Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 11, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #1,936 of 4,535
Pro 82's most prominent feature is its transparency, which can rival electrostatics. They show the music as it was recorded/mastered, without "beautifying" it.
Especially Pro 82 v1, right?

You are probably right about Pro 82 not being the most neutral one, but it's damn hard to beat.
Out of curiosity, @BenF, which headphone would you consider as the most neutral one?

May 11, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #1,937 of 4,535
Definition of "neutral sound" is quite subjective, what is neutral to someone might not be neutral to others. Ive heard people calling M50X neutral sounding what is definitely not the case. Even Pro 82 is not completely neutral sounding because of its slightly U-shaped signature.

May 11, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #1,938 of 4,535
Hi club, my pro82 came today after 5 months.
yes, i live in brazil and i got 5 months of delivery time xD by aliexpress and my damn country.

didnt tested much headphones at all, sold beyerdynamic dt990 premium this month
pro82 have more comfort, are super light headphones
i got a extra cable with mic recommended here by aliexpress (and i didnt liked using him)
i got the extra layers of foam/velour idk to "tweak" the sound putting them inside the cups and didnt liked both of them.

pro82 vanilla is already very fun, and im very happy of having him.

btw my source is high end pc + Sabaj da3.. gonna test on iphone 5 later (my old phone),
im looking for a good DAP with great music dac and maybe improve bass a little? if someone know one recommend me.. im currently waiting for hiby r3 go to amazon or aliex

also.. for me i choose bass3 the best on this headphone

my music taste is rock,metal,nu metal,hiphop

sabaj da3 is not the most powerfull amp ROFL but best volume for me was everything at max.

I`ll probably also order a better cable, if someone can recommend a "PRO" cable. please no cheap ones

and maybe ill order another pro82 with box (i purchased without box and was all fine, but came very unprotected).. im not the most audio enthusiast.. mostly gamer and enjoy good music.. so its fine for me.

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #1,940 of 4,535
How do you really know if it's the 2nd or 1st batch?

1st batch = 2.2m cable
2nd batch = 1.4m cable (not sure, shorter cable anyway)

May 11, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #1,941 of 4,535
Especially Pro 82 v1, right?
v1 may be slightly more revealing of bad recordings, due to more treble energy.
v2 measures more linearly - even though they sound equally transparent to me.
10104090.png

Out of curiosity, @BenF, which headphone would you consider as the most neutral one?
I prefer to talk about "transparent" instead of "neutral" - it's much more important. Just because a headphone doesn't emphasize any FR range, doesn't mean it will have a good timbre and detail.
Headphones that sound transparent, making me forget that I listen to headphones, are what I'm looking for.
From what I heard - Pro 82, Abyss AB1266 and Stax L300 - even though Staxes don't measure nearly as well as Pro 82s do.
More expensive Staxes (L500, L300LE, L700) sound less transparent.
AB1266 needed a tube amp (Cayin HA-1AMk2) to come alive, sounded mediocre from SS (Oppo HA-1).

May 11, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #1,943 of 4,535
I can now agree. I tested bunch of different bluetooth headphones and even bought one (B&O H7 Gen2) but had to return it because the touch controls were not good at all. Soundwise H7 Gen2 was pretty good but had little bit too much bass for my liking and the clarity was not in par with Takstar Pro 82.
Have you tried listening to H7 Gen2 wired? The bass boost is supposed to be a result of a firmware update, and firmware only affects Bluetooth - It should sound much better wired.
Comfort isn't great though, and the controls are horrible.

May 11, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #1,944 of 4,535
Definition of "neutral sound" is quite subjective, what is neutral to someone might not be neutral to others. Ive heard people calling M50X neutral sounding what is definitely not the case. Even Pro 82 is not completely neutral sounding because of its slightly U-shaped signature.
I agree that what is considered "neutral" by different people is affected by people's hearing and their previous headphones.
I initially considered Pro 82 slightly U-shaped too - but that was only because I was coming from more mid-forward headphones, which made Pro 82's mids sound recessed.
Now Pro 82 doesn't sound U-shaped to me anymore, and along with electrostats it's my new reference point.
Pro 82 is practically flat from 20Hz to 2.7kHz (see an image in my post earlier on this page).

May 11, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #1,945 of 4,535
How do you really know if it's the 2nd or 1st batch?
1st version - white carton box, 2.2m cable
2nd version - black carton box, 1.6m cable

The guy that posted review at Medium is the only that mentioned 1.4m, along with a lot of other misinformation.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #1,946 of 4,535
I agree that what is considered "neutral" by different people is affected by people's hearing and their previous headphones.
I initially considered Pro 82 slightly U-shaped too - but that was only because I was coming from more mid-forward headphones, which made Pro 82's mids sound recessed.
Now Pro 82 doesn't sound U-shaped to me anymore, and along with electrostats it's my new reference point.
Pro 82 is practically flat from 20Hz to 2.7kHz (see an image in my post earlier on this page).

It looks like a slight U-shape to me (2nd batch even more so), there is a mid-bass hump and highs are clearly elevated but yes, still quite flat.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #1,948 of 4,535
Have you tried listening to H7 Gen2 wired? The bass boost is supposed to be a result of a firmware update, and firmware only affects Bluetooth - It should sound much better wired.
Comfort isn't great though, and the controls are horrible.

Yes, I actually did but I didn't notice any difference in bass whether I used it in bluetooth mode or wired, which is quite strange. In both modes it had too much bass for my liking. I think Pro 82 has just the right amount of bass boost when the bass ports are closed.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #1,949 of 4,535
@BenF I have used your plot of the Pro 82'2 on the Netduma forum as we are speaking about good headphones for gaming I hope you do not mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back