Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 15, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #1,981 of 4,535
Fx audio dac x7 is excellent with pro 82, noticeably better than any amp of mines.
I did not try O2/SMSL-idead, but O2/fiio q1 mkii.

Until I found fx audio x7, pro 82 has trouble with big band music like orchestral piece and sounded disjointed sound. And it turned me back to th-900 or Nighthawk to get fuller sound.
My intention for x7 was to get an improved sound with night hawks which has also problem of not natural sound even though it provides with the most harmonic density I ever found in music especially big band music.

I notice that dynamic range increases significantly that means I can increase volume significantly without hurting my ears with proper fullness of the sound.

Now my usual phone is pro 82 for the troubled big band music.

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #1,982 of 4,535
Fx audio dac x7 is excellent with pro 82, noticeably better than any amp of mines.
I did not try O2/SMSL-idead, but O2/fiio q1 mkii.

Until I found fx audio x7, pro 82 has trouble with big band music like orchestral piece and sounded disjointed sound. And it turned me back to th-900 or Nighthawk to get fuller sound.
My intention for x7 was to get an improved sound with night hawks which has also problem of not natural sound even though it provides with the most harmonic density I ever found in music especially big band music.

I notice that dynamic range increases significantly that means I can increase volume significantly without hurting my ears with proper fullness of the sound.

Now my usual phone is pro 82 for the troubled big band music.
So you too now prefer Pro 82 over TH900? There is more and more of us...
Just another evidence of how important synergy is.

May 16, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #1,983 of 4,535
Just got my Pro 82 and first impression is great! Really heavy bass, even with all port closed. Only thing when i would consider to open those bass ports would be when i am watching movie, so ++ for versatility. These are my first closed back headphones, so that feeling from sound pressure takes time to get used to. :gs1000smile:

May 16, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #1,984 of 4,535
So you too now prefer Pro 82 over TH900? There is more and more of us...
Just another evidence of how important synergy

Well...it is different matter to being better or not, but I just begin to enjoy the phone with different flavor never experience before.
It can be said that with the best comfort pro 82 provide me with new flavor and now I am enjoying the taste until saturated.
Still serious listening push me back to th900 or nighthawk, whose tastes are well known to me.
However pro 82 becomes serious condender to them.
For sure pro 82 is the most of headtime for casual listen for the time being

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #1,985 of 4,535
Just got my Pro 82 and first impression is great! Really heavy bass, even with all port closed. Only thing when i would consider to open those bass ports would be when i am watching movie, so ++ for versatility. These are my first closed back headphones, so that feeling from sound pressure takes time to get used to. :gs1000smile:

I dont really find Pro 82s bass that heavy, its relatively light to me. Of course if youre coming from open back headphones it might sound heavier compared to them.

May 16, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #1,986 of 4,535
Well...it is different matter to being better or not, but I just begin to enjoy the phone with different flavor never experience before.
It can be said that with the best comfort pro 82 provide me with new flavor and now I am enjoying the taste until saturated.
Still serious listening push me back to th900 or nighthawk, whose tastes are well known to me.
However pro 82 becomes serious condender to them.
For sure pro 82 is the most of headtime for casual listen for the time being
Sometimes I too reach for my TH900MK2 or one of the electrostats.
Not too often though - getting lazier and lazier...

May 16, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #1,987 of 4,535
Sometimes I too reach for my TH900MK2 or one of the electrostats.
Not too often though - getting lazier and lazier...

In my case, there is only subtle difference between them.
The effort of choosing them for better listening is simply not justified.

This small world is a highly nonlinear world, the pricey phone is simply not performing proportionally as the price differences.
When we remember that some of the most simplest electric/electronic devices are just voice coil motor aka phones, and amplifier with respect to the technology.
However we have paid so much money for them in order to get very thin improvement, and the effort fails us very often to get the tiny improvement.
In this regard, pro 82 justifies very much with a fraction of those cost, and the cost of pro 82 is simply much less than my Kimber cable for Sony MDR Z7.
It is insane world to live with sense of economy.

May 18, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #1,988 of 4,535
Pro 84 coming?? :yum:
Let's hope so. As long as they have the same engineer that tuned Pro 82, continuously improving it - whatever is coming next, should be amazing.

From the data in your latest FR curves, they probably don't need to work much more on the tuning itself — as Pro 82 seems to measure exceptionally good. Perhaps they just need to put some extra effort on getting perfectly matched drivers (paired from production or whatever), which would take their soundstage and imaging up to another level, and also further improve their clarity and overall performance (I bet).

10098633.png

In any event, we might (hopefully) see the release of their Takstar HI 3050 planar headphone, before any official revision/upgrade to Pro 82 is out. (See page 43 on http://www.takstar.com/download_file/2017_Catalogue.pdf).

May 18, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #1,989 of 4,535
May 18, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #1,990 of 4,535
In any event, we might (hopefully) see the release of their Takstar HI 3050 planar headphone, before any official revision/upgrade to Pro 82 is out. (See page 43 on http://www.takstar.com/download_file/2017_Catalogue.pdf).

Ooooo... first of heard of that, thanks for the link!

A little strange on the specs, max input power is 100 mW - for a planar?

But looks nice, I hope they can deliver on it in 2018 since they’re a year behind.
71F27270-CDF9-47EB-9128-E2C6BCB6BCAF.jpeg

May 19, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #1,991 of 4,535
My unit just arrived. There's strong channel imbalance - the left driver is noticeably louder than the right ( is there any way I could fix that? )
They sound extremely muddy, the treble is super exaggerated and unnecessarily sharp ( maybe I received the first revision? though the drivers are "transparent" ) My old M40X's were way clearer and more detailed.
Even for 60$ I'm utterly disappointed. One could expect at least some form of quality control at that price point, I'm not even talking about the headphones sounding good.

P.S. Funnily enough, the killing fall of my M40X's made the left driver quieter than the right driver. I sold them to afford the Pro 82's, and I received a copy with the left driver being louder than the right driver. Ironic.

May 19, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #1,992 of 4,535
My unit just arrived. There's strong channel imbalance - the left driver is noticeably louder than the right ( is there any way I could fix that? )
They sound extremely muddy, the treble is super exaggerated and unnecessarily sharp ( maybe I received the first revision? though the drivers are "transparent" ) My old M40X's were way clearer and more detailed.
Even for 60$ I'm utterly disappointed. One could expect at least some form of quality control at that price point, I'm not even talking about the headphones sounding good.

P.S. Funnily enough, the killing fall of my M40X's made the left driver quieter than the right driver. I sold them to afford the Pro 82's, and I received a copy with the left driver being louder than the right driver. Ironic.
Send it back immediately.

May 19, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #1,994 of 4,535
Shipping them back to China will cost me more than the headphones themselves.
My situation can be used as an example of what could possibly happen if someone gets a bad unit. I.e. don't disregard them completely, but rather make sure they're genuine and properly functional.
If it's expensive because of the case, maybe you can ship to the seller without the case, then they will ship you the replacement.

May 20, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #1,995 of 4,535
If it's expensive because of the case, maybe you can ship to the seller without the case, then they will ship you the replacement.

I ordered from Xiao Mi World Store and didn’t get the case ( don’t need it whatsoever ). Anyway, it’s alright. Guess I’ll sell them or something. Or maybe they will somehow magically fix themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back