Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 12, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #1,952 of 4,535
Since the conversation has turned to bluetooth cans and comparisons with the Pro 82, I just thought I'd mention that I got in on the first wave of Audeze Mobius when their Indiegogo campaign originally launched ($199) and will be comparing it with the Pro 82 once it arrives.

Should be interesting. I'm not expecting the Mobius to be the be-all, end-all, but it's got enough interesting bells and whistles that for that price I couldn't resist. Audeze has a solid track record re: sound quality.
I paid 500$ for iSine 20, and it sounds pretty good over the lightning cable (with DSP built-in), but horrible through the regular cable.
I hope Mobius will have its DSP active with all the inputs.

May 12, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #1,953 of 4,535
BenF do you honest feel the Pro 82s are up there with electrostatic headphones on transparency? Having never heard and electrostat in person I have no point of comparison.
I own 4 electrostats (5 when I put L500 pads on L300), and only L300 can exceed Pro 82's transparency.

May 12, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #1,954 of 4,535
I paid 500$ for iSine 20, and it sounds pretty good over the lightning cable (with DSP built-in), but horrible through the regular cable.
I hope Mobius will have its DSP active with all the inputs.

I believe it will, it can’t be used passively at all, as I recall.

May 12, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #1,955 of 4,535
Yes, I actually did but I didn't notice any difference in bass whether I used it in bluetooth mode or wired, which is quite strange. In both modes it had too much bass for my liking. I think Pro 82 has just the right amount of bass boost when the bass ports are closed.
That sucks, looks like they re-tuned the drivers.
Before Pro 82 arrived, H7 Gen1 was my favorite closed headphone.
They sounded bad at first, but burn-in really helped.

May 13, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #1,957 of 4,535
Are you sure that you bought this exact cable from this exact store? I don't need to pull mine.

So I just dug up that grey cable, and indeed you are right : there isn't the fit problem like the other cable I mentioned. Works fine! :)

It actually has 3 bands! Still, the Poyatu (potayu?) cable does look closer to the stock cable and will give that a go for the next time.

As gifts, the Takstarpro 82 and extra cables were not taken care of by myself. Sorry!

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #1,958 of 4,535
So I just dug up that grey cable, and indeed you are right : there isn't the fit problem like the other cable I mentioned. Works fine! :)

It actually has 3 bands! Still, the Poyatu (potayu?) cable does look closer to the stock cable and will give that a go for the next time.

As gifts, the Takstarpro 82 and extra cables were not taken care of by myself. Sorry!
Thank you for clarifying this!
Good to know that this store still sells Pro82-compatible cable.

May 14, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #1,960 of 4,535
My initial impressions of the Takstar Pro 82s have changed now.

After using them from the ~2 months that I got them. I must say that my brain has adjusted to them quite well. These sound really really good and I really enjoy listening to music on these. With the bass slider set to the middle they sound the most pleasing to me.

These are just so damn comfortable. Even if something sounded substantially better if they weren't at least this comfortable I wouldn't feel inclined to upgrade from the Takstars.
As for sound, after getting used to them, I prefer them in every way over the m50x. These sound more clear and are better at detail retrieval than the m50x. Not sure if this is a thing but it sounds like the frequency response is much more extended or wider than the m50x.

Listening to Sivu and Lucy Rose I don't recall ever having such an enjoyable experience with headphones before.

In the end I'm no audiophile but from a consumer standpoint I enjoy these headphones for non-professional use.

May 14, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #1,961 of 4,535
Talking about M50s, im planning to ask my friend to borrow his M50X and write comparison to my upcoming Pro 82-review. I actually owned them years ago but i dont want to write it based on memories.

May 14, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #1,962 of 4,535
Talking about M50s, im planning to ask my friend to borrow his M50X and write comparison to my upcoming Pro 82-review. I actually owned them years ago but i dont want to write it based on memories.

Thank you, I just noticed there is not a comparison to the M50X in this thread, although there is one to the M40X, but I've heard those are two very different sound signatures.

May 14, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #1,963 of 4,535
My initial impressions of the Takstar Pro 82s have changed now.

After using them from the ~2 months that I got them. I must say that my brain has adjusted to them quite well. These sound really really good and I really enjoy listening to music on these. With the bass slider set to the middle they sound the most pleasing to me.

These are just so damn comfortable. Even if something sounded substantially better if they weren't at least this comfortable I wouldn't feel inclined to upgrade from the Takstars.
As for sound, after getting used to them, I prefer them in every way over the m50x. These sound more clear and are better at detail retrieval than the m50x. Not sure if this is a thing but it sounds like the frequency response is much more extended or wider than the m50x.

Listening to Sivu and Lucy Rose I don't recall ever having such an enjoyable experience with headphones before.

In the end I'm no audiophile but from a consumer standpoint I enjoy these headphones for non-professional use.
Excellent impressions!
Added them to post #3.

...As for sound, after getting used to them, I prefer them in every way over the m50x. These sound more clear and are better at detail retrieval than the m50x. Not sure if this is a thing but it sounds like the frequency response is much more extended or wider than the m50x.

That's exactly the case. Pro 82 is practically flat from 20Hz to 2.7kHz, M50X is not:
upload_2018-5-14_17-38-6.png

https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudioTechnicaATHM50x.pdf

It has two peaks in the bass, sub-bass is reduced, and mids crash starting at 2kHz.
I have to admit, it measures better than I expected, but it just can't compete with Pro 82 in linearity:
upload_2018-5-14_17-41-28.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back