and they was amazing.

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #2,374 of 4,535
Ok here is my "review" of the pro 82. I will compare them to others to give a better impression.

1: Onkyo H500M
I will not go into H500M to much because I did not like them because first of all I did not like on-ear. Second, anything with bass, heavily distorted the sound to the extend that I hardly could believe that these are sold like this and I doubted that a longer burn-in time could fix them so I returned them. Outside of the bass causing heavy distortion it is probably one of the best sounding headphones of the bunch.

2: JVC HA RX-700
They sound good, and I would describe them as sounding the closest to what the sound is supposed to sound or what was intended by the track, and this is mostly what I am looking for with headphones. They are very well balanced and you cant go wrong with these, however they slightly lack something. Maybe it is that they are slightly muffled or slightly lacking clarity, its hard for me to pin point what it is. It is unfortunate that both hinges were broken, so durability is a concern.

3: pro 80
They sound good and to me they have perfect drums and bass. However they have a noise effect as if it is yelling in your ear giving the sound a very different signature compared to the H500M and JVC RX-700. This is also present in the 82s but somewhat to a lesser extend. The noise effect combined with the bass can slightly cause other sounds to be less present. But like I mentioned the very good beats/drums make these a nice/fun listening.

4: pro 82
First of all, they need some burn-in because initially they sound like one of those room presets you often can choose in sound settings that have echo. Second when you dont have a direct comparison with other decent headphones you will probably be very happy with the 82s. However I could directly compare them to JVC RX-700, pro 80, onkyo H500M so I expected them to be better then those. However i dont find them much better especially because it does not seem to excel in anything sound wise. For example to me they heavily lack in bass (and I am no bass head), I guess the bass boost settings are supposed to fix this, but they dont. The bass boost even in the middle setting cause distortion of the sound and does not give me the nice drums of the 80s, also compared to the RX-700 they fall short in this department. They are better then the 80s in the sense that it does not cause other sound to "disappear". So it is able of revealing sounds in a track sometimes not really present with the 80s. If there is one thing they excel at it would be the comfort, they are extremely light and nice fitting. If you want a portable headphone instead of IEM they should really be considered. All in all I am slightly dissapointed since I expected better, they lack good drums/bass and they do not present the sound (although better as the 80s) in a way that the sound is supposed to be, like I have with the RX-700. Probably in part because of this noise effect that I mentioned.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #2,375 of 4,535
They all great headphones, why it should be much better? :) It's all about taste. If you like RX700 I recommend you to mod it and forget about other headphones. As for Pro82s seems like I get your point. First of all, don't touch bass boost, it's just for "look". Second, did you try to up bass and treble in EQ?

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #2,376 of 4,535
They all great headphones, why it should be much better? :) It's all about taste. If you like RX700 I recommend you to mod it and forget about other headphones. As for Pro82s seems like I get your point. First of all, don't touch bass boost, it's just for "look". Second, did you try to up bass and treble in EQ?

Thanks for the suggestion. It does seem to be a better way to improve the bass somewhat at least compared to the switches on the headphone, although it seems to be at the cost of clarity. I have not tested it thoroughly but I dont think I will change from my current settings (which is to turn off all audio enhancements in the windows settings, which to me gives the better sound at least for my laptop when using headphones. On my pc with a creative sound card I did not reinstall the EQ program since I only listen to it with my headphones also with enhancements off).

Listening to Listen's, you are in front of the audience, orchestra and singer being right in front of you. Listening to Pro 82's, you are in center of the audience and the singer is little behind the orchestra.

lyrean gives a good example on how I could better describe the noise effect.

With the pro 80 you are inside the orchestra and the singer slightly outside of it trying to yell to make her better hearable but slightly failing at that.
With the pro 82 you are (let me use lyreans words but a change to add my experience with the JVC): you are in the front row of the audience and the singer is inside of the orchestra.
With they RX-700 you are a quarter away from the center of the audience and the singer is in front of the orchestra.

Dec 23, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #2,378 of 4,535
Dec 24, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #2,379 of 4,535
The specs point towards it being the v2 since both have impedance of 26ohm. But there are differences, for example the coolermaster (is claimed to have) has a frequency response of 20-20.000, while pro 82 has 10-20.000. Not sure if this points to it having a modified driver or not but I think it to be unlikely. If there are actual differences it might be that the sound signature is geared towards gamers, although one review also does mention them slightly lacking bass, at least compared to other gamingheadsets.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gaming_Hea...r_master_mh751mh752_ramblequick_thoughts_not/
He also mentions that the pleather material feels slightly different between pro82 and coolermaster. There is also a difference between pro82 v1 and v2 in the pads compression, but apparently not in the pleather; "the pleather looks and feels the same" https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/takstar-pro-82/.

Dec 26, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #2,380 of 4,535
Pro 82 is awesome, but today I broke it. It fell from a height of 2 meters.

PhAk5Dc.jpg

N1FF9VK.jpg

Can I repair it ?

Dec 26, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #2,382 of 4,535
Pro 82 is awesome, but today I broke it. It fell from a height of 2 meters.

PhAk5Dc.jpg

N1FF9VK.jpg

Can I repair it ?

That's a pretty troublesome place. Glue that's highly resistant to pull and pressure might help you (including the 'cold weld' sort), but applying it could prove tricky.
AFAIK, there aren't any aftermarket headbands for the Pro 82. :-/

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #2,383 of 4,535
Ok here is my "review" of the pro 82. I will compare them to others to give a better impression.

1: Onkyo H500M
I will not go into H500M to much because I did not like them because first of all I did not like on-ear. Second, anything with bass, heavily distorted the sound to the extend that I hardly could believe that these are sold like this and I doubted that a longer burn-in time could fix them so I returned them. Outside of the bass causing heavy distortion it is probably one of the best sounding headphones of the bunch.

2: JVC HA RX-700
They sound good, and I would describe them as sounding the closest to what the sound is supposed to sound or what was intended by the track, and this is mostly what I am looking for with headphones. They are very well balanced and you cant go wrong with these, however they slightly lack something. Maybe it is that they are slightly muffled or slightly lacking clarity, its hard for me to pin point what it is. It is unfortunate that both hinges were broken, so durability is a concern.

3: pro 80
They sound good and to me they have perfect drums and bass. However they have a noise effect as if it is yelling in your ear giving the sound a very different signature compared to the H500M and JVC RX-700. This is also present in the 82s but somewhat to a lesser extend. The noise effect combined with the bass can slightly cause other sounds to be less present. But like I mentioned the very good beats/drums make these a nice/fun listening.

4: pro 82
First of all, they need some burn-in because initially they sound like one of those room presets you often can choose in sound settings that have echo. Second when you dont have a direct comparison with other decent headphones you will probably be very happy with the 82s. However I could directly compare them to JVC RX-700, pro 80, onkyo H500M so I expected them to be better then those. However i dont find them much better especially because it does not seem to excel in anything sound wise. For example to me they heavily lack in bass (and I am no bass head), I guess the bass boost settings are supposed to fix this, but they dont. The bass boost even in the middle setting cause distortion of the sound and does not give me the nice drums of the 80s, also compared to the RX-700 they fall short in this department. They are better then the 80s in the sense that it does not cause other sound to "disappear". So it is able of revealing sounds in a track sometimes not really present with the 80s. If there is one thing they excel at it would be the comfort, they are extremely light and nice fitting. If you want a portable headphone instead of IEM they should really be considered. All in all I am slightly dissapointed since I expected better, they lack good drums/bass and they do not present the sound (although better as the 80s) in a way that the sound is supposed to be, like I have with the RX-700. Probably in part because of this noise effect that I mentioned.

Middle one is more distorted

And last one is decayish making boom sounds

Jan 1, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #2,385 of 4,535
Hello,i just got coolermaster mh751 the rebrand of pro 82 v2 but there is a thick foam in driver to probably have to remove it to,but im finding a channel unbalance in midrange,from 300 to 1.5k 1-1.5db and from 1.5k to 3.5k there is 2db-3db more to the left and making vocals sounding like coming from left side all time.Im trying to remove the pads to see why this is caused but im not finding a way there seems have some holes but idk how to remove it,and is "there glue in pads" or just holes or whatever i need to do to remove pads without ripping them or making them unavaiable to put back,really dont wanna return cause probably gona take a month or 2 till its back and they probably wont hear the 2-3db difference and bring the same product.Im not having this issue with Creative aurvana live 1 and my friend hyperx cloud 1 just to make sure and my earbuds,so its not my ears or the source.And it sound decent tight fast bass without being cold or very warm just right to my ears,midrange is very natyral and grainfree but a bit recessed compared to cal,and tremble is a bit veiled since the thick foam and its very good quality but lacks quantity,air is very good quality but agian misses quantity i can mess with eq but first channel imbalance in midrange priority.I cheked this https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/takstar-pro-82/ he fixed the channel imbalance by just opening it and closing the drivers.Anybody that helps i appreciate it alot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back