Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 2, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #2,341 of 4,535
Btw I have not changed pads or anything and I find these very comfortable. I use them with iPod touch 6th gen with fiio q1mk2 and they sound glorious. I think I'll get one of those idea dac next pay cheque to try them out

Dec 3, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #2,343 of 4,535
Thanks, I think I may get one. Seems really good value for money. And you connect that to idea dac?

Dec 3, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #2,344 of 4,535
Thanks, I think I may get one. Seems really good value for money. And you connect that to idea dac?
yup

but you have to make that amp,cannot buy it

i have shared my drive for all schematics and everything plus some upgraded component

but today i was comparing Takstar Pro82 with HD660s

sorry bro,

HD6 series is the real end game

HD660s beats all TOTL super expensive cans plus everything i have heard till date and still a golden standard

Dec 3, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #2,345 of 4,535
I've just noticed these sound really nice with colorfly c3...
Hd660 are a lot more pricey than these. Hd650 are my favourite headphones

Dec 3, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #2,346 of 4,535
I've just noticed these sound really nice with colorfly c3...
Hd660 are a lot more pricey than these. Hd650 are my favourite headphones

I have the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Headphones ($150), which are similar to the HD 660s but have more sub-bass, and I personally prefer it to the Takstar Pro 82 (keeping in mind of course that the Sennheisers are open headphone vs. the closed Takstar). To my ears the HD 58X has just enough sub-bass, so I doubt I'd like the HD 660s as much. Nice thing about the Sennheisers is there is ready availability of earpads, headband padding, first-party and aftermarket cables (including balanced), so a good ecosystem. I listen on a Emotiva Big Ego DAC and a Musical Fidelity V-Can headphone amplifer or an Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato DAP.

Dec 3, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #2,347 of 4,535
Sony MDR MA900(Stock)
Sony MDR MA900(Resistor Mod)
Senn Legend Series 580 and 6zz series(6xx is massdrop now)
Focal X Massdrop ELEX
Mr Speaker Voce
Sony MDR F1
Sony MDR CD900ST CE02 cartonode version by Sony Music Corporation
Beyer DT480 Vintage modded
Sennheiser Orepheus HE1(i tried in senn office in india gurgaon)
AKG K550 solderdude mod edition
Monoprice Monolith M1060C openBack mod with @PockyG extensions, Fazzor, MicroSeude Pads and Thermolam instead of Foam Damping(Ultimate Planar tuning) and Hifiman Headpad
Audio technica M40x solderdude mod

all these are way better than takstar pro82.

i use benchmark media DAC2HGC in studio

all comparision is done with takstar pro82 in mind

Sony MDR MA900
-Way bigger stage and soundscape
-equal imaging
-tighter sound
-HD6zz style mids and treble
-the best bass drop, graph shows roll off, but when you hear it, it shakes the heart

Sony MDR MA900 mod
-Everything same but more tighter sound and more extended bass
-Decay is tighter

Senn HD6zz series(660s)
-Golden Standard
-Olive and Welti curve, true to response
-Man, this is legend class imaging
-the biggest senn sound while keeping intimacy

Focal X Massdrop ELEX
-Take Senn HD660s, give it sparkle and make stage bigger
-then give it focal 3D precis location tracking type sound
-then give it bass warmth extension equal to planars

Mr Speaker Voce
-Electrostatic to do bass right
-first one to not sound fuzzy in electromagnetic
-neutral warm and huge space plus dark

Sony MDR F1
-vintage ma900 sony with crisper treble and guitar plucks
-near sharp imaging
-Bass was okay but damm texture was amazing for slow drivers

Sony MDR CD900ST CE02 cartonode version by Sony Music Corporation
-Perfection...i wisher MDR7506 and v6 could have touched its 1%
-Laser fast, thunderous extension(in Hz not in dB)
-Studio style imaging
-Stage is Room accurate

Beyer DT480 Vintage
-Perfected Takstar Pro82
-Life Like experience

Sennheiser Orepheus HE1(i tried in senn office in india gurgaon)
-Legendary took Godly, it sounds like HD660s for a moment, but then expands to crazy horizon
-EDM sounds weirdly huge and seperated like club hall but enjoyable

AKG K550 solderdude mod edition
-K501 sound with bass extension of closeback
and K501 is the vintage can to change the game for open back.. The Gigantic AKG soundstage with close back bass

Monoprice Monolith M1060C openBack mod with @PockyG extensions, Fazzor, ZMF microseude Pads and Thermolam instead of Foam Damping(Ultimate Planar tuning) and Hifiman Headpad
-Mic Drop
-Negative point is Ringing which is still present

Audio technica M40x solderdude mod
-too much neutral and accurate compared to Takstars

Dec 4, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #2,348 of 4,535
"Not already written up, but to summarize here are my thoughts real quick. I like the Takstar Pro 82 a whole lot more more than the ATH-M50. With the cotton ball mod, they’re really close to that of my Sennheiser HD650 in terms of sound. The Senns are “darker” than the Pro82 and my ATH-M50 (original version, not the X which has the removable cable) are extremely muddy.

If you’re willing to wait a bit for the Pro82s to come in, they’re well worth more than they’re charging for. I’d, honestly, say that if a known audio company was selling them they’d be running $200-250."

this i saw on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7le882/takstar_pro82_rip_msr7_users/

wanna try this

if Pro82 really scaled up as the mod hype is going on... then i dont have anything to say

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #2,349 of 4,535
I'm no sound expert and my experience is limited to some ****ty gaming headsets and the SR850 being the most "audiophile" headphone I've listened to, so take my layman opinion as you will.

Overall the pro 82 feels like it's missing something. It's like instead of music I'm hearing noise that resembles music but it lacks separation and sounds bland? Also feels like there is a giant pit where music used to be and now it sounds empty with noise on either end of the spectrum.

"Not already written up, but to summarize here are my thoughts real quick. I like the Takstar Pro 82 a whole lot more more than the ATH-M50. With the cotton ball mod, they’re really close to that of my Sennheiser HD650 in terms of sound. The Senns are “darker” than the Pro82 and my ATH-M50 (original version, not the X which has the removable cable) are extremely muddy.

If you’re willing to wait a bit for the Pro82s to come in, they’re well worth more than they’re charging for. I’d, honestly, say that if a known audio company was selling them they’d be running $200-250."

this i saw on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7le882/takstar_pro82_rip_msr7_users/

wanna try this

if Pro82 really scaled up as the mod hype is going on... then i dont have anything to say

This is interesting, like crimsonvoid I am no expert as well. But when I was comparing my pro 80 with the JVC -HA RX 700, I experienced the noise effect in the 80s similar to what he described, which was not present in the RX 700.

Somewhere I have read (I think in this forum) that the 82s noise effect is caused by the cans having no dampening. Maybe this issue is fixed with a cotton ball mod. Although most people make no mention of this and it probably is not present with good equipment.

My 82s will probably arrive this week. I am interested to know how people experience this mod when they try it.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #2,350 of 4,535
Hello. I've been using my Takstars for half a year everyday, even outside (but I try to not wear it at lower than -20 degrees), trees branches tried to scratch it, I was dropping it, and you know it still looks the same as new. Thanks everyone for making me decide to buy this one. I really like how it sounds and feels but I decided to keep this pair at my work. Have some money to spend and is there's any good upgrade for 82s for about 200€ or any reason to do that? (99% of my music is Queen). Btw my relatives live in Germany so I can get some headphones of brands like Beyerdynamics much cheaper.

Dec 5, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #2,351 of 4,535
Hello. I've been using my Takstars for half a year everyday, even outside (but I try to not wear it at lower than -20 degrees), trees branches tried to scratch it, I was dropping it, and you know it still looks the same as new. Thanks everyone for making me decide to buy this one. I really like how it sounds and feels but I decided to keep this pair at my work. Have some money to spend and is there's any good upgrade for 82s for about 200€ or any reason to do that? (99% of my music is Queen). Btw my relatives live in Germany so I can get some headphones of brands like Beyerdynamics much cheaper.
Easy - buy another Pro 82 and Radsone ES100 to use it on the go.
This small device manages to deliver great SQ over Bluetooth, powering Pro 82 perfectly, with plenty of headroom.
It even delivers bass as great as a desktop amp would. You just have to configure ES100 (through its app) to use the "2x Current" mode for the 3.5mm output.

Listening to "AC/DC Live (Collector's Edition)" on Deezer through this combo right now - speechless...

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #2,353 of 4,535
Have some money to spend and is there's any good upgrade for 82s for about 200€ or any reason to do that? (99% of my music is Queen).

Audio Technica MSR7. Better clarity, better resolution, pretty much only things you have to sacrifice is bass and maybe some soundstage.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #2,354 of 4,535
@BenF, which codec do you use with this receiver?, did you try the balanced output with the Pro 82? Thanks.
LDAC 24/96.
Sounds much better than aptX HD.

Don't have the balanced cable for Pro 82, haven't even seen one for sale

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #2,355 of 4,535
Don't have the balanced cable for Pro 82, haven't even seen one for sale
It was sort of the implicit question in there, because I don’t remember of anyone driving the Pro 82 in balanced mode even if they seem to be prepared for it! :muscle: I don’t know of any compatible cable either, but it shouldn’t be too hard to build such cable?
I was very curious to know whether balanced could further improve their performance. I have no any balanced output at disposal to try...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back